ADVERTISEMENT

$4.69 A GALLON!!!! WTF!!!!!

I just went to Google Flights and searched IND --> LAX. $443 roundtrip nonstop on American on 5/29. $155 roundtrip on Frontier same day (admittedly with a LONG layover in Denver). For all the bargain hunters out there.
Ok I found one.... 8 hr 20 min layover... That is a lot of drinking and water cooler posting right there.

Reactions: TMFT
$5.65 to $6.19 in Monterey, CA today.
Views in Monterey are slightly better than MO...if we're being honest

The-Lone-Cypress-seen-from-17-Mile-Drive-in-Pebble-Beach-California-1.jpg

oh and bowl. never call yourself brighter than joe. joe is quirky, entertaining, clever, and posts interesting things to read. all evince intellect. you can't get crime data right. can't construe what you read as evidenced by bloodbath. your religion post mark called out with vpm was the height of idiocy and hypocrisy. beg brad to dumb shit down.
you lack the intellect to post with wit like joe. and in this very thread don't understand that i'm sharing a consumer price with you. again, don't overestimate yourself. you aren't very bright. in truth i've yet to see a single redeeming thing about you on this board.
It's the msm furry food man. Its very addicting and many right here on this forum can't get off of it. They cannot get off the sh!t no matter how many times sh!t gets proven wrong. I respect the people here who stand at the door and watch, but don't get sucked in. Cheers

Reactions: DANC
My car doesn’t, though it does say in the manual that it could help with performance. And yours probably doesn’t actually need it either. Even the Subaru guy who did my oil change a little while back said I should be fine.

With Kroger points I filled up earlier this week at around $3.20/gallon.
i don't know if that's true. i've been told if they say premium use premium. impacts performance etc. i have no idea. same for oil changes. don't go to jiffy lube. use car specific

i don't know if that's true. i've been told if they say premium use premium. impacts performance etc. i have no idea. same for oil changes. don't go to jiffy lube. use car specific
Between my wife, my son and I we have 2 SUVs, 1 4X4 truck and a camper van. My wife and son do our oil changes at home using quality synthetic oil that we buy by the case at Costco, especially when it is on a "sale". We change the oil and the filters every 5,000 and keep logs for all 4 vehicles.

Between my wife, my son and I we have 2 SUVs, 1 4X4 truck and a camper van. My wife and son do our oil changes at home using quality synthetic oil that we buy by the case at Costco, especially when it is on a "sale". We change the oil and the filters every 5,000 and keep logs for all 4 vehicles.

Checks in the mail
I won't go in your mouth
you should be fine
You probably won't get pregnant
Pay THEIR fare share..

I love all of these.

OH, "that probably won't hurt very much".
Who is telling you all that stuff? Who hurt you?

Last edited:
It is true.

The difference between premium and regular is minimal these days, thanks to stricter emissions standards.

It is true.

The difference between premium and regular is minimal these days, thanks to stricter emissions standards.
I'm confused/ How is the difference any different than it used to be? Octane is octane and one has more than the other.

If your manual says use premium, then use premium. If it doesn't say use premium, then use regualr. It's usually a function of an engine having high compression and/or being turbocharged.

Who's forcing you to drive a luxury car? Or to buy coffee at Starbucks? And Lululemon outfits?

Don't you understand that these "poor man" arguments from you are absurd? Or is that the intent?
More and more vehicles will start requiring premium gas thanks to virtue signaling MPG requirements set by the helpful progressives.

Do you understand how this works? Your high horse is becoming increasingly unsteady.

I'm confused/ How is the difference any different than it used to be? Octane is octane and one has more than the other.

If your manual says use premium, then use premium. If it doesn't say use premium, then use regualr. It's usually a function of an engine having high compression and/or being turbocharged.
Read the Edmunds article I linked above. It's better to read that than have me try and regurgitate it.

It talks about how premium used to have more detergents and additives in it, but that's not so much the case now. It also talks about the octane issue and how modern engines deal with it.

• Haha
Reactions: DANC

yeah i'm sticking with the manual

Yes and per the article I linked above, manufacturers are getting towards the MPG requirements by installing turbochargers into their vehicles. Most turbos require premium.

What chaps my ass is my cars require 91 but I have to pay for 93 as that’s all that’s around.

Read just a few posts above this one.
Anybody who buys premium to extend their MPG is an idiot. The problem is that engines are being built more and more (not just luxury cars) requiring premium so they can inch towards meeting CAFE and MPG requirements.

I cannot run 87 through my cars without damaging them. I need 91 but end up having to pay for 93.

U.S. Drivers waste $2.1 billion annually on premium gasoline.

What kind of car do you drive? If your manual just says it'll run better on premium or that it's recommended, you're wasting your money.
You see, this is what liberals do. You think we conservatives are stupid - so you assume McMurtry’s car doesn’t really need it.

In reality, it almost assuredly requires it. And it needs it because of polices you support for which you never understood the 2nd and 3rd-order effects would create.

“Back in 2000 turbochargers were only found in cars and accounted for roughly 1% of the cars produced. By 2019, more than one-third of all cars, SUVs and pickups were equipped with a turbocharger, according to the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency (EPA). Those turbocharged engines are more likely to require high-octane gas than a non-turbo engine.”

Read the Edmunds article I linked above. It's better to read that than have me try and regurgitate it.

It talks about how premium used to have more detergents and additives in it, but that's not so much the case now. It also talks about the octane issue and how modern engines deal with it.
I just read it and will stick with my Octane is Octane comment. That's the difference between regular and premium and the (only) reason for buying one vs. the other. If the manual says premium, buy premium.

Reactions: DANC and mcmurtry66
I just read it and will stick with my Octane is Octane comment. That's the difference between regular and premium and the (only) reason for buying one vs. the other. If the manual says premium, buy premium.
shrug. Take it up with Edmunds and AAA.

You see, this is what liberals do. You think we conservatives are stupid - so you assume McMurtry’s car doesn’t really need it.

In reality, it almost assuredly requires it. And it needs it because of polices you support for which you never understood the 2nd and 3rd-order effects would create.

“Back in 2000 turbochargers were only found in cars and accounted for roughly 1% of the cars produced. By 2019, more than one-third of all cars, SUVs and pickups were equipped with a turbocharger, according to the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency (EPA). Those turbocharged engines are more likely to require high-octane gas than a non-turbo engine.”
You should write a letter to the editors of Edmunds and the AAA newsletter about this.

Wife's car is certainly NOT a luxury car, it's actually a 4 door economy car...a Fiat (Italian for Fix it again Tony). Turbocharged 4 cylinder which calls for both high octane fuel and full synthetic oil. Believe me, this car is an asshole on it's best days when it gets the good stuff, I don't want to think about it's disposition if I gave it the cheap stuff. And that is 25% more for fuel and 100% more for an oil change as compared to my vehicle.

Wife's car is certainly NOT a luxury car, it's actually a 4 door economy car...a Fiat (Italian for Fix it again Tony). Turbocharged 4 cylinder which calls for both high octane fuel and full synthetic oil. Believe me, this car is an asshole on it's best days when it gets the good stuff, I don't want to think about its disposition if I gave it the cheap stuff. And that is 25% more for fuel and 100% more for an oil change as compared to my vehicle.
I loved the old spiders

Reactions: All4You
shrug. Take it up with Edmunds and AAA.
Take it up with the manufacturers. They're the ones that either require or just recommend premium.

"Please see the chart below for the recommended minimum octane rating for your vehicle. We suggest to use the minimum octane rating or higher. Use of unleaded gasoline with an octane rating lower than what is listed for your model year vehicle could potentially result in engine knocking. If the octane rating used is less than required, damage to the engine may occur and which could void the vehicle warranty.
For older models, please consult your Owner's Manual under the Vehicle Specifications section for more information on fuel requirements and recommendations. "

That's their emphasis with bold, not mine. They have models that require 91 octane as a minimum.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT