ADVERTISEMENT

Worst first quarter in playoff history?

Foosier

All-Big Ten
Sep 5, 2001
Boston goes for 7 in the first quarter. Not an indictment of STEVENS so don't get your panties in a bunch. Just an observation.

Can you imagine how many points they'd have if Crean was coaching???
When you say "they", do you mean the other team because CTC's team defense is impenetrable? Or do you mean CTC's team because of how fast, Faster, FASTER they play offense?

Reactions: C-$
Stevens is a great coach but hopefully he'll soon realize that the NBA is a superstar league and come back where he belongs. You can win a lot of games in the regular season playing team ball but you're not doing squat in the playoffs without a star. Doesn't look like the Celtics will have one anytime soon.

Reactions: Chester Fried
Stevens is a great coach but hopefully he'll soon realize that the NBA is a superstar league and come back where he belongs. You can win a lot of games in the regular season playing team ball but you're not doing squat in the playoffs without a star. Doesn't look like the Celtics will have one anytime soon.

Not really. You need talent at any level. The coaching in the NBA is light years ahead of college. He belongs there.

I honestly didn't even realize Boston made the playoffs.

Gods, the East is terrible.

Not really. The 6, 7, & 8 seeds in the east are better than west. The power is in the West, though. Boston is a dangerous matchup for some teams...at least before Bradley went down.

Not really. You need talent at any level. The coaching in the NBA is light years ahead of college. He belongs there.

Not really. The 6, 7, & 8 seeds in the east are better than west. The power is in the West, though. Boston is a dangerous matchup for some teams...at least before Bradley went down.

I guess Rick Pitino and Cal belong there. Bob Knight and Coach K belonged there too.

parrot5.jpg

The upcoming draft will determine Stevens long term future with the Celtics. They have 3 first round picks including one from Brooklyn which could be high lottery. Also, I count 5 second round picks which seems crazy if accurate. So, if they have a couple flops or bad trade decisions...

so+you're+telling+me+there's+a+chance.jpg

I guess Rick Pitino and Cal belong there. Bob Knight and Coach K belonged there too.

lol... no. K and Knight are the only ones who could hang schematically. Lots of what they did happening now. College fans/coaches are idiots.

lol... no. K and Knight are the only ones who could hang schematically. Lots of what they did happening now. College fans/coaches are idiots.

You God damn retard... So many NBA coaches are almost as retarded as you are and can't coach their way out of a paper bag...

Reactions: MillerTime
College coaches are also limited by what they have to work with - a bunch of kids with a much lower average ability than even a bad NBA team. So, there's no way to know how good those coaches could be until they are given the chance.

You God damn retard... So many NBA coaches are almost as retarded as you are and can't coach their way out of a paper bag...

This little drunken buffoon act is just a thinly veiled shield from your true stupidity, right?

College coaches are also limited by what they have to work with - a bunch of kids with a much lower average ability than even a bad NBA team. So, there's no way to know how good those coaches could be until they are given the chance.

Huh? They all have the same chance. They're at a lower level for a reason.

Reactions: MillerTime
Are you really trying to suggest that Tryon Lou (sp?) is a better coach than Coach K because he coaches in the NBA?

The fact that you're comparing (arguably) the greatest college coach of all time to a coach with less than a full nba session under his belt should tell you everything you need to know.

I think K could have been successful in the NBA (and possibly even Knight in his younger, more flexible days). But they bith had opportunities and never tried. You can make a case for K based on his Olympic experience, but he still comes up short compared to the best coaches in the NBA, imo.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT