ADVERTISEMENT

You can get anything you want at ...

iubud

Hall of Famer
Aug 7, 2003
Meijer. No, not Alice's Restaurant.

I have a nasty outbreak of poison ivy that wasn't getting better. My doctor couldn't see me so the nurse recommended the Deaconess Clinic in Meijer. I never knew they had one, but it took 30 minutes from my house and back to walk out with a shot and a pack of pills.

I thought on the short drive home that I am less than 1 1/2 miles from my insurance agent, my Edward Jones office, Menards, a gas station, a couple of decent takeout places,a liquor store, both banks, and my hot hair stylist while living at the edge of the city limits. I have ridden my bike to nearly all of them over the years. Traffic has picked up near Meijer/Menards area, but I found a path that keeps me off the road. If I became Catholic, I would hardly ever leave the area except to mail a package at FedEx. Even that is just 2 miles away. We nearly screwed that up.

We were thinking about moving while my kids were in the early and late middle school ages. Our lives were centered around the middle school, the high school and the same area most of their friends lived. All I wanted was a third garage and an inground pool. I liked everything about our house and where we lived. We never found a house we liked better. Now that the kids are out of the house, I am so thankful we decided to stay and put in a pool. I could use that 3rd garage, but with 2 fewer cars, only my Family Truckster has to sit outside. My wife's car and the garage queen have permanent reservations inside.

Reactions: cryano
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT