⬛⬛⬛⬛⬛ 🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

Wordle 325 4/6*

β¬›β¬›πŸŸ¨β¬›β¬›
β¬›β¬›β¬›πŸŸ¨πŸŸ¨
πŸŸ¨πŸŸ©β¬›β¬›πŸŸ©
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

back from the dead

they finally used your starting word?

I continue to wait and it's a non uncommon word.
LOL

Not really

Wordle 325 9/6*

⬛⬛⬛⬛⬛
β¬›πŸŸ©β¬›πŸŸ©β¬›
⬛⬛⬛⬛⬛
🟨🟨🟩🟨🟨
πŸŸ¨πŸŸ¨β¬›πŸŸ¨πŸŸ¨
🟨🟩🟩🟩🟨
πŸŸ¨β¬›πŸŸ¨β¬›πŸŸ¨
🟩🟩🟨🟩🟩
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

Wordle 328 3/6

⬜⬜⬜🟩⬜
⬜⬜🟨⬜🟩
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

Most of you have problem scene (puns!) this game before, but if not - it's fun. You get snapshots of a scene from a movie. Starts off really obscure. They become progressively more substantial relative to what movie as you move forward.

***** New Mod Test *****

Wordle 405 3/6*

🟨🟨⬜⬜🟨
🟨🟩🟨⬜⬜
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

Daily Quordle 186
7️⃣8️⃣
5️⃣3️⃣
quordle.com
⬜⬜⬜⬜🟨 ⬜🟨⬜🟨⬜
⬜⬜⬜🟩⬜ ⬜⬜⬜⬜⬜
⬜⬜⬜⬜🟨 ⬜🟨⬜⬜🟨
⬜🟩🟩🟩🟩 ⬜🟨⬜⬜⬜
⬜⬜⬜🟨⬜ ⬜🟨⬜⬜⬜
⬜🟩🟩🟩🟩 ⬜🟨⬜⬜⬜
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩 ⬜🟨⬜⬜⬜
⬛⬛⬛⬛⬛ 🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

⬜🟩⬜⬜⬜ 🟨🟩⬜⬜⬜
🟩⬜⬜⬜⬜ 🟩⬜⬜⬜⬜
🟩🟩⬜🟨⬜ 🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩
⬜⬜🟨⬜⬜ ⬛⬛⬛⬛⬛
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩 ⬛⬛⬛⬛⬛

• Haha
Reactions: larsIU
New one

Framed #140
πŸŽ₯ πŸŸ₯ πŸŸ₯ πŸŸ₯ πŸŸ₯ πŸŸ₯ 🟩

New one

Framed #140
πŸŽ₯ πŸŸ₯ πŸŸ₯ πŸŸ₯ πŸŸ₯ πŸŸ₯ 🟩

Just tried it, and guessed the movie on the first frame! Which is hilarious given that I can count on one hand how many movies I've been to in the past 40 years and have only seen a portion of the movie that I answered.

Framed #312
πŸŽ₯ 🟩 ⬛ ⬛ ⬛ ⬛ ⬛

• Love
Just tried it, and guessed the movie on the first frame! Which is hilarious given that I can count on one hand how many movies I've been to in the past 40 years and have only seen a portion of the movie that I answered.

Framed #312
πŸŽ₯ 🟩 ⬛ ⬛ ⬛ ⬛ ⬛

Took me six guesses, but to be fair, two of my guesses were "WTF" and "no idea."

Framed #312
πŸŽ₯ 🟩 ⬛ ⬛ ⬛ ⬛ ⬛

Yeah, sometimes it's just obvious if you've seen the movie or just happened to have a particular scene stuck in your head.

Framed #313
πŸŽ₯ πŸŸ₯ 🟩 ⬛ ⬛ ⬛ ⬛

I missed the first guess b/c I said Big Trouble in LIttle China for some reason.

So, spoiler, it's not Big Trouble in Little China

I'm not going to scroll through 15 pages to see where this has been covered already, but what are you typical starting words? Mine is TREAD. I get at least one hit 90+% of the time. If neither vowel hits, I usually use a word with "OU" in the middle (e.g., ROUGH) unless I have an inspiration from 2+ of the consonants being hits.

I start with "adieu" then if that doesn't get more than one letter, I follow with "story"

That covers a,e,i,o,u,y,d,s,t,r

Seems pretty efficient. Since I switched to those words I think I am something like 85 out of 86. I had two streaks of 40+ wins with one miss in between. Very few with six tries. Most common 4, then 5 & 3 fairly even.

My previous starter words were less efficient. 95% success rate was all.

Major letters I don't try now in the first two words are b, m,n,l,and p so those are high on my list to try on the 3rd word.

Reactions: Noodle
I'm not going to scroll through 15 pages to see where this has been covered already, but what are you typical starting words? Mine is TREAD. I get at least one hit 90+% of the time. If neither vowel hits, I usually use a word with "OU" in the middle (e.g., ROUGH) unless I have an inspiration from 2+ of the consonants being hits..

On Wordle, I quit using a standard open. I was using aline, I use aline, proud, myths, in octordle.

I went looking for the worst wordle start, according to their bot. Qajaq was the worst I found with a score of 20.

This morning I started with ghost, the bot rates it as 85.

On Wordle, I quit using a standard open. I was using aline, I use aline, proud, myths, in octordle.

I went looking for the worst wordle start, according to their bot. Qajaq was the worst I found with a score of 20.

This morning I started with ghost, the bot rates it as 85.
According to MIT, the best opening word is SALET. That makes sense, but I guarantee the winning word will never be SALET. Interestingly, the folks at MIT also concluded that SALET is 1% better than SLATE. The problem with ADIEU, I think, is that you're less likely to solve with 2 or 3 turns due to the lack of consonants (and the fact that there are only 6 five letter words* that end in the letter u). It might help you make certain you don't fail, but seems to me will raise your average turns a bit.

* ADIEU, BARBU, BAYOU, BIJOU, BUCHU, and BUTSU

Yes, it depends if your goal is to never lose or to win in 3 as often as possible. I guess I focus on never losing.

According to MIT, the best opening word is SALET. That makes sense, but I guarantee the winning word will never be SALET. Interestingly, the folks at MIT also concluded that SALET is 1% better than SLATE. The problem with ADIEU, I think, is that you're less likely to solve with 2 or 3 turns due to the lack of consonants (and the fact that there are only 6 five letter words* that end in the letter u). It might help you make certain you don't fail, but seems to me will raise your average turns a bit.

* ADIEU, BARBU, BAYOU, BIJOU, BUCHU, and BUTSU

The Wordle bot favor's least. Interesting in that I used steal for a while. If you don't do the bot after, look at it. I think it is slightly crazy.

I gave up on going for minimum scores when I got something like sha_e after guess 2. Share, shade, shape, shave, shame, shake? I lost that game missing on 4 straight guesses.

I'm not going to scroll through 15 pages to see where this has been covered already, but what are you typical starting words? Mine is TREAD. I get at least one hit 90+% of the time. If neither vowel hits, I usually use a word with "OU" in the middle (e.g., ROUGH) unless I have an inspiration from 2+ of the consonants being hits.
P E N I S
354 games played, 99% win rate.
2 90+ game win streaks.
4 tries: 135
3 tries: 102
5 tries: 72

This was a good day:

Wordle 632 2/6

🟨🟨⬜⬜🟩
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

Almost matched it...

Wordle 633 3/6

🟨⬜🟨⬜⬜
🟩⬜⬜⬜🟨
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

My streak ended at 176. I've run off another 33 since then. I've missed 4 or 5 total. Assuming 5, I need to run off another 522 in a row to get to 99.5% to see if the game stats will round me up to 100%.

Wordle 701 3/6*

⬜⬜⬜⬜🟨
🟩⬜🟩🟩⬜
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

My streak ended at 176. I've run off another 33 since then. I've missed 4 or 5 total. Assuming 5, I need to run off another 522 in a row to get to 99.5% to see if the game stats will round me up to 100%.

Wordle 701 3/6*

⬜⬜⬜⬜🟨
🟩⬜🟩🟩⬜
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩
Wordle 701 2/6*

⬜🟩⬜⬜🟨
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

My stoker took 4. She is PISSED!

Reactions: Brockway
People are still doing this? I have friends who posted their results every day on Facebook and I haven’t seen that in a few months now. I assumed everyone was done with it. I still haven’t done it even once. I already have plenty of time wasting things to do. Like this . . .
I do Wordle & Quordle over morning coffee on a daily basis. I'm fond of a comfortable rut.

People are still doing this? I have friends who posted their results every day on Facebook and I haven’t seen that in a few months now. I assumed everyone was done with it. I still haven’t done it even once. I already have plenty of time wasting things to do. Like this . . .
I thought you were going to write "I have friends who posted their results every day on Facebook and I haven’t seen that in a few months now because I unfriended them and refuse to return their calls."

Wordle 701 3/6*

⬜⬜⬜⬜🟨
🟩⬜🟩🟩⬜
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩
Wow, nice job.

I have had a couple of streaks >60 ended because I was on a business trip or family trip and forgot to do it one day. Since I started using better starting words and follow-up words my averages have gone up

Reactions: Brockway
I have gotten the word on my second guess 5 times in 425 tries. That's always fun. usually means my starter word got at least 3 letters correct

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT