ADVERTISEMENT

Worst Guards in the BIG

They don't think they will have the opportunity to shine in our offense. This year having Trey and X hurt a lot. They didn't see a path to starting.
Any kid who thought they couldn't seriously compete with Trey and X for playing time is lacking in confidence.

Reactions: bailey777
Any kid who thought they couldn't seriously compete with Trey and X for playing time is lacking in confidence.
Because woody has benched a starter so many times, let alone a starter returning. Lol.

I've suspected from the beginning Woodson might not have a motivating type of personality. His demeanor is too one dimensional in a loosey-goosey, never changing sort of way. I bet Don Fischer finds him a boring interview, that is, very predictable in answer, no technical talk in any depth, lacking in emotion... very un-Bob Knight-like. He was hired as a Band-Aid coach to stop the bleeding when it was a tourniquet needed.
This post is dumb AF ... you don't know shit but present it as fact. Stop the bleeding? You first. Plug it up, Carrie.

• Wow
Reactions: EarlTubbs
Because woody has benched a starter so many times, let alone a starter returning. Lol.
Meh, this team has a inexperienced frontcourt combined with less than stellar talent in the backcourt ... not a great combination. Failure to get a 2 in the portal and the lack of development with the bench is killing us.

Limited choices on who he can bench... no one is pushing the starters, the bench basically sucks.

Yes, that's the staffs fault ... let's all sync up have a group hug and cry about it .. or not.

We're also one of the youngest teams in conference. In the last few years with fifth year and covid, experience matters.... it will probably be an up and down year, with a lot of down, unless the players quit on him like they did constantly with Miller .. then it will be pain and a tsunami of tears from the weaker fans..

Banks, Gunn, Cupps. Leal and Galloway ......... *sigh*. Not going to win many games with that. I don't know why anyone would expect to ..

Give X a minute to get back into shape. We'll see if it makes a difference or not.

Last edited:
They don't think they will have the opportunity to shine in our offense. This year having Trey and X hurt a lot. They didn't see a path to starting.
If that is the theory we won't get any this spring either because cupps and trey will be back. Both are starters

My problem with the team is on defense they always look confused. Its almost as if they expect someone to be there, not them. And then no one is there. (the 3 ball from last night with us going away from the shooter) And when we do have a guy covered he still makes that well guarded shot and the look of dejection on the IU players face tells me that there is a lack of confidence in our players, which leads to us on offence missing wide open shots and horrible results from the line. My son says the IU defense looks like an ant farm. Everyone running around with no real direction on where to go. I have players that I like and ones I dislike but it seems to me the coaching is not helping any of them "learn" the system, or show signs of toughness, or gain confidence in the "system" or themselves. Gunn being a perfect example. He looks lost, down, dejected. Is he as bad as he looks? Hes a D1 player recruited to play for IU, I believe to be a starter. Did IU make a mistake when getting him or is the coaching or lack of coaching the reason for where hes at in the program? I know the direction Im leaning on that question Either way I sure hope the rest of the season plays out better than last night.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT