ADVERTISEMENT

X’s foot

BusdriverE

Junior
Dec 16, 2018
Any news? Haven’t heard anything else other than it’s not the same foot that he hurt last year. If already discussed, my apologies

Any news? Haven’t heard anything else other than it’s not the same foot that he hurt last year. If already discussed, my apologies
I've heard nothing (it's IU and an injury, what else should we expect?), but the general comments I see from a few different folks, makes me believe there are some murmurs behind the scenes. On Assembly Call last night, they seemed to all agree they don't expect him to play Friday. But, they quickly commented that they'd not expected him to play vs UCONN either. Still, those guys hear a lot behind the scenes and I don't think they'd have said much unless they'd heard something. I think it's gonna be hard to win without him, but then again, as they pointed out, when he went down we were actually behind, so we outscored them by a wide margin with X on the bench. For better or worse, if he's injured, and time will help heal, I think they should sit him until he's healthy. The team might gel and I think will be better if they know what they are facing, rather than an injured X playing when he feels he can.

I've heard nothing (it's IU and an injury, what else should we expect?), but the general comments I see from a few different folks, makes me believe there are some murmurs behind the scenes. On Assembly Call last night, they seemed to all agree they don't expect him to play Friday.
I DMed Jerod before his show lol. I’m the source there.

Believe it is the other foot and not the same one he injured last year, so at least that's good.

I have to assume it’s some sort of a sprain (since he was icing it). I saw @kurt cloverdales mentioned a high ankle sprain. Anyone get a good look at where the ice was??
from my recollection, it looked like the ice pack was on top of his foot, but that's just my memory and I think it was the end of the game so he may have removed it so he could stand up and walk out.

Reactions: .Gerdis
Yeah I thought he did fine. Played for a few minutes, had a rebound and an assist, no turnovers.
I think it's safe to say that Leal can come off the bench and not absolutely kill the team if he does. I'm not saying that he's going to give the team a bunch of points, but he seems to be a feasible player who can actually see the court and won't actually hurt the team while he's out there.

Reactions: Bucket Getter
Yes only saw it once on TV but top of foot and lower leg on the outside of his left foot I believe.
I just tried to find a replay of the game and it say's it is no longer available.... but I did find some game summary clips. With 1:36 left in the game... X jumped up off the bench to cheer for a play....and the ice bag was gone from his foot. Also...the way he jumped up and stepped forward..... didn't seem like it was bothering him.

So..... hoping he is doing OK.... and also hope that this isn't a lingering injury that will haunt him this year.

There is little doubt that X hasn't played great so far this year. But there's also little doubt he's vital to any chance of serious success this year. If he's sitting over there with Newton for any length of time, we are screwed. Gabe and Leal can fill in without killing us, but that's not exactly how anyone wants to see this season unfold.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT