ADVERTISEMENT

WSU gets their signature win....

Imagine if we had hired Leach instead of Wilson in 2010. Sigh.
Do we really have to do this on game day when we are 2-1, have a big game today, and are going for our third consecutive bowl and fifth consecutive win over Purdue?

WSU could be ranked in the top 10 come Monday. Wilson never sniffed the top 25.

Different leagues... different schedules...different obstacles. Looking at today's game not spilt milk. We have had gallons over the years and CKW doesn't have a monopoly on that discussion at IU.

It's game day boys! ... let's tear up some Nittny...um.... kitty!

Boise State should have beat WSU (they were up 21 in the 4th & went to OT)

And remember Virginia pounded Boise State.

I think we can hang if we play well.

I've defended Wilson here, but it becomes clearer every day that Glass really was and is way over his skis on nearly all of his coaching hires. Thankfully, he finally got some help on the hoops front after he was forced to push out Crean.

Those are our hurdles that I speak of... not necessarily Glass but I think our AD hires who he thinks fits at IU. I believe there is a long list of coaches that can't coach here because it would be mahem behind the scenes...

LB play comes up big today fellas! Gonna play them straight up...

Imagine if we had hired Leach instead of Wilson in 2010. Sigh.
That would have never happened. There was some baggage and also several other teams that were after Leach. IU football is in some rare territory thanks to Wilson lets just hope Allen can step up another notch and live up to the "Breakthrough" mantra.

Last edited:
ask yourself two questions. why was he fired by texas tech and why did he end up at washington state

There is no way that IU would have hired Leach due to personality (too close to Knight) and on the heels of the whole deal with putting injured players in janitor closets. He's a great coach but IU didn't want all of the stuff on periphery with him. Right or wrong, many schools wouldn't touch him with a 10 ft pole.

There is no way that IU would have hired Leach due to personality (too close to Knight) and on the heels of the whole deal with putting injured players in janitor closets. He's a great coach but IU didn't want all of the stuff on periphery with him. Right or wrong, many schools wouldn't touch him with a 10 ft pole.

You will find this interesting I hope... I was listening to the clip you posted. My wife who knows/cares absolutely zero about sports, walks in the room. My wife won't go to a game or even sit in the room with one on television. Rules? Heck no...

Anyway she walks in. First thing out of her mouth? "Is that Bob Knight?" I'm a huge Knight fan but I thought you would get a chuckle out of it. I did...

Now it's our turn today!! Go Hoosiers!

What kills me is that even horrible programs like KSU, Kansas, Washington St., Wake, Duke, Vandy et al beat a top 10 program or two every 10 years or so.........I know we beat MO and Oregon, but I don't remember us beating any top 10 team since.......when? Purdue in '67?

Do we really have to do this on game day when we are 2-1, have a big game today, and are going for our third consecutive bowl and fifth consecutive win over Purdue?

It's not an unreasonable question. Ord said he'd be tainted for the rest of his career. He's obviously recovered quite well... as any intelligent individual would understand.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT