ADVERTISEMENT

Your thoughts on the final CFP rankings?

I think Michigan should have been number one and the two SEC a$$holes should run it back...but we knew that would never happen b/c they want to set up the possible narrative of an all SEC championship game. I hate ESPN.

Signed,
Grumpy Old Big Ten Man

Last edited:
Reactions: brianiu
Is UGA really that much more deserving than OSU? Both lost to one of the final four but OSU had an early season loss to a good Oregon team, which is the major difference. UGA's non-conference opponents were GA Tech, Charleston Southern and UAB - beat by a combined score of 157-14. One could argue the Committee is saying don't play a tough non-con schedule.

It’s ridiculous that GA and Bama aren’t playing a rematch in the semis.
The order they came up with is the most logical. I don't want to see an all SEC final but I expect to. They look like the best two teams. Maybe Michigan can beat Georgia.....more than a puncher's chance.....but Bama will walk away with the championship again. It's sickening, like it was with the Patriots and Brady in the NFL, but that's what's going to happen.

I think UM should have been bumped up to #1, given how they man handled their last two ranked opponents. Bama beat Georgia more easily than I thought, but if Auburn didn’t completely choke away the Iron Bowl, bama wouldn’t even be in the discussion. I too think it came down to how the committee wanted to set up the championship game, not really who deserved what ranking.

The order they came up with is the most logical. I don't want to see an all SEC final but I expect to. They look like the best two teams. Maybe Michigan can beat Georgia.....more than a puncher's chance.....but Bama will walk away with the championship again. It's sickening, like it was with the Patriots and Brady in the NFL, but that's what's going to happen.
It they're the “best two teams”, then why aren't they ranked #1 & 2? You’re ruining your own reply that the rankings are logical. They are deeply flawed. UM should be #1. BAMA & GA 2/3. Cincinnati 4. That would've been the most logical conclusion. Instead we have a made for TV SEC championship game looming,

It they're the “best two teams”, then why aren't they ranked #1 & 2? You’re ruining your own reply that the rankings are logical. They are deeply flawed. UM should be #1. BAMA & GA 2/3. Cincinnati 4. That would've been the most logical conclusion. Instead we have a made for TV SEC championship game looming,
Georgia is built to destroy teams like Michigan Look for a 20 point margin

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT