ADVERTISEMENT

Zombie Flights and PPP$

toastedbread

Hall of Famer
Oct 25, 2006
I'm opposed to all bailouts, but what's the point of a bailout if you are requiring the airlines to resume zombie flights within 7 days. What kind of idiots would make such a requirement. That's literally burning cash.

http://enewspaper.sun-sentinel.com/...spx?guid=9c6a588d-9edd-4539-b192-5d5324c898fc

And for the PPP $, isn't it better to just give money directly to the employees, rather than have a business reopen with no customers and continue to needlessly burn $? None of this makes sense.

I'm opposed to all bailouts, but what's the point of a bailout if you are requiring the airlines to resume zombie flights within 7 days. What kind of idiots would make such a requirement. That's literally burning cash.

http://enewspaper.sun-sentinel.com/...spx?guid=9c6a588d-9edd-4539-b192-5d5324c898fc

And for the PPP $, isn't it better to just give money directly to the employees, rather than have a business reopen with no customers and continue to needlessly burn $? None of this makes sense.
If you question any of this you must be a selfish moron.

Reactions: Lucy01

There definitely is a school of thought that all/most of the aid should be more of a UBI (universal basic income) than direct-to-business aid. I honestly don't know what is better, but UBI "feels' like the better path.

I didn't see anything in your link about zombie flights though.

There definitely is a school of thought that all/most of the aid should be more of a UBI (universal basic income) than direct-to-business aid. I honestly don't know what is better, but UBI "feels' like the better path.

I didn't see anything in your link about zombie flights though.

"The airline, which suspended service to airports in New York, New Jersey and Connecticut last month because of government travel advisories, must resume flights there within seven days of receiving the financial aid, according to a published agency decision. The DOT did grant a request to stop flights into Aguadilla, Puerto Rico."

How many passengers are on these flights? It states earlier in the article that traffic has dived 97%. Seems like a bad idea to run these money losing flights. Just pay the attendants and pilots to sit at home.

If you question any of this you must be a selfish moron.

Were you a pro-bailout conservative in 08?

I'm surprised conservatives aren't concerned that we are on the route of Venezuela with the trillions being printed. Do conservatives even exist anymore?

"The airline, which suspended service to airports in New York, New Jersey and Connecticut last month because of government travel advisories, must resume flights there within seven days of receiving the financial aid, according to a published agency decision. The DOT did grant a request to stop flights into Aguadilla, Puerto Rico."

How many passengers are on these flights? It states earlier in the article that traffic has dived 97%. Seems like a bad idea to run these money losing flights. Just pay the attendants and pilots to sit at home.

oops. my bad. Thanks.

Were you a pro-bailout conservative in 08?

I'm surprised conservatives aren't concerned that we are on the route of Venezuela with the trillions being printed. Do conservatives even exist anymore?
I was being sarcastic. Sorry I should have included and emoji. A lot about this situation is questionable.

Business owners still have property taxes, lease payments on equipment, insurance, property maintenance, electric, gas, and more. How are they supposed to pay for that?

Basically the UK government's decision to cover wages for employers is going to allow small/medium businesses to continue for the most part when the lock down ends.

That won't be the case in the US because some of those businesses won't be around by the time they receive any help from the government.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT