ADVERTISEMENT

Your early wish list for IU next recruiting class..

We need to get rid of the walk-ons. Blackmon and Bryant will most likely be gone and a few more will have too do like Niego did in order for us to free up room. Coach Crean is an excellent coach but sometimes he's a little too free hearted when giving out Scholarships.

We need to get rid of the walk-ons. Blackmon and Bryant will most likely be gone and a few more will have too do like Niego did in order for us to free up room. Coach Crean is an excellent coach but sometimes he's a little too free hearted when giving out Scholarships.
The walkon's are not on scholarship so they are not taking up any room so there is no problem with them

The plus that we have over most one-and-done schools is that we also will have very good role player's that the coaching staff have done an excellent job with. Y

In a perfect world would love to see Durham, Porter, Bamba, Wilkes and Scruggs. Not holding my breath on landing 3 of the top 12 and 4 of the top 32 in that class however!

But we end up giving them scholarships.
No we don't, name the former walkon that got scholarships, Neigo and Burton never were on scholarships and unless I forget someone I don't ever remember giving a walkon a scholarship. If we did it would have been for one year when we did not have all 13 scholarships filled.

No we don't, name the former walkon that got scholarships, Neigo and Burton never were on scholarships and unless I forget someone I don't ever remember giving a walkon a scholarship. If we did it would have been for one year when we did not have all 13 scholarships filled.

Only ones I can think of would have been Moore and Tabor, but that was in the early years when we just had to fill spots!

Who is Bamba ? Are we out of it with Jackson ?

I would like to see Durham, Wilkes and Scruggs.....and Jackson....

It's very possible with the brand of ball that we played this past season. The most important thing that everyone is overlooking, is that coach Crean and the team came up and played in a way that not only showed that we don't really need 5 star recruits too succeed but faith, trust and unity. That blueprint has now really PIQUED 5 star players interest

Now let's be real here, we have always recruited kids from Indiana, even in the Bobby Knight days. I think that kids from other states are more interested in I.U because our kids take things for granted and go away. When this happens, most people blame the COACH. I blame us.

Now let's be real here, we have always recruited kids from Indiana, even in the Bobby Knight days. I think that kids from other states are more interested in I.U because our kids take things for granted and go away. When this happens, most people blame the COACH. I blame us.
I think with summer basketball the country is a lot smaller today because more players can be seen by more coaches. Also with about every game on tv players know if they go far away their families will still get to see them play.

Wyohoosier1,posted something very interesting on one and dones. And it has something too say about coach Crean and his staff. I've never been on the one and done thing because most of the kids are undisciplined and are not getting the proper fundamentals taught. Even though coach Cal is sending so many players too the N.B.A draft and he's had a few hits as first round picks,they lack FUNDAMENTALS. PIMP Cal is selling dreams ,like a PIMP sales hookups dreams and I blame the Parents. People are blind sometimes and need a wake-up call. It doesn't matter what college you play ball at,if you can play, scouts with come.

several players in the top 40, don't care what their names are or where they come from. It's almost embarrassing to look down the list of recruits in the '16 class, or any Crean class at Indiana and see one MAYBE two in the top 60. Freaking mediocrity. Sorry, I'm in a mood today. Carry on.

several players in the top 40, don't care what their names are or where they come from. It's almost embarrassing to look down the list of recruits in the '16 class, or any Crean class at Indiana and see one MAYBE two in the top 60. Freaking mediocrity. Sorry, I'm in a mood today. Carry on.
We have had 5 straight McDonald's All Amnericans so that is far from mediocre.

Thats not even close to right....

The 2016 class, which is one of Crean's weaker ones, is currently 17th in the nation.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT