ADVERTISEMENT

Wisconsin 2024

mushroomgod_1

All-American
Apr 9, 2012
Wisconsin got burned by the portal., losing Hepburn, Starr, and Essegian. Tyler Wahl also graduated.

They still have a nice core with Crawl, Klesmit, and Blackwell. Their transfers aren't rated especially high, but do fill in some missing pieces rather nicely.

Their rotation players appear to be:

--Steven Crawl, 7'0"
--Max Klesmit, 6'4"
--John Blackwell, 6'4"
--Xavier Amos, 6'8" TR
--Cam Hunter, 6'3" TR
--Daniel Freitag, 6'2" FR
--John Tonja, 6'6" TR
--Nolan Winter. 6'11"

Hunter averaged almost 16/4/4 in his 2nd year at Central Arkansas, and appears to be the starting PG. Amos averaged 14/6 in his 2nd year at N. Illinois, and shot 38% on 3s with decent volume.

Not much depth here. Winter looks like the best of several big stiffs at the backup center spot. Freitag is a top 100 FR to back-up the PG spot.

Projection: Wisconsin will lack front court strength & size, but has 3 nice shooters in Klesmit, Blackwell, and Amos. Amos & Hunter look capable. Tonja is something of a ? as a back-up piece as he's been injured. They tried to get Matt Cross out of the portal, but failed. I wouldn't be surprised to see a late addition. As things stand they need to avoid injuries. If they do, they look like a 7-11 BT team.

Reactions: Im4iu89
Seems like Wisky is always picked to finish towards the bottom half of the BIG but then ends up in the top three. Personally, it wouldn't hurt my feelings if they were dead last.

Thanks for putting these together!
That would be a dream come true!

Seems like Wisky is always picked to finish towards the bottom half of the BIG but then ends up in the top three. Personally, it wouldn't hurt my feelings if they were dead last.

Thanks for putting these together!
This ^^^

Wisky has done well for a few decades — credit to them. However I can’t stand them and their B1G bully ball with their usual recruits. I hate the Kohl Center. Hopefully they fall apart for a awhile.

Reactions: Hoosier Clarion
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT