ADVERTISEMENT

Zach Edey

Status
Not open for further replies.
Last edited:
#1 contender to get an embarrassing ass whipping by a mid-major on a national stage. I'm sure PU will try to drag the conference back to the 1960's with them. Maybe this year will be the year that the Big Ten joins the rest of the basketball world.
I think USC and UCLA will get that done … they will punish ‘playground thuggery’ … and those that can’t beat ‘em will join ‘em.

They won't play all the bottom feeders twice this year, so they better improve.
They won BT by 3 games! And then all those teams showed up in the BTT to show how Purdue had such a easy schedule, and hells bells Purdue won that also! How does that happen?

#1 contender to get an embarrassing ass whipping by a mid-major on a national stage. I'm sure PU will try to drag the conference back to the 1960's with them. Maybe this year will be the year that the Big Ten joins the rest of the basketball world.

Which means Edey is over-rated.
He is gigantic
Which is a big advantage in college against younger, smaller players.
Edey found out that his game does not translate to the NBA per the NBA scouts, so he is back for pu NIL until he is ineligible and is forced to move on.
Wouldn't you?

I am for IU against PU 100% but I have no ill will against Edey. He is a good college player, he isn't dirty or gets in trouble .

I remember in 1987 we had a certain guy that was a tremendous college player that didn't translate to the pros. Can you imagine the NIL money Alford could have made in Bloomington? Actually doing something for it like ads and promotions?

Reactions: Bill4411 and kkott
They won BT by 3 games! And then all those teams showed up in the BTT to show how Purdue had such a easy schedule, and hells bells Purdue won that also! How does that happen?
No one will remember Purdue winning the conference last year. No one really cares. No one will remember Purdue winning the BTT either.... but .... everyone will remember a #1 seed Purdue losing to a 17 seed low major and laugh thier asses off. You guys are a historical embarrassment.

You do realize in their last 12 games last year Purdue was 7-5. The overall record from last year may be skewed since it took 3 months for teams to realize how to beat them. If they go into this year with same game plan is 7-5 the norm now?

Reactions: kkott
It will be ugly. X is going to make them suffer. Lots of teams will deny Smith early and often. Loyer is no point guard.
They're going to have to work, very hard, on getting the ball up earlier, and getting in to their sets. As you, and others have pointed out, bodying Smith early WILL happen a lot. And if Painter doesn't change, his bag of plays that he uses to get Edey post touches, will be far less effective.

Smith and Loyer, for most of this past season, benefitted greatly from teams focusing heavily on Edey early on in possessions. Smith had tons of room to prod and dribble attack. Loyer had tons of room to catch and shoot. Those things will not happen come B10 season.

Painter has shown an ability to adjust in his career. But that's rarely happened without dramatic roster changes.

Purdue is going to be good this year, there's no getting around that. But I think their offense might end up being LESS efficient. And they'll lose more games throughout the year as a result.

The question will be, will those losses help/cause them to improve and/or adjust so they can win a game or two in the NCAAs?

They're going to have to work, very hard, on getting the ball up earlier, and getting in to their sets. As you, and others have pointed out, bodying Smith early WILL happen a lot. And if Painter doesn't change, his bag of plays that he uses to get Edey post touches, will be far less effective.

Smith and Loyer, for most of this past season, benefitted greatly from teams focusing heavily on Edey early on in possessions. Smith had tons of room to prod and dribble attack. Loyer had tons of room to catch and shoot. Those things will not happen come B10 season.

Painter has shown an ability to adjust in his career. But that's rarely happened without dramatic roster changes.

Purdue is going to be good this year, there's no getting around that. But I think their offense might end up being LESS efficient. And they'll lose more games throughout the year as a result.

The question will be, will those losses help/cause them to improve and/or adjust so they can win a game or two in the NCAAs?
You can only adjust so much. They miss having a guy like Williams. Edey, loyer and Smith aren’t going to drastically change. Might get ugly pretty quick if any coach has seen the film.

You can only adjust so much. They miss having a guy like Williams. Edey, loyer and Smith aren’t going to drastically change. Might get ugly pretty quick if any coach has seen the film.
I kinda doubt it gets "ugly"...they'll still win a lot of games. But instead of winning 30 games, and being a 1 seed, like I'm sure they all expect. They'll go something like 23-9 in the regular season, and be a 3 ish type seed. And someone will seriously challenge them for the regular season B10 title. They'll be like 13-7 in the B10 or something like that.

Still really good. But they'll lose more games than they did last year. And everyone in West Laffy will be flabbergasted about it.

Reactions: kkott
I kinda doubt it gets "ugly"...they'll still win a lot of games. But instead of winning 30 games, and being a 1 seed, like I'm sure they all expect. They'll go something like 23-9 in the regular season, and be a 3 ish type seed. And someone will seriously challenge them for the regular season B10 title. They'll be like 13-7 in the B10 or something like that.

Still really good. But they'll lose more games than they did last year. And everyone in West Laffy will be flabbergasted about it.
They get Xavier right out of the gates in the Gavitt games. Not sure who is in the Maui tournament, but they'll get someone good there. I saw they announced Arizona game this season too. They could get embarrassed early by someone.

Reactions: Victorbmyboy
They get Xavier right out of the gates in the Gavitt games. Not sure who is in the Maui tournament, but they'll get someone good there. I saw they announced Arizona game this season too. They could get embarrassed early by someone.
Won’t be as smooth early for them. I’ll eat crow if they turn out better. I actually like Edey and the soon to be sophomores. They are nice feel good types but they will be facing grown a$$ men. Dog types.

Reactions: hookyIU1990
They could get embarassed by AZ fans outnumbering them in Indy.

• Love
Reactions: Sick burn
Welcome to my latest pu fan that took the time to create a new identity just to "support" my posts. Second one this week, sixth of the month and third in this thread. Ding

I guess when the mod will ban you if you post here...youdo this act

Welcome @Sick burn schtick evra-body

Maui is loaded will get at least 2 really good games. Purdue is going to get some great early test. Will be fun to watch.

Since NIL started IU is 3-1, including sweeping PU last year. You drunk valleyJ?
You lost your four best players and replaced them with kids that have no desire to be in college past 2024. You have no commitments for 2024 and one guy that should be a lay down (Trent Sisley) has issues with roster turnover.

As for the 3-1 record, you owe JHS 2 of those wins. I get Woody has chosen to live year to year and go after kids that he doesn't have to develop... just a tough way to have a program that can be successful on a consistent basis.

You lost your four best players and replaced them with kids that have no desire to be in college past 2024. You have no commitments for 2024 and one guy that should be a lay down (Trent Sisley) has issues with roster turnover.

As for the 3-1 record, you owe JHS 2 of those wins. I get Woody has chosen to live year to year and go after kids that he doesn't have to develop... just a tough way to have a program that can be successful on a consistent basis.
X would have been better than JHS last year. He is going to demolish the PU guards. Little bit higher competition than the knights. Maybe you can win a few games against Minny and Penn state this year. Hang a banner.

You have 1 guy signed in the class of '23, had to take a grad transfer from S Ill and still have an open spot, but you're over here talking shit about recruiting? That's the typical lack of self awareness shown by you clowns.

3-1
Helms was just a baker giving out awards after the fact

Won’t be as smooth early for them. I’ll eat crow if they turn out better. I actually like Edey and the soon to be sophomores. They are nice feel good types but they will be facing grown a$$ men. Dog types.
Since NIL started IU is 3-1, including sweeping PU last year. You drunk valleyJ?

Sorry friend, since NIL started IU is 44-26 overall and 21-19 in the Big Ten. Purdue is 58-14 and 29-11 in the Big Ten. That’s a fact!

• Haha
Reactions: Victorbmyboy

Woody was responsible for both of those wins. He out coached the shit out of PorkChop and did it short handed.

But you know this.

Sorry friend, since NIL started IU is 44-26 overall and 21-19 in the Big Ten. Purdue is 58-14 and 29-11 in the Big Ten. That’s a fact!
Also winless in the NCAA tournament after being beaten by a 15 and 16 seed, more facts.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT