ADVERTISEMENT

Zach Edey tonight

Edey fouled at once in 138 collegiate games (happened early his freshman year).

Fouls out with 9 minutes left in his first NBA game having played just 15 total minutes. Poetic

The foul merchant also went 1/6 from the FT line.
and no one agreed with me that B10 officials agreed on how they should officiate ZE. Really almost no other explanation when you look at how consistently his games were called and how he played.

and no one agreed with me that B10 officials agreed on how they should officiate ZE. Really almost no other explanation when you look at how consistently his games were called and how he played.
His lack of quickness and mobility stood out like a sore thumb. Wasn't featured at all offensively and his team played vastly better with him off the court than with him on. Teammate and two-way player Jay Huff was the superior player in all facets.

There are some PU grads currently pushing this narrative that the NBA refs should spend some time in training with the BIG refs to learn how to properly ref Edey. The BIG refs were able to learn to see how edey virtually never fouled while being beaten on every play.

• Haha
Reactions: kkott
There are some PU grads currently pushing this narrative that the NBA refs should spend some time in training with the BIG refs to learn how to properly ref Edey. The BIG refs were able to learn to see how edey virtually never fouled while being beaten on every play.
I give MP credit too, for lobbying the refs for not calling fouls on ZE. We used to have a coach who could work refs also. The idea that Zack Edey "didn't foul much" was one of the more amazing con jobs I've seen. Obviously NBA refs didn't get the memo! But then again charging, hacking, and backing down and knocking (smaller) defenders out of position aren't fouls in college... oh, wait, they are?

I give MP credit too, for lobbying the refs for not calling fouls on ZE. We used to have a coach who could work refs also. The idea that Zack Edey "didn't foul much" was one of the more amazing con jobs I've seen. Obviously NBA refs didn't get the memo! But then again charging, hacking, and backing down and knocking (smaller) defenders out of position aren't fouls in college... oh, wait, they are?
He is the NBA's problem now.

He fits the "lob guy" role. The NBA is all about how many 3s your team can shoot per game. That leads to defenses jumping out at shooters creating a rim run, which leads to help D and a lot of dunks for guys who's only job is diving to the basket. TJD does this for GS.

Edey fouled at once in 138 collegiate games (happened early his freshman year).

Fouls out with 9 minutes left in his first NBA game having played just 15 total minutes. Poetic

The foul merchant also went 1/6 from the FT line.
That happened with Caitlin Clark when she hit the pros too. Never got called for a foul in college, then suddenly was hit with them.

He fits the "lob guy" role. The NBA is all about how many 3s your team can shoot per game. That leads to defenses jumping out at shooters creating a rim run, which leads to help D and a lot of dunks for guys who's only job is diving to the basket. TJD does this for GS.
It's not guys jumping out at shooters that's creating a lob opportunity, it's the guy beating his defender penetrating into the defense causing a 2 on 1 situation with the post player and putting that player to a choice. Pay better attention ....

Reactions: hookyIU1990
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT