ADVERTISEMENT

Zach Edey

Status
Not open for further replies.
Probably right and not to be morbid but he looks like one of those really big people not destined for retirement age so might want to get moving on with life. Then again he may enjoy college life and playing 35 games vs 82+ and stay another year.
you're confusing him with Andre the Giant

Ouch. CAM just imploded. If he can’t make that work, he is done. Of course, he has earned many millions on his road to extreme failure.
He’s one of those guys who are poor at their job, yet have managed to be paid as if they were good. Kind of like NFL or NBA coaches who’ve never won, yet continually get rehired as head coaches. He owes Fred Glass a huge thanks for making this all possible.

Reactions: birdforbogey
He’s one of those guys who are poor at their job, yet have managed to be paid as if they were good. Kind of like NFL or NBA coaches who’ve never won, yet continually get rehired as head coaches. He owes Fred Glass a huge thanks for making this all possible.
Well, you can't really diminish what he accomplished at Dayton. He built a "program" there and had multiple years of success. But, it does call in to question "chasing" that bigger paycheck. I go back to what Bob McKillop accomplished at Davidson. Sustained success and he built a great life and became part of the community. I guess I'm enough of a homebody where that seems preferable to chasing the dream all over the country and maybe winding up in places you don't want to be. I remember Matt Doherty went to App St and had success, then I forget where all, but maybe Tulsa, UT, ND?, UNC, SMU, FL Atl... So, he hit the pinnacle, but now has been out of coaching for many years while Bob McKillop stayed steady at Davidson and I'm sure has out-earned him in doing so. Wonder how AM would have done if he'd stayed at Dayton? You know he wasn't enjoying much of his time in Btown and doesn't sound like RI is very rosy at the moment either!

Well, you can't really diminish what he accomplished at Dayton. He built a "program" there and had multiple years of success. But, it does call in to question "chasing" that bigger paycheck. I go back to what Bob McKillop accomplished at Davidson. Sustained success and he built a great life and became part of the community. I guess I'm enough of a homebody where that seems preferable to chasing the dream all over the country and maybe winding up in places you don't want to be. I remember Matt Doherty went to App St and had success, then I forget where all, but maybe Tulsa, UT, ND?, UNC, SMU, FL Atl... So, he hit the pinnacle, but now has been out of coaching for many years while Bob McKillop stayed steady at Davidson and I'm sure has out-earned him in doing so. Wonder how AM would have done if he'd stayed at Dayton? You know he wasn't enjoying much of his time in Btown and doesn't sound like RI is very rosy at the moment either!
at least there are probably only a couple dozen people at RI who truly care.

If Edey is good enough to go pro, he will. If the alleged "national player of the year" can't get drafted, then that would be super pathetic and there are about 60 other players that are more worthy of the title.
Lmfao. Can you imagine how cucked teams must feel when he doms their best player? Sad!

• Haha
Reactions: kkott
On3 has Zach Edey’s NIL valuation at $827,000. He reportedly made around 800k last year. The No. 30 overall pick in the 2023 draft is set to earn just under $2 million as a rookie.
Yep. Money isn't the reason he'd come back. If it's about the money, it's unlikely he'll ever have a better chance to cash in on the NBA level.

Yep. Money isn't the reason he'd come back. If it's about the money, it's unlikely he'll ever have a better chance to cash in on the NBA level.
That is unless he thinks he would improve enough with another year under his belt, it certainly helped TJD to come back for another year.

I don’t there is a “wrong” choice. He would have a great season in college. However, he’d have to go to classes, study, etc…instead of focusing just on his game. He’ll make good money either way - maybe drafted late, and maybe bench at most in NBA, but he does have good skills that will pay well someplace. Importantly, being Canadian, he doesn’t count as an American (US) player whose roster spots are limited in many countries, so he’d be a hot commodity in many international leagues.

That is unless he thinks he would improve enough with another year under his belt, it certainly helped TJD to come back for another year.
He improved, but he improved the skills that are useless to him in the NBA. He’s not going to redefine the NBA center position with his above average handles and below average range.

GTFO with that weak sauce
Exactly. What we know. Nothing. Except IU can pay and attract 5* talent. What can Purdue get? Remains to be seen. They will likely keep the guys they have but let’s see what they do in 25 etc. I don’t care what anyone says that deal with Catchings is shaky. Something went down and probably isn’t over.

Exactly. What we know. Nothing. Except IU can pay and attract 5* talent. What can Purdue get? Remains to be seen. They will likely keep the guys they have but let’s see what they do in 25 etc. I don’t care what anyone says that deal with Catchings is shaky. Something went down and probably isn’t over.
Tricky for PU, and their NIL organizations, I'd guess. If they do figure out "7 figures" for Edey. What can/will they do for Smith, Loyer, Furst, TKR, Colvin, Katchings, etc... Lots of people watching what they're able to do, and what they choose to do, I'm sure.

Tricky for PU, and their NIL organizations, I'd guess. If they do figure out "7 figures" for Edey. What can/will they do for Smith, Loyer, Furst, TKR, Colvin, Katchings, etc... Lots of people watching what they're able to do, and what they choose to do, I'm sure.
Maybe they can get some free Cadbury eggs from the clearance aisle at Wal Mart??

Doubt they are going to dump 90% of their NIL funds for all sports onto one guy.

well, if Edey stays in the draft, they'll at least have a lot more $$ to potentially spread to those guys. But, what Edey gets has little bearing on them. He changes their fortunes more for next year than almost all those guys combined.

Rumor was that he was trying to secure a multi-year guarantee. Not sure how that would have even been possible.

Whelp,…Chalk-up atleast 2 more W’s for us next year since he’s coming back!

Sasquatch shoulda just went to the NbaDL or back to Canada or China or wherever the hell he’s from! Gonna laugh when Puke make another early season exit.

• Wow
Reactions: Crayfish57
Whelp,…Chalk-up atleast 2 more W’s for us next year since he’s coming back!

Sasquatch shoulda just went to the NbaDL or back to Canada or China or wherever the hell he’s from! Gonna laugh when Puke make another early season exit.
I think that was more on the coach than on Edey. Edey had some pretty good lines when he played IU. JHS was the difference in both games.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT