ADVERTISEMENT

Wofford beats Heels in Chapel Hill

And UL should have lost at home to Albany.
VJ king ice skated all over on the corner w both feet for a no-call traveling up 1 with 10 sec left. Then Adel fouled the heck out of the shooter up 2 with 1.5 sec left for the no-call again.
Albany got a raw deal.

Note: I don’t think my UL hatred is clouding my opinion on this games ending.

And UL should have lost at home to Albany.
VJ king ice skated all over on the corner w both feet for a no-call traveling up 1 with 10 sec left. Then Adel fouled the heck out of the shooter up 2 with 1.5 sec left for the no-call again.
Albany got a raw deal.

Note: I don’t think my UL hatred is clouding my opinion on this games ending.

I wonder how bad Wofford would have won had the notorious ACC officials not had the Heels shooting 38FTs to 18.

Woodford happens to feature one of the nation's top players statistically. Top 10 in more than one category, which is very unusual at the national D1 level.

This was the biggest upset (by point spread) at Chapel Hill dating back as far as I know how to go (1996). The biggest upset prior to tonight was as a 23.5 favorite vs BC with the 2009 National Title team. So, laying a big egg against an over-matched opponent isn't necessarily a harbinger of things to come.

This was the biggest upset (by point spread) at Chapel Hill dating back as far as I know how to go (1996). The biggest upset prior to tonight was as a 23.5 favorite vs BC with the 2009 National Title team. So, laying a big egg against an over-matched opponent isn't necessarily a harbinger of things to come.
I watched the game. Wofford won this game with a great game plan and team ball. UNC was out coached and Wofford has a deadly sniper from outside. UNC could not get inside via dribble drive. UNC did not lose Wofford just won a hard fought close game. UNC had chances to win but Wofford would not wilt. I believe they said the last nonconference loss in Chapel Hill was to Iowa.

Last edited:
I watched the game. Wofford won this game with a great game plan and team ball. UNC was out coached and Wofford has a deadly sniper from outside. UNC could not get inside via dribble drive. UNC did not lose Wofford just won a hard fought close game. UNC had chances to win but Wofford would not wilt. I believe they said the last nonconference loss in Chapel Hill was to Iowa.

Jackson is a really nice inside player as well, but struggles to stay on the floor due to being super foul prone. When I saw that Wofford won, I figured UNC somehow failed to get him in foul trouble. He got 35 minutes tonight and blew up the stat sheet with 9 boards, 6 blocks, 3 steals along with the 18 points.

Yeah we have been drilled at home by both ISU and freakin' Fort Wayne so if this thread makes you feel better........

Reactions: BigMobe
I guess this kind of thing happens other places besides here at IU. This I is coming from the defending champion who is ranked 5th in the country.

DUKE lost at BC, Arizona with tons of talent lost 3 in a row. Yeah it happens but I dont understand the validation of it? IU had momentum after ND and crapped down its leg. Were not om the same level as these programs yet.

DUKE lost at BC, Arizona with tons of talent lost 3 in a row. Yeah it happens but I dont understand the validation of it? IU had momentum after ND and crapped down its leg. Were not om the same level as these programs yet.
There was a poster who said losing to FW shouldn't ever happen at IU. Just showing it happens everywhere and not just here.

There was a poster who said losing to FW shouldn't ever happen at IU. Just showing it happens everywhere and not just here.
Idk who said it and saying losing to FW shouldnt ever happen sounds silly as a on-its-own statement.
However, understanding the full context, losing to InSt by 20+ and then losing the exact same way to FW, at home, in the same season, shouldnt ever happen.
But I think you knew the full context.

Wofford was a singular upset - yes, that happens.

Again ND is not very good this year.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT