ADVERTISEMENT

Winning shot video

bugging-out.gif

Preferably a kid that grew up an IU fan. I would have been like Damon Bailey that really wanted to play at IU from a young age. I feel we have lost a lot of those types of kids as they are more familiar with the Crean years unless their families shared what IU basketball used to be.

I've been watching IU basketbsll since the late '50s and that has to be my favorite shot of all time. Smart buried it with time running out & all the marbles were on the line. Talk about a pressure shot. RP's shot will go down in the laurels of Hoosier basketball as has the Watshot.

Last edited:
Anyone else notice how Archie didn't even flinch when it went in?

Don't know if he's just that stoic, was simply relieved or maybe too sobered by how far the Team and Players have yet to go.

Anyone else notice how Archie didn't even flinch when it went in?

Don't know if he's just that stoic, was simply relieved or maybe too sobered by how far the Team and Players have yet to go.
You’ll probably disagree, but I think he was borderline pissed that his play completely broke down. He might have been almost embarrassed to win that way too. Luck is sometimes better than execution. At the end of the season, we’ll all look back on this one as a helluva win.

You’ll probably disagree, but I think he was borderline pissed that his play completely broke down. He might have been almost embarrassed to win that way too. Luck is sometimes better than execution. At the end of the season, we’ll all look back on this one as a helluva win.

Sounds as plausible a reason as any, but it may not have been so "borderline" - at some or multiple points, wouldn't be a reach to assume he's downright infuriated.

Reactions: mk23
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT