ADVERTISEMENT

$4.69 A GALLON!!!! WTF!!!!!

Top five beers and coffee are too variable. I live by the Warsteiner motto “life is too short to drink cheap beer”

IPA guy. I’m just happy that Zombie Dust is now both plentiful and cheap enough to be a house beer. I’m not a big fan of African coffees (which could be a problem for me). Love Central American and Indonesian.
I drink K-Cups and need to upgrade. I’m looking forward to being an old man and drinking coffee all day. Zombie Dust is real good, but I prefer Gumballhead. Big Woods has a Pineapple IPA that’s solid.

I just read it and will stick with my Octane is Octane comment. That's the difference between regular and premium and the (only) reason for buying one vs. the other. If the manual says premium, buy premium.
It's all octane. Anything else is just marketing.

Reactions: hookyIU1990
I agree that there is tension between the environmentalist pursuit of lower emissions, the manufacturer methodology for meeting those standards, and costs. Part of lowering emission standards is naturally going to be burning cleaner fuel.

That said, it takes Daniel Day Lewis level acting to shed tears for mcm on this note. I've always been of the mindset that you don't buy a lambo if you can't afford to pay what it costs to own a lambo, but then I didn't get too upset when Diddy couldn't afford his private jet either (and now that has taken on a whole new dimension).
I don’t fully disagree - but my point is that your side has their head in the sand thinking only “rich” people are affected. Turbochargers are going to be the norm in a few years and they all need premium octane. And that’s because of the MPG standards.

Today, yes you have a point. Tomorrow you won’t. Do you think prices come down tomorrow?

I drink K-Cups and need to upgrade. I’m looking forward to being an old man and drinking coffee all day. Zombie Dust is real good, but I prefer Gumballhead. Big Woods has a Pineapple IPA that’s solid.
I can’t get with the hazy IPAs.

Get off k cups and learn how to make a decent pour over. I have a kettle to boil water which takes like 30 seconds and I grind my own beans, etc. excellent cup of joe in like under five mins.

It's really good as long as you don't peg it as bbq.

I had a friend whose girlfriend would tell him that she was making lasagna for dinner and then he'd get a raw vegan "lasagna" made with zucchini, sundried tomatoes, and cashew cheese. He said that it would have been fine if she said she was making a salad, but was a huge letdown when billed as lasagna.

Okay, I know I lost you somewhere around "raw vegan" and "cashew cheese". 🤣
Carolina pulled pork is the best pulled pork in the Game. But all the rest of their BBQ stinks. Texas uber alles for non-pulled pork.

Reactions: PhyloeBedoe
Multiple choice:
a) Need to meet up with DANC about the Kamala Harris fundraiser we're organizing
b) I'm bringing California communism to the Carolina
c) It's cheaper than DoorDashing some good Carolina BBQ
d) We're filming a project there
Oooo!!! Oooo!!! Need a talent scout? I'm available to interview any prospective female participants.

• Haha
Reactions: mcmurtry66
Nc is awesome. Amazing colleges. Pro teams. You’re under 3 hours to blue ridge, Asheville, and the beach
Too many New Yorkers in Charlotte.

Don't get me wrong - the natural resources are unmatched, except for California. But culturally, fuhgedaboutit.

1 shitty NBA team. One shitier NFL team. And no MLB team. And I'm an IU fan.

Too many New Yorkers in Charlotte.

Don't get me wrong - the natural resources are unmatched, except for California. But culturally, fuhgedaboutit.
Yeah I experienced that heavily. I kind of got to like them

Reactions: DANC
Carolina pulled pork is the best pulled pork in the Game. But all the rest of their BBQ stinks. Texas uber alles for non-pulled pork.
I Kinda agree about NC pulled pork, not the best but they do a good job. b+
Across the board BBQ, texas... no doubt.
Mesquite cooked steaks, pork and chicken... Southwest Arizona, hands down, no question. Little Abner's in Tucson... OMG.

We’ll be doing whole hog underground in auburn at the annual
We've never done it that way. We have a big homebrewed smoker on wheels that makes the rounds. The world of BBQ can be fascinating if you're into that kind of thing.

We've never done it that way. We have a big homebrewed smoker on wheels that makes the rounds. The world of BBQ can be fascinating if you're into that kind of thing.

I’m very much into it.bbq pitmasters is on my rotation. Bring that with you to auburn.

Johnny triggers from smokin triggers bbq. That old salt lick mr Myron mixon

We’ll be doing whole hog underground in auburn at the annual
Um, I have whole hog smokers. But they are above ground, on wheels so you can pull them. Kilroys in B'town has a few that I built for their catering. and Jacks BBQ on 17th street. In ground is a bitch, and I'm not sure ya'll will get dirt under your nails and I simply effing wont. Since I have easier ways to cook it.

Um, I have whole hog smokers. But they are above ground, on wheels so you can pull them. Kilroys in B'town has a few that I built for their catering. and Jacks BBQ on 17th street. In ground is a bitch, and I'm not sure ya'll will get dirt under your nails and I simply effing wont. Since I have easier ways to cook it.
You and hooky can be in charge of bbq. Coordinate it together. Ranger and I will be in charge of weapons

National average today is $3.64. Still too high, but not the bullshit number you've floated. You're disingenuously referencing what you pay for premium.
Do you remember when premium was 20 to 30 cents higher than regular.?

Like most of the guys on your team, Joe doesn't know his ass from his elbow. I've told you before but I'll say it again. The collective IQ of your team probably hovers around 200, and it's only that high because you account for close to half of it.
Says the guy too dumb to understand that gas prices are relative & are waaaaay up as a percentage whatever the octane rating may be. Or maybe just disingenuous…

Multiple choice:
a) Need to meet up with DANC about the Kamala Harris fundraiser we're organizing
b) I'm bringing California communism to the Carolina
c) It's cheaper than DoorDashing some good Carolina BBQ
d) We're filming a project there
DANC has been a double agent all this time!!!!

Coach, we need to devise some fiendish methods of torture for when we get our hands on him.

• Haha
Reactions: mcmurtry66
Yep but you knew that would eventually change because diesel has quite a bit more BTUs than gasoline does.
NO........ That has nothing to do with it. I'm afraid.

The $75,000 truck market took over is what caused the natural market to price correct. Just like there is no discount airplane gas stations.. OHHH you fly a $300,000 airplane... you aint broke. Here's your gas price.

I guess I can agree with you a little. Your stance is, if your car manufacturer requires premium, you know better then they do because... Edmunds says so.

It's exactly like your wife. She knows what she want's to be sleeping with, but she agreed to settle for the cheap stuff. Makes perfect sense now.
First, that’s not my stance. I’ve said if your manufacturer requires it use premium.

Second, your grammar sucks. Like, ‘dumb-as-a-rock and stupid’ sucks.

Third - I’ve often found that someone who tries to insult another person’s significant other behind the safety of a keyboard often has a resentful, sexually frustrating relationship with their significant other - or their hand.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT