ADVERTISEMENT

$4.69 A GALLON!!!! WTF!!!!!

so let's get this straight. biden's policy actions and attacks on oil and souring investment had zero impact on prices?
No I’m stating his policy and every other presidents policy doesn’t have “as much” impact as people think. He doesn’t drive the bus in oil. He can manipulate it some but opec+ can overcome anything he does. That’s my original argument.

• Haha
Reactions: DANC
not one of these things made gas more expensive in victormyboys' mind. just all pure coincidence and external factors. zero to do with joe. 0 out of 100 to do with joe.

you list your credentials to know better than allllllll of hte people i'm reading inside the industry and outside in universities etc and i'll give you more of the benefit of the doubt. for now i'm going to say i don't believe you

That’s not what I said.

No I’m stating his policy and every other presidents policy doesn’t have “as much” impact as people think
okay so now we're getting somewhere. you admit that the policies and actions of biden adn his administration negatively impacted the price of gas. you are just saying that it may not be as much as people think.

not one of these things made gas more expensive in victormyboys' mind. just all pure coincidence and external factors. zero to do with joe. 0 out of 100 to do with joe.

you list your credentials to know better than allllllll of hte people i'm reading inside the industry and outside in universities etc and i'll give you more of the benefit of the doubt. for now i'm going to say i don't believe you

AEA? Thier mission statement is funny.

AEA's mission is to enlist and empower energy consumers to encourage policymakers to support free market policies. These policies lead to abundant, affordable, and reliable energy for all Americans.

When was the last time energy was free market?

okay so now we're getting somewhere. you admit that the policies and actions of biden adn his administration negatively impacted the price of gas. you are just saying that it may not be as much as people think.
You are getting too emotional about this. My stance has always been this.

Reactions: Bowlmania
Are you drunk, 12, or simply a moron? Acting like a full across multiple threads. Let the adults talk.
What you get your feelings hurt! Adult talk? That went out the window with Biden. You a Biden voter? If so, you are without excuse. So either come back with a worthy reply OR tell us you are a Biden voter. As far as gas goes I'm sick and tired of paying Bidens gas prices and every other thing he has dumped on us, utilities, groceries, property tax and every GD time I pay a bill. Jeeeesus you guys defending this idiocy are truly without excuse! Screw this nightmare, and yes every dem brought this on us. Change yourself jerky licker, or continue the insanity its on you.

You are getting too emotional about this. My stance has always been this.
i'm not emotional about it at all. and as long as that's your stance we both agree. biden's policies contributed to the rise in gas prices. like everything else

the dream team just wants to get to the truth

Now Murt…why is energy so freaking regulated in many states? Follow the money. Indiana is supposed to be a deregulated state but Center point has a massive chokehold for instance. Republican appointed regulators too.

Now Murt…why is energy so freaking regulated in many states? Follow the money. Indiana is supposed to be a deregulated state but Center point has a massive chokehold for instance. Republican appointed regulators too.
or the insane differences in prices between stations just a few miles apart

you respond to me. i rarely respond to you. i think you're a crank. a woke dumbshit. and my life is a blast. you add things no one says. crab legs. killing me? good grief weirdo. as i said you do nothing important because you aren't very bright.
Sure, mcm. It's easy to see how much of a blast your life is. You do this weird carpet-bombing routine every couple of weeks and then you eventually sober up. You're blessed with what sounds like a fantastic daughter and a son who is going to be a blast. Sincerely hope you figure out how to get happy and enjoy them and then one of your businesses hits the jackpot so you can enjoy all the crab legs and rocket fuel your heart desires.

• Haha
Reactions: mcmurtry66
Haven't seen property taxes discussed and how they are skyrocketing as well. Direct result of Biden policies.

Well no shit. Home values have jumped. Property taxes based on home values are going to rise as well. Sell your McMansion and buy a bungalow. Problem solved.

Reactions: Victorbmyboy
Haven't seen property taxes discussed and how they are skyrocketing as well. Direct result of Biden policies.

7%? I wish.

Mine went up 20% last year. They have doubled in 7 years.

Just bought a hamburger at Five Guys. $10.39. Before tax.
Joe Biden Celebration GIF by Creative Courage

Just bought a hamburger at Five Guys. $10.39. Before tax.
I had a McDonald's sundae for the first time in 2 years. Not only has the price gone up by $1.25 or so but they are half the size they used to be. I finished it in 3 bites. Ridiculous.

Sure, mcm. It's easy to see how much of a blast your life is. You do this weird carpet-bombing routine every couple of weeks and then you eventually sober up. You're blessed with what sounds like a fantastic daughter and a son who is going to be a blast. Sincerely hope you figure out how to get happy and enjoy them and then one of your businesses hits the jackpot so you can enjoy all the crab legs and rocket fuel your heart desires.
Don’t worry about Murt. He’s a Bitcoiner. He’ll buy a Red Lobster if he wants crab legs.

I had a McDonald's sundae for the first time in 2 years. Not only has the price gone up by $1.25 or so but they are half the size they used to be. I finished it in 3 bites. Ridiculous.
Sometimes money is no object. When my dad was in the nursing home after his stroke, I would pick up a couple of those when I went to see him. I'd pay bigly to be able to do that one more time.

Per this link, they were $7.79 in 2010 (if I'm comparing apples to apples to get to a $10.39 burger today). That's not a huge jump on a relative scale, is it?

It was like $15 or $16 for a burger/fries/drink there years ago. Only time I've had it last couple years was in the airport in DC and don't think that's a very good price marker

Reactions: BradStevens
Per this link, they were $7.79 in 2010 (if I'm comparing apples to apples to get to a $10.39 burger today). That's not a huge jump on a relative scale, is it?
I'm getting old. I see a hamburger on a menu for over $10 and, in front of my daughter, I exclaimed "You've got to be kidding me!" She said "Do you want to leave?" "No, no, honey get what you want."

But damn. I think I can make 4 on the grill for the same price.

Do the math.(we produce more than any single country)We aren’t dictating the market…ever. What will lower gas prices is building refineries that better refine the crude we produce. We currently have 1. It was finished this year. OPEC + still drives the bus and!!!! why would the oil companies drill more? They don’t have too.
All energy producer influence the market. I didn't say the US dictates the market.

Well no shit. Home values have jumped. Property taxes based on home values are going to rise as well. Sell your McMansion and buy a bungalow. Problem solved.
Are trailers assessed like permanent houses?

I'm getting old. I see a hamburger on a menu for over $10 and, in front of my daughter, I exclaimed "You've got to be kidding me!" She said "Do you want to leave?" "No, no, honey get what you want."

But damn. I think I can make 4 on the grill for the same price.
Uh oh. Don't tell @Ohio Guy you can eat cheaper by buying at the supermarket.

• Haha
Reactions: Joe_Hoopsier
Hung out w a refinery builder at the JDub in Canal this year at Mardi Gras every night after his shift. An executive. Engineer. Three straight nights we would hang before he went to bed, and we went outside to watch parades.

Dude was fed up with this regime. Was a psuedo-union guy before, but said the Bidan administration with it's regulatory nonsense has made it a nightmare to operate.

I didn't ask for details. Didn't lead in any direction.

I trust his opinion on the matter than the partisan guzzlers here.

You see, this is what liberals do. You think we conservatives are stupid - so you assume McMurtry’s car doesn’t really need it.

In reality, it almost assuredly requires it. And it needs it because of polices you support for which you never understood the 2nd and 3rd-order effects would create.

“Back in 2000 turbochargers were only found in cars and accounted for roughly 1% of the cars produced. By 2019, more than one-third of all cars, SUVs and pickups were equipped with a turbocharger, according to the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency (EPA). Those turbocharged engines are more likely to require high-octane gas than a non-turbo engine.”
No, I assume his car needs Premium, but I don't assume he needs to pay $4.69 per gallon for it at a self-serve BP. He's getting ripped off.

You see, this is what liberals do. You think we conservatives are stupid - so you assume McMurtry’s car doesn’t really need it.

In reality, it almost assuredly requires it. And it needs it because of polices you support for which you never understood the 2nd and 3rd-order effects would create.

“Back in 2000 turbochargers were only found in cars and accounted for roughly 1% of the cars produced. By 2019, more than one-third of all cars, SUVs and pickups were equipped with a turbocharger, according to the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency (EPA). Those turbocharged engines are more likely to require high-octane gas than a non-turbo engine.”
The way I always heard it explained by a petroleum rep I know is that, in order to make premium gas, the refiners need to use a more expensive, higher grade of raw petroleum to begin with.

And it's thanks partly to Biden. His bad policies along with low rates in 2021 jacked up home prices. Prices peaked in Dec 2022 and declined in 2023 because home sales slowed with 8% mortgages. Yet property taxes still increased despite declining home values (your recent tax bill is based on 2023 assessment as you probably know).

Now because of Biden's border policy, there will be potentially 5M new renters in the next few years who will then become home buyers. And this is happening when the US is about 5M homes short.

Bidenomics!!!

Yet property taxes still increased despite declining home values (your recent tax bill is based on 2023 assessment as you probably know).

Home values aren't declining. They're just not rising as fast as they were.

What you get your feelings hurt! Adult talk? That went out the window with Biden. You a Biden voter? If so, you are without excuse. So either come back with a worthy reply OR tell us you are a Biden voter. As far as gas goes I'm sick and tired of paying Bidens gas prices and every other thing he has dumped on us, utilities, groceries, property tax and every GD time I pay a bill. Jeeeesus you guys defending this idiocy are truly without excuse! Screw this nightmare, and yes every dem brought this on us. Change yourself jerky licker, or continue the insanity its on you.
Sounds like you need to upskill or get a better job if things are so tight.

While I see prices going up, I live well below my means so still able to save thousands each month. 401k for me and 403b for wife both near all time highs. Things are pretty solid with plenty of jobs to be had. Hope things improve for you.

Car calls for premium. BP. $4.69. That’s what gas costs under joe Biden. That’s fact.
Where are you buying your gas? If your car calls for premium and you cant afford it, you may need to think about a car that takes regular unleaded.

I have a conservative buddy who constantly bitches about his property taxes on his lake house. I tell him "if you can't afford the property taxes, you can't afford the lake house,"

Might have gain way down the road but I don’t see how that doesn’t just add to the already exorbitant costs/inflation. Seems like terrible timing. I also wonder if he understands just how much business is done overseas. Companies that are as American as apple pie are in Thailand and all over Asia for production. Mlb manufacturers in Thailand.
We are going to have to incur some short term “pain”. We have to start an industry correction. Covid changed my opinion

Reactions: DANC and mcmurtry66
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT