ADVERTISEMENT

$4.69 A GALLON!!!! WTF!!!!!

Joe Biden. Out.
He takes away crab legs, string cheese, Irish Lion, and now gas. Thanks Joe Biden. The rumor is it now costs 5 bucks to sit on pervert row at Night Moves. A simple man can’t even get baby powder and sparkles on their nose for a buck anymore. Thanks Joe.

Shaking Head Reaction GIF by GIPHY News

He takes away crab legs, string cheese, Irish Lion, and now gas. Thanks Joe Biden. The rumor is it now costs 5 bucks to sit on pervert row at Night Moves. A simple man can’t even get baby powder and sparkles on their nose for a buck anymore. Thanks Joe.

Shaking Head Reaction GIF by GIPHY News
We can’t even agree on premium or regular gas. How the hell were we going to run a restaurant

Take it up with the manufacturers. They're the ones that either require or just recommend premium.

"Please see the chart below for the recommended minimum octane rating for your vehicle. We suggest to use the minimum octane rating or higher. Use of unleaded gasoline with an octane rating lower than what is listed for your model year vehicle could potentially result in engine knocking. If the octane rating used is less than required, damage to the engine may occur and which could void the vehicle warranty.
For older models, please consult your Owner's Manual under the Vehicle Specifications section for more information on fuel requirements and recommendations. "

That's their emphasis with bold, not mine. They have models that require 91 octane as a minimum.
OK. That's great. Fill up on premium as it says you need it in what you posted. If I'm wrong about that - OK. If the economy is pricing you out of voluntarily driving a high end Lexus that requires premium gas, then I don't know what to tell you, Murt or BadWakeBoarder.

OK. That's great. Fill up on premium as it says you need it in what you posted. If I'm wrong about that - OK. If the economy is pricing you out of voluntarily driving a high end Lexus that requires premium gas, then I don't know what to tell you, Murt or BadWakeBoarder.
The economy isn’t. That’s excuse making again. Progressive policies. Do. Not. Work. Attacks on energy. Attacks on cops. Free everything. Has consequences.

Last edited:
The economy isn’t. That’s excuse making again. Progressive policies. Do. No. Work. Attacks on energy. Attacks on cops. Free everything. Has consequences.
OK - swap out 'economy' for 'progressive policies' in my post. My point still stands.

Multiple choice:
a) Need to meet up with DANC about the Kamala Harris fundraiser we're organizing
b) I'm bringing California communism to the Carolina
c) It's cheaper than DoorDashing some good Carolina BBQ
d) We're filming a project there
C it is. I knew it.

• Love
Reactions: hoosboot
I'm not being an ass. I posted those links because I don't know much about about cars. I also shared my own personal experience.
If you don’t know why are you posting? Did you read my link or am I just one of the dumb shit conservatives that needs saving?

27% of new cars require premium. 50% recommend it. The 27% is up logarithmically in the past decade and will continue to grow.

You’re wrong on this unless your point is “some people are using premium when they don’t need to!” and if that’s your point then well Jesus who the hell is disagreeing with that?

Last edited:
Read the Edmunds article I linked above. It's better to read that than have me try and regurgitate it.

It talks about how premium used to have more detergents and additives in it, but that's not so much the case now. It also talks about the octane issue and how modern engines deal with it.
I guess I can agree with you a little. Your stance is, if your car manufacturer requires premium, you know better then they do because... Edmunds says so.

It's exactly like your wife. She knows what she want's to be sleeping with, but she agreed to settle for the cheap stuff. Makes perfect sense now.

• Haha
Reactions: DANC
I guess I can agree with you a little. Your stance is, if your car manufacturer requires premium, you know better then they do because... Edmunds says so.

It's exactly like your wife. She knows what she want's to be sleeping with, but she agreed to settle for the cheap stuff. Makes perfect sense now.
You don’t need the second paragraph.

ou see, this is what liberals do. You think we conservatives are stupid
No, that's not true. We only think the stupid ones are stupid. Especially the slack jawed variety with red hats and a complete disregard for hygiene... If you are knowledgeable, sane, and respect hygiene... it's all good.

No, that's not true. We only think the stupid ones are stupid. Especially the slack jawed variety with red hats and a complete disregard for hygiene... If you are knowledgeable, sane, and respect hygiene... it's all good.
While I am all three I refuse to conform to your made up rules.

**** you I won’t do what you tell me.

Reactions: T.M.P.
Not a fan of that vinegar bbq
It's really good as long as you don't peg it as bbq.

I had a friend whose girlfriend would tell him that she was making lasagna for dinner and then he'd get a raw vegan "lasagna" made with zucchini, sundried tomatoes, and cashew cheese. He said that it would have been fine if she said she was making a salad, but was a huge letdown when billed as lasagna.

Okay, I know I lost you somewhere around "raw vegan" and "cashew cheese". 🤣

I just read it and will stick with my Octane is Octane comment. That's the difference between regular and premium and the (only) reason for buying one vs. the other. If the manual says premium, buy premium.

shrug. Take it up with Edmunds and AAA.

I buy premium and only from oil companies eg. Marathon, BP, Shell because they meet Top Tier standards for detergent additives.

I’m also a beer and coffee snob. So, there’s that.

However I’m probably getting premium for no real reason as I’m sure the factory tune is for 87-89 octane.

If you don’t know why are you posting? Did you read my link or am I just one of the dumb shit conservatives that needs saving?

27% of new cars require premium. 50% recommend it. The 27% is up logarithmically in the past decade and will continue to grow.

You’re wrong on this unless your point is “some people are using premium when they don’t need to!” and if that’s your point then well Jesus who the hell is disagreeing with that?
I agree that there is tension between the environmentalist pursuit of lower emissions, the manufacturer methodology for meeting those standards, and costs. Part of lowering emission standards is naturally going to be burning cleaner fuel.

That said, it takes Daniel Day Lewis level acting to shed tears for mcm on this note. I've always been of the mindset that you don't buy a lambo if you can't afford to pay what it costs to own a lambo, but then I didn't get too upset when Diddy couldn't afford his private jet either (and now that has taken on a whole new dimension).

I agree that there is tension between the environmentalist pursuit of lower emissions, the manufacturer methodology for meeting those standards, and costs. Part of lowering emission standards is naturally going to be burning cleaner fuel.

That said, it takes Daniel Day Lewis level acting to shed tears for mcm on this note. I've always been of the mindset that you don't buy a lambo if you can't afford to pay what it costs to own a lambo, but then I didn't get too upset when Diddy couldn't afford his private jet either (and now that has taken on a whole new dimension).
That’s the liberal excuse making for stupid policies. Per usual. Blame the consumer. Dumb. Has zero to do with what people can afford.

• Haha
Reactions: DANC and IU_Hickory
I buy premium and only from oil companies eg. Marathon, BP, Shell because they meet Top Tier standards for detergent additives.

I’m also a beer and coffee snob. So, there’s that.

However I’m probably getting premium for no real reason as I’m sure the factory tune is for 87-89 octane.
What’s your top 5 beers? Top coffees?

That’s the liberal excuse making for stupid policies. Per usual. Blame the consumer. Dumb. Has zero to do with what people can afford.

Sorry dude, but it's really hard to take someone seriously who owns a late model German luxury/performance car who constantly bitches about the price of gas. Buy a fvcking Civic.

Reactions: bawlmer
Sorry dude, but it's really hard to take someone seriously who owns a late model German luxury/performance car who constantly bitches about the price of gas. Buy a fvcking Civic.
gas. Groceries. Houses. It’s immaterial. The point is that gov intervention artificially F’d with the market. Bad policies. Nothing organic. Joe Biden. The joe Biden tax

Why blame consumers for the faults of your politicians?

Get a Lexus. Lower maintenance costs and greater reliability. No contest. My bride has an Audi a4, which she loves. I loathe it.
In Charlotte, a Lexus is like driving a Chevy in Indiana - everyone has one. I test-drove one and was not impressed, but to each his own.

Audi's are strictly for status - not worth the money.

If anyone is looking for an upscale used car, southwest Florida is the place to look. Great prices on low mileage cars - heir selling their relatives cars and just want to get rid of them fast. Priced to sell.

Reactions: Joe_Hoopsier
I can hear you in 2028. Well people shouldn’t have civics. They should get horses. Now. Back to the topic. Stormy Daniels payment.

What’s your top 5 beers? Top coffees?
Top five beers and coffee are too variable. I live by the Warsteiner motto “life is too short to drink cheap beer”

IPA guy. I’m just happy that Zombie Dust is now both plentiful and cheap enough to be a house beer. I’m not a big fan of African coffees (which could be a problem for me). Love Central American and Indonesian.

In Charlotte, a Lexus is like driving a Chevy in Indiana - everyone has one. I test-drove one and was not impressed, but to each his own.

Audi's are strictly for status - not worth the money.

If anyone is looking for an upscale used car, southwest Florida is the place to look. Great prices on low mileage cars - heir selling their relatives cars and just want to get rid of them fast. Priced to sell.
Actually broward Dade palm is even better. Insane deals. Even at the bigger dealerships like braman you can beat them up

Top five beers and coffee are too variable. I live by the Warsteiner motto “life is too short to drink cheap beer”

IPA guy. I’m just happy that Zombie Dust is now both plentiful and cheap enough to be a house beer. I’m not a big fan of African coffees (which could be a problem for me). Love Central American and Indonesian.
You know how I know you're a snob?

• Haha
Reactions: larsIU
My wife booked an American flight from Ft Wayne to LAX in September for the UCLA game $234. Round trip.

No joke (in my best Joe Biden)
SEPTEMBER!!!!

Ok, I usually book 2 days in advance, only because my boss tells me I need to travel more...
Hell, I can't fly my own plane from Bloomington To mobile for less than $400 of gas.

Reactions: DANC and mcmurtry66

I'm on a two hearted kick.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT