ADVERTISEMENT

Yo! Aruss! It's OPENING DAY at Busch! HERE COMES THE KING!

And this HERE is why the Cardinals are most like Purdue. Their fans can't cheer for their own team without mentioning their rival.

Losers.....

You're just jealous that the Cubs don't have a keg of beer pulled around by a goat or something on opening day.

hqdefault.jpg

Reactions: kkott
Wrong. The Cards have titles, Purdue has a Helms Championship.

The Cubs and Cards have a great, mostly friendly rivalry.

Neither fanbase sinks to the level of Purdoucheness, and you should retract your statement.
MTIOTF might be acting like a Purdouche fan, but that's just because he's that kind of a guy. Most Cards fans are decent enough. The real problem with Cards fans is that they are never satisfied and always pessimistic. Within three minutes of winning a WS, most fans will already be bitching about how much next season will suck. I think that's what pisses Cubs fans off, because we feel like the Cards fans don't have any right to be pessimistic next to us. Meanwhile, we're doing the exact opposite - immediately after finishing a season 64-98, we'll be all, "Wait until next year! We'll be great!"

Fans are weird.

MTIOTF might be acting like a Purdouche fan, but that's just because he's that kind of a guy. Most Cards fans are decent enough. The real problem with Cards fans is that they are never satisfied and always pessimistic. Within three minutes of winning a WS, most fans will already be bitching about how much next season will suck. I think that's what pisses Cubs fans off, because we feel like the Cards fans don't have any right to be pessimistic next to us. Meanwhile, we're doing the exact opposite - immediately after finishing a season 64-98, we'll be all, "Wait until next year! We'll be great!"

Fans are weird.

You described IU fans in the 70s-90s as well. The Cards will suck this year, because the front office and owner pissed away the chance at a goddamn dynasty, now the Cubs are ascendant, the Reds and Brewers are reloading and the Pi-Rats will finish in 2nd.

How fitting that on a day that Aruss' name is brought up in the same post about the Cubs supposedly sucking, a guy with the last name Russell hit the game winning HR for the Cubs. Keep speaking ill of the Cubs while mentioning Aruss, please!! Seems to be working well

Is your wife from Chicago? She should watch the brood while you go to Opening Day. Is she a White Sox fan or something?

Daughter actually had Girl Scouts today. The boy had baseball activities and I'm the manager. For full disclosure. It worked out. I didn't get shit faced and take the 12:45am train home which means I won't be extremely hungover for the next two days. Missed a good game but I'll live. 80 more regular season games this season

As a cards fan and having formerly lived in both STL and Cincy, Reds fans are so annoying. I love Cubs fans, they're a blast to be around at games. Reds fans have a younger sibling mentality. They always feel slighted.

@Eppy99: I agree to a certain extent. I ignore it. They view the Cards the way they view the Steelers.

Their ire is misplaced: if the Reds owner built his franchise through scouting / minor league system, they would have no issue being competitive. Instead, he was worried the fans would stop coming if he let Votto and Phillips go instead of dealing both for prospects when they should have.

I don't give two Money dumps how Reds fans view the Cards, but I find their (a significant part of the fanbase) hostility towards Joey Votto perplexing to say the least. The guy is a worker, and one of the top 5 hitters in the game. It is ridiculous.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT