ADVERTISEMENT

Yet another reason elite universities suck . . .

So jealous of the lawyer who came up with and litigated this case. Hope he gets a huge payday!
That’s the dirty little secret. These universities that pride themselves on diversity. They’re not getting the black or Hispanic kid from the ghetto. They’re getting the black or Hispanic kid whose parents work white collar jobs, because they need less tuition assistance and you can still proclaim your diversity.

Reactions: DANC
Speaking of I just ran into joe Buck at lunch. He said his daughter went to iu too
Screen-Shot-2016-10-06-at-10.56.29-AM.png

That’s the dirty little secret. These universities that pride themselves on diversity. They’re not getting the black or Hispanic kid from the ghetto. They’re getting the black or Hispanic kid whose parents work white collar jobs, because they need less tuition assistance and you can still proclaim your diversity.

Most have need-blind admission policies, so they don't ask the questions that you claim they focus on. That true of places my kids applied to in the past 10 years
Cornell
Columbia
Princeton
Brown
Dartmouth
Stanford
Caltech
MIT
Georgia Tech

Maybe others

Most have need-blind admission policies, so they don't ask the questions that you claim they focus on. That true of places my kids applied to in the past 10 years
Cornell
Columbia
Princeton
Brown
Dartmouth
Stanford
Caltech
MIT
Georgia Tech

Maybe others
Evidently not. And my sympathies that you sent your kids to Ivies. Hopefully they didn’t turn out completely whacked out like their papa.

Reactions: DANC

You must be at Napoli!
lol pastaria and @Hoopsdoc1978 i actually don't find it funny at all. he's a fellow alum. and if ranger is saying he has a big head that's fine but if he's making fun of his hair it's not okay. joe endured a brutal divorce along with a VERY PUBLIC battle to maintain his hair. i can't hardly even imagine THE COURAGE it took and how low he must have been to come clean and admit his hair loss struggles. it's one thing to have rogaine and propecia not work and say F it i'll get my hair sewn it but what when that fails? or doesn't take uniformly? MY GOD. not something i'd wish on my worst enemy. joe is an alum, but more importantly, a hero

lol pastaria and @Hoopsdoc1978 i actually don't find it funny at all. he's a fellow alum. and if ranger is saying he has a big head that's fine but if he's making fun of his hair it's not okay. joe endured a brutal divorce along with a VERY PUBLIC battle to maintain his hair. i can't hardly even imagine THE COURAGE it took and how low he must have been to come clean and admit his hair loss struggles. it's one thing to have rogaine and propecia not work and say F it i'll get my hair sewn it but what when that fails? or doesn't take uniformly? MY GOD. not something i'd wish on my worst enemy. joe is an alum, but more importantly, a hero
Every time I think you've already reached peak McM, you prove me wrong.

Evidently not. And my sympathies that you sent your kids to Ivies. Hopefully they didn’t turn out completely whacked out...
Two are working on PhDs (like both of their parents), one just finished a masters degree (also like both of their parents). Columbia and Cornell undergrad degrees, both Summa Cum Laude (also like both of their parents). All 3 with zero college debt.

Reactions: larsIU
i run into him every few months at least. never without a hat on. i know he's hated but he's a super nice guy

Interesting. I just thought he’s got a bit of douchey arrogance, which I hate from people that used their family to get where they are.

He is very articulate and generally a good ambassador. Sad messy divorce story.

Reactions: mcmurtry66
Interesting. I just thought he’s got a bit of douchey arrogance, which I hate from people that used their family to get where they are.

He is very articulate and generally a good ambassador. Sad messy divorce story.
Yeah he definitely got the hookup from his pop.

Two are working on PhDs (like both of their parents), one just finished a masters degree (also like both of their parents). Columbia and Cornell undergrad degrees, both Summa Cum Laude (also like both of their parents). All 3 with zero college debt.

https://images.app.goo.gl/RQxEVg49jXe8G7go7

If you ever fly back from Istanbul to the US, at least 5% of the men on the plane will have bandages on their heads from their only-legal-in-Turkey hair transplant surgery. They look like they’re in utter agony.

Unshaven-hair-transplant-turkey-scaled.webp

If you ever fly back from Istanbul to the US, at least 5% of the men on the plane will have bandages on their heads from their only-legal-in-Turkey hair transplant surgery. They look like they’re in utter agony.

Unshaven-hair-transplant-turkey-scaled.webp
"Only legal in Turkey" isn't something I'm going to run out to do, I don't think.

Reactions: hookyIU1990
How many threes can they make in a row at the HPER?

Turkish Airlines sets you up with an Istanbul layover of up to 3 days on flights where Istanbul would normally be a connection, with some sightseeing packages at good prices and affordable hotels. My son did that on a Miami to Istanbul to Singapore flight. Iceland Air does something similar for layovers in Reykjavik.

Reactions: BadWakeboarder
Turkish Airlines sets you up with an Istanbul layover of up to 3 days on flights where Istanbul would normally be a connection, with some sightseeing packages at good prices and affordable hotels. My son did that on a Miami to Istanbul to Singapore flight. Iceland Air does something similar for layovers in Reykjavik.
Yes. It’s a well-done business model. They make you comfortable before they put you in agony.

These guys on the plane look miserable.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT