ADVERTISEMENT

Win or lose extend CKW's contract

UCF is overwhelmingly comprised of Florida kids who are products of substandard public schools. They can't get into UF or FSU which is why UCF and USF have flourished in size. You have absolutely no idea what you're talking about, and some generic admissions research on their website proves nothing, with the possible exception that you're not terribly smart. And here I thought you just had idiotic views about football but it turns out you're stupid on several fronts. And since Luke is reading this, I'm sure he'll chime in with another lie. He's already been proven so dishonest that he now runs like a coward, so you're in good company.
I saw goody whipping on someone and I just had to look and see who was getting the beat down. I should've known it was you. You can't argue intelligently so you resort to childish name calling, it's pathetic and sad.

Please show me where I said I heard Gene Smith talk about realignment? My posts are only a couple of clicks away.
We'll see who is lying

Good to have you back ordfan

Last edited:
I saw goody whipping on someone and I just had to look and see who was getting the beat down. I should've known it was you. You can't argue intelligently do you resort to childish name calling, it's pathetic and sad.

Please show me where I said I heard Gene Smith talk about realignment? My posts are only a couple of clicks away.
We'll see who is lying

Good to have you back ordfan
Now you're backing off of your claim that Gene Smith told you and your imaginary friend about OSU leaving the Big and forming a power conference with other prominent football schools? Too funny since it was obviously a ridiculous assertion that you could never prove. Stop lying Luke. You're only fooling yourself by bagging about things that never occurred. Pathetic and sad, indeed. And dumb. Almost as dumb as calling anyone ordfan when you make a stupid post.

Last edited:
Now you're backing off of your claim that Gene Smith told you and your imaginary friend about OSU leaving the Big and forming a power conference with other prominent football schools? Too funny since it was obviously a ridiculous assertion that you could never prove. Stop lying Luke. You're only fooling yourself by bagging about things that never occurred. Pathetic and sad, indeed. And dumb.
Ok now it is an imaginary friend, earlier you claimed I heard it and not my family friend....sooo many lies you can't keep track of which ones you have told

Speaking of imaginary friends though, kinda like the one you have at IU and in Florida?

God you are a piece of work here ya go

HeraldTimesOnline: Cost of construction: HeraldTimesOnline.com
ww.heraldtimesonline.com › 2008/03/08

IU's latest football stadium project to cost $10M plus, won't add ...
Indianapolis Business Journal › post › 49...
Gee, the first one doesn't show anything, and the second destroys your argument that IU spent as much as Purdue is going to spend. Congratulations for proving you didn't know what you were talking about. Call Gene and see if he can help you out.

Reactions: WisslerIII
Ok now it is an imaginary friend, earlier you claimed I heard it and not my family friend....sooo many lies you can't keep track of which ones you have told

Speaking of imaginary friends though, kinda like the one you have at IU and in Florida?
No, you said you "had a friend" in the OSU athletic department and that thru him Gene shared juicy, inside info with you. It must stink to not remember all the stuff you made up. It must also stink to say at least three times that you were going to ignore me and not respond but then be so weak that you had to come back and try to defend your bs. I mean, how weak is that? I'll bet your going to for sure ignore me this time and really really mean it, until you can't. And weren't you the guy who lectured me about calling you names even tho I hadn't, and then called me names? Were you crying when you typed that post?

No, you said you "had a friend" in the OSU athletic department and that thru him Gene shared juicy, inside info with you. It must stink to not remember all the stuff you made up. It must also stink to say at least three times that you were going to ignore me and not respond but then be so weak that you had to come back and try to defend your bs. I mean, how weak is that? I'll bet your going to for sure ignore me this time and really really mean it, until you can't. And weren't you the guy who lectured me about calling you names even tho I hadn't, and then called me names? Were you crying when you typed that post?
Since you are having a tough time keeping your bs straight let me help you.
This is what you were saying earlier today

Me: I never said I was in the meetings with Smith or that I heard him

Now you're lying about things I said.. I forgot To hit jignore last time, not again
Goodbye
You: I'm not lying, it's what you claimed.

But if you are now saying that my friend related the information to me, then yes that is what I said and it is what happened

Now tell me again about these IU budget meetings you are privy too? Lmao

Yeah I had you on ignore but I just had to look at who goody was flogging,
But you're right I couldn't help myself, but in my defense it was a hilarious read. You got flat out B-slapped

134 Today at 4:18 PM

Gee, the first one doesn't show anything, and the second destroys your argument that IU spent as much as Purdue is going to spend. Congratulations for proving you didn't know what you were talking about. Call Gene and see if he can help you out.
Why do you say that the first one doesn't show anythjng? It talks about the increase in the original budget

And like the other poster told you, you also have to adjust for some inflation and add in the smaller projects as well

You made the claim that PUs spending far exceeds IUs...where is your data to back your claim?

Since you are having a tough time keeping your bs straight let me help you.
This is what you were saying earlier today

Me: I never said I was in the meetings with Smith or that I heard him

Now you're lying about things I said.. I forgot To hit jignore last time, not again
Goodbye
You: I'm not lying, it's what you claimed.

But if you are now saying that my friend related the information to me, then yes that is what I said and it is what happened

Now tell me again about these IU budget meetings you are privy too? Lmao

Yeah I had you on ignore but I just had to look at who goody was flogging,
But you're right I couldn't help myself, but in my defense it was a hilarious read. You got flat out B-slapped

134 Today at 4:18 PM
Is there an English version of what you "wrote"? Like everything you provide, it was literally incomprehensible, though it's probably your only option at this point since you're unable to keep your meandering story straight. Just keep clicking your heels and saying "There's no one like Gene Smith, there's no one like Gene Smith" and it will come back to you.

Secondly, I never once claimed I was "privy too" (sic) any IU budget meetings. In addition to being dishonest, you fail at very basic spelling. "Too"? That's too funny.

And goody proved he could read general admissions and class profile information, bit that he has no understanding of background or context. Anyone familiar with public education in Florida understands this issue. You are lost on it, however.

Now, threaten to ignore me, even though you can't. You apparently enjoy being humiliated. Oh,and before I forget, ordfan. It's your equivalent of a draw play on 3rd and 20. It never works and everyone shakes their head, but you can't help yourself.

Is there an English version of what you "wrote"? Like everything you provide, it was literally incomprehensible, though it's probably your only option at this point since you're unable to keep your meandering story straight. Just keep clicking your heels and saying "There's no one like Gene Smith, there's no one like Gene Smith" and it will come back to you.

Secondly, I never once claimed I was "privy too" (sic) any IU budget meetings. In addition to being dishonest, you fail at very basic spelling. "Too"? That's too funny.

And goody proved he could read general admissions and class profile information, bit that he has no understanding of background or context. Anyone familiar with public education in Florida understands this issue. You are lost on it, however.

Now, threaten to ignore me, even though you can't. You apparently enjoy being humiliated.
I'll let you return to your public flogging, goodnight ord :)

Have been told by several Florida residents that UCF and USF are the schools of choice for kids who can't get into FSU and UF, which is why their growth has been so big.
USF is not a giant school , so I am not sure why you say that.; Part of the reason why it is somewhat difficult to get into some Florida state schools is there are so many applicants because the cost of attendance is so cheap. Florida has done a great job of using lotto money for education and you can attend ANY state school for an annual tuition of approx. $6000, about 1/2 the cost of IU. Out of state is MUCH higher, so they like to admit a fair amount of out of state students.;) If you have a 3.5 or better GPA, you can go tuition free with the Bright Futures program..... Now for some other details, a school like UCF is in its infancy, the southeast side of Orlando is busting loose with the building of UCF Medical City, that when completed, will rival anything in the B1G for a medical complex of several hospitals and specialties. For those wanting to criticize the Florida Public Schools, there are good and there are bad, just like everywhere, but one curious thing, since we were using US News & World Report Rankings for college, let's apply this to the HS as well. Guess what? Florida ranks sixth in HS achievement, virtually doubling every statistical category for Indiana, which came in 19th. See below:

http://www.usnews.com/education/best-high-schools/articles/how-states-compare

We can argue admissions standards and education forever, but can't we all agree that the "student-athlete" football player has a very different standard to meet, even at, (heaven forbid we say it) Notre Dame? Athletes get a pass on a lot of things that "Joe Student" doesn't get a pass on. Admissions being the #1. But let's get back to what is really being counted...wins on the football field. In comparison of the IU to UCF or USF job for that matter, Again, I will say the talent pool to draw from is much deeper in Florida and as Maverick and Goose would say, it is "A target rich environment". The weather is better, facilities as good or better than IU, lots of local attractions, far enough away from Mom and Dad, but still close to home for the Florida kids. The beach...make no mistake, that is a draw. UCF kids can go to the beach every weekend and play with the the girls from the latest wave of northern schools on spring break that week. That goes on for at least 5 weeks, because everybody has different spring break schedules. I'm not saying UCF is the greatest, but the computer program at UCF and Full Sail put young minds to work on Madden and Call of Duty upon graduation. Since their headquarter offices are just down the street and almost in sight of the school. A lot of kids might think that getting a starting job of $80,000 and working on the video game they have played for years is pretty cool.To have a myopic view of how wonderful the job at IU is or going to IU is, sitting on your couch in Carmel and thinking the world revolves around you is just wrong. People down south don't respect the Big Ten. For the most part they think they are over-hyped pretenders in sports who usually get to a bowl game or the first round of the NCAA tournament and get blown out. Don't even start with how the people feel about ND. I heard one guy say ND is just another school in a cold climate to kids today. The last time ND won a national title, those seniors on the team are now over 50 years old and the kids coming up today associate other things to the Domers like cheating scandals, rapes in the dorms, managers killed in a tower accidents, fake internet girl friends of Heisman candidates etc. etc. Actually, quite an embarrassment.
I have droned on, but as my last word, I played football at IU during the Corso years, I would have liked nothing more than my boys to play football at IU. They were offered scholarships to play and chose not to go. They thought the school atmosphere around the program sucked. They had offers from USF and UCF too. Didn't go there either, ended up at different PAC-12 schools, AZ and Cal. Can't say they missed anything.

USF is not a giant school , so I am not sure why you say that.; Part of the reason why it is somewhat difficult to get into some Florida state schools is there are so many applicants because the cost of attendance is so cheap. Florida has done a great job of using lotto money for education and you can attend ANY state school for an annual tuition of approx. $6000, about 1/2 the cost of IU. Out of state is MUCH higher, so they like to admit a fair amount of out of state students.;) If you have a 3.5 or better GPA, you can go tuition free with the Bright Futures program..... Now for some other details, a school like UCF is in its infancy, the southeast side of Orlando is busting loose with the building of UCF Medical City, that when completed, will rival anything in the B1G for a medical complex of several hospitals and specialties. For those wanting to criticize the Florida Public Schools, there are good and there are bad, just like everywhere, but one curious thing, since we were using US News & World Report Rankings for college, let's apply this to the HS as well. Guess what? Florida ranks sixth in HS achievement, virtually doubling every statistical category for Indiana, which came in 19th. See below:

We can argue admissions standards and education forever, but can't we all agree that the "student-athlete" football player has a very different standard to meet, even at, (heaven forbid we say it) Notre Dame? Athletes get a pass on a lot of things that "Joe Student" doesn't get a pass on. Admissions being the #1. But let's get back to what is really being counted...wins on the football field. In comparison of the IU to UCF or USF job for that matter, Again, I will say the talent pool to draw from is much deeper in Florida and as Maverick and Goose would say, it is "A target rich environment". The weather is better, facilities as good or better than IU, lots of local attractions, far enough away from Mom and Dad, but still close to home for the Florida kids. The beach...make no mistake, that is a draw. UCF kids can go to the beach every weekend and play with the the girls from the latest wave of northern schools on spring break that week. That goes on for at least 5 weeks, because everybody has different spring break schedules. I'm not saying UCF is the greatest, but the computer program at UCF and Full Sail put young minds to work on Madden and Call of Duty upon graduation. Since their headquarter offices are just down the street and almost in sight of the school. A lot of kids might think that getting a starting job of $80,000 and working on the video game they have played for years is pretty cool.To have a myopic view of how wonderful the job at IU is or going to IU is, sitting on your couch in Carmel and thinking the world revolves around you is just wrong. People down south don't respect the Big Ten. For the most part they think they are over-hyped pretenders in sports who usually get to a bowl game or the first round of the NCAA tournament and get blown out. Don't even start with how the people feel about ND. I heard one guy say ND is just another school in a cold climate to kids today. The last time ND won a national title, those seniors on the team are now over 50 years old and the kids coming up today associate other things to the Domers like cheating scandals, rapes in the dorms, managers killed in a tower accidents, fake internet girl friends of Heisman candidates etc. etc. Actually, quite an embarrassment.
I have droned on, but as my last word, I played football at IU during the Corso years, I would have liked nothing more than my boys to play football at IU. They were offered scholarships to play and chose not to go. They thought the school atmosphere around the program sucked. They had offers from USF and UCF too. Didn't go there either, ended up at different PAC-12 schools, AZ and Cal. Can't say they missed anything.
Great post, interesting info...welcome to the board

The undergraduate enrollment at USF is over 40,000, making it larger than several Big Ten schools. Giant? That's your word, not mine. But it's extremely large, and I'm not sure how you didn't know that. UCF is well over 50,000, making it one of the largest schools in the country. And programs like Bright Future, while well intentioned, have led to chronic grade inflation in Florida (and in Georgia with the Hope Scholarship) as a means for kids to attend college relatively I expensively, if they're often not prepared to do so.

As for ND, most people know the school for what it is, though some obviously do not. And since their last national championship was in 1988, most of the seniors on that team have just turned 50, or will soon. A few actual facts go a long way.

Last edited:
UCF is overwhelmingly comprised of Florida kids who are products of substandard public schools. They can't get into UF or FSU which is why UCF and USF have flourished in size. You have absolutely no idea what you're talking about, and some generic admissions research on their website proves nothing, with the possible exception that you're not terribly smart. And here I thought you just had idiotic views about football but it turns out you're stupid on several fronts. And since Luke is reading this, I'm sure he'll chime in with another lie. He's already been proven so dishonest that he now runs like a coward, so you're in good company. And a Big 12 invitation? You don't follow college sports, do you?

You are willfully uninformed and have, again, provided no evidence to support anything that you say. Once again, you're trying your tactic of changing topics, changing reasoning, and calling names to avoid admitting the fact that you were incorrect about UCF's admissions standards and incorrect about UCF's US News ranking prohibiting the school from getting a P5 invite.

Now, in order to avoid admitting that you're wrong (again), you instead change the topic to Florida K12 schools and would like to paint Florida public schools with the same broad brush (ignorant), while continuing to ignore the fact that no matter what you think of Florida public schools, the students being admitted to UCF as freshman compare well to students at other major P5 schools when using national comparisons like the ACT and SAT (don't talk to me about grade inflation, ACT and SAT offer standardized metrics that can be compared across states in a way that GPA cannot. Although, it is true that high school GPA is a better predictor of postsecondary success than either of those exams.

However weak their preparation may have or have not been, however stupid you think students in Florida are, the Florida students who are admitted to UCF as freshman are quite similar to students at many schools in the ACC, B1G, SEC, Big XII, and Pac 12.Yes, it is more difficult to get into UF, and slightly more difficult to get into FSU, but that does not mean that it's easy to get into UCF or USF. Did it ever occur to you that a state with nearly 20 million residents (FL) has room for more than 2 good, large schools in a way that a state with under 6 million residents (IN) does not? You operate off of the assumption that there can only be 2 large, tough to get into schools in a state - for no reason. Further, if all schools with easier admissions standards than UF are not worthy, then you must think IU is a pretty shitty school. It's decidedly less competitive to get into than UF.

Also, yes, Big XII. Feel free to google UCF + Big XII and see the dozens and dozens of articles from cbs, espn, local newspapers, sports blogs, etc., that continually identify UCF as one of the four schools most likely to get a Big XII invite if/when it does add two additional schools.

I have no problem with discussions or disagreements. It is, after all, a message board. Can't expect much. Still, the mods should really consider doing something about an individual that is repeatedly hostile and personally insulting to other users.

The undergraduate enrollment at USF is over 40,000, making it larger than several Big Ten schools. Giant? That's your word, not mine. But it's extremely large, and I'm not sure how you didn't know that. UCF is well over 50,000, making it one of the largest schools in the country. And programs like Bright Future, while well intentioned, have led to chronic grade inflation in Florida (and in Georgia with the Hope Scholarship) as a means for kids to attend college relatively I expensively, if they're often not prepared to do so.

As for ND, most people know the school for what it is, though some obviously do not. And since their last national championship was in 1988, most of the seniors on that team have just turned 50, or will soon. A few actual facts go a long way.

A few facts DO go a long way, What makes you think I didn't know UCF is currently number 1 or number 2 in enrollment, depending on how many are at Arizona St.? You like to be pompus and belittling to people don't you? As an FYI, USF is nowhere near 40,000 on-campus students. That is the total for the St. Pete and Manatee campuses as well. That would be like saying IU has 120,000 students when you count all the regional campuses. Main campus has somewhere around 26,000 students, or just more than half the on campus attendance at IU of approx. 46,000. UCF's enrollment of over 60,000 this year includes 10 regional campuses, so the on campus total is really much lower.

As far as whether they are equipped to deal with school or not, isn't that the case everywhere? I knew right away in Foster Quad that a bunch of people there had no business being there. If you can find out inexpensively you should have gone to cosmetology school, isn't that OK? And if there is chronic grade inflation, who cares? It'll shake out in the weed out classes at college, but explain to how Florida still ranked 6th in national standardized testing? There is something that is at least OK in the education system.
As far as ND is concerned, the view from the Midwest is much different than the views across the country. I still know of the ND Mystique having grown up in a time where ND was still significant, but my kids could care less.
And this still veers from the topic of which is a better job to win football games and recruit players doesn't it? I notice you didn't belittle my reasons why a UCF or a USF is a good choice, better weather, more recruits in the area, close to home, better facilities etc. So instead of saying I'm wrong, why don't you tell me why you're right? Why is IU a better job?

Last edited:
You are willfully uninformed and have, again, provided no evidence to support anything that you say. Once again, you're trying your tactic of changing topics, changing reasoning, and calling names to avoid admitting the fact that you were incorrect about UCF's admissions standards and incorrect about UCF's US News ranking prohibiting the school from getting a P5 invite.

Now, in order to avoid admitting that you're wrong (again), you instead change the topic to Florida K12 schools and would like to paint Florida public schools with the same broad brush (ignorant), while continuing to ignore the fact that no matter what you think of Florida public schools, the students being admitted to UCF as freshman compare well to students at other major P5 schools when using national comparisons like the ACT and SAT (don't talk to me about grade inflation, ACT and SAT offer standardized metrics that can be compared across states in a way that GPA cannot. Although, it is true that high school GPA is a better predictor of postsecondary success than either of those exams.

However weak their preparation may have or have not been, however stupid you think students in Florida are, the Florida students who are admitted to UCF as freshman are quite similar to students at many schools in the ACC, B1G, SEC, Big XII, and Pac 12.Yes, it is more difficult to get into UF, and slightly more difficult to get into FSU, but that does not mean that it's easy to get into UCF or USF. Did it ever occur to you that a state with nearly 20 million residents (FL) has room for more than 2 good, large schools in a way that a state with under 6 million residents (IN) does not? You operate off of the assumption that there can only be 2 large, tough to get into schools in a state - for no reason. Further, if all schools with easier admissions standards than UF are not worthy, then you must think IU is a pretty shitty school. It's decidedly less competitive to get into than UF.

Also, yes, Big XII. Feel free to google UCF + Big XII and see the dozens and dozens of articles from cbs, espn, local newspapers, sports blogs, etc., that continually identify UCF as one of the four schools most likely to get a Big XII invite if/when it does add two additional schools.

I have no problem with discussions or disagreements. It is, after all, a message board. Can't expect much. Still, the mods should really consider doing something about an individual that is repeatedly hostile and personally insulting to other users.
I have no interest in doing battle here, though you initiated all of this via your aggressive and inhospitable reply. That said, as a Florida resident, I do have some insight into the State's educational system, and it's not particularly good. Further, schools like UCF and USF have grown dramatically as a result mainly of kids who can't gain admittance to FSU and UF. I have anecdotal experience with this, though I doubt you do.

You've done well to recite statistics regarding admissions standards and the quality of schools, but you've offered no context for you commentary. Are you an educator or affiliated with a university? Are you otherwise qualified to offer a learned opinion on the subject?

With respect to Power Five inclusion, which P5 conference has extended an invitation to UCF? With which P5 conferences has UCF engaged in discussions regarding membership (at any level of interest)? I'm not interested in speculative articles but rather bonafide examples of substantive talks.

This began with my bold suggestion that IU was in trouble if they couldn't compete with and successfully recruit against the likes of UCF. Apparently, based on the reaction here, they can't. Maybe it's academics, athletics, location, culture, or some combination of all of these factors, but maybe IU can't measure up. But I do find it strange that you chose to be rude in your posts to me yet found the need to whine when I replied in a similar fashion. I'd call you a hypocrite, but you'd only complain and needlessly extend the thread.

A few facts DO go a long way, What makes you think I didn't know UCF is currently number 1 or number 2 in enrollment, depending on how many are at Arizona St.? You like to be pompus and belittling to people don't you? As an FYI, USF is nowhere near 40,000 on-campus students. That is the total for the St. Pete and Manatee campuses as well. That would be like saying IU has 120,000 students when you count all the regional campuses. Main campus has somewhere around 26,000 students, or just more than half the on campus attendance at IU of approx. 46,000. UCF's enrollment of over 60,000 this year includes 10 regional campuses, so the on campus total is really much lower.

As far as whether they are equipped to deal with school or not, isn't that the case everywhere? I knew right away in Foster Quad that a bunch of people there had no business being there. If you can find out inexpensively you should have gone to cosmetology school, isn't that OK? And if there is chronic grade inflation, who cares? It'll shake out in the weed out classes at college, but explain to how Florida still ranked 6th in national standardized testing? There is something that is at least OK in the education system.
As far as ND is concerned, the view from the Midwest is much different than the views across the country. I still know of the ND Mystique having grown up in a time where ND was still significant, but my kids could care less.
And this still veers from the topic of which is a better job to win football games and recruit players doesn't it? I notice you didn't belittle my reasons why a UCF or a USF is a good choice, better weather, more recruits in the area, close to home, better facilities etc. So instead of saying I'm wrong, why don't you tell me why you're right? Why is IU a better job?
You claimed I said USF was "giant", which was simply not the urge now claiming that I implied that you didn't know the enrollment, which is false, as well.

If you don't care about grade inflation, that's not a problem for me. It's a little hard to tout Florida schools, however, when it's an acknowledged reality. As for higher standardized test scores, those kids either go to UF, FSU, UM, or leave the state.

U raised the topic of Notre Dame, not me, though I don't doubt that your kids couldn't (not could) care less.

As far as IU goes, some find playing in a prestigious conference in large stadiums against tradition laden opponents appealing, all while pursuing a decent education. Others would rather stay close to home or in warmer weather. Obviously, IU isn't very appealing to a growing number of students and athletes. Given the historical dumper that is the football program, future performance is likely to be as embarrassing as the past.

I have no interest in doing battle here, though you initiated all of this via your aggressive and inhospitable reply. That said, as a Florida resident, I do have some insight into the State's educational system, and it's not particularly good. Further, schools like UCF and USF have grown dramatically as a result mainly of kids who can't gain admittance to FSU and UF. I have anecdotal experience with this, though I doubt you do.

You've done well to recite statistics regarding admissions standards and the quality of schools, but you've offered no context for you commentary. Are you an educator or affiliated with a university? Are you otherwise qualified to offer a learned opinion on the subject?

With respect to Power Five inclusion, which P5 conference has extended an invitation to UCF? With which P5 conferences has UCF engaged in discussions regarding membership (at any level of interest)? I'm not interested in speculative articles but rather bonafide examples of substantive talks.

This began with my bold suggestion that IU was in trouble if they couldn't compete with and successfully recruit against the likes of UCF. Apparently, based on the reaction here, they can't. Maybe it's academics, athletics, location, culture, or some combination of all of these factors, but maybe IU can't measure up. But I do find it strange that you chose to be rude in your posts to me yet found the need to whine when I replied in a similar fashion. I'd call you a hypocrite, but you'd only complain and needlessly extend the thread.

No whining...you just come off like a jerk in many of the previous posts you write directed at me and others, so I gave a little back. I have been affiliated with universities in Florida in a sports recruiting/evaluation capacity and currently live in Winter Park now, FYI. And I too, have a little insight to the educational system. I am curious as to your insight into the educational system? Do you just live in Florida? Had kids go through the system? What gives you insight? Just by virtue of living in Florida, do you become an expert? I lived in Indiana, but that doesn't make me an expert on things there. (except of course, the knowledge that people in Carmel think they're special, that never changes) I too find it curious that you so adeptly deflect the topic and never stick to the questions asked....oh well, enough is enough, I really don't want to know why you think IU is a better program.

No whining...you just come off like a jerk in many of the previous posts you write directed at me and others, so I gave a little back. I have been affiliated with universities in Florida in a sports recruiting/evaluation capacity and currently live in Winter Park now, FYI. And I too, have a little insight to the educational system. I am curious as to your insight into the educational system? Do you just live in Florida? Had kids go through the system? What gives you insight? Just by virtue of living in Florida, do you become an expert? I lived in Indiana, but that doesn't make me an expert on things there. (except of course, the knowledge that people in Carmel think they're special, that never changes) I too find it curious that you so adeptly deflect the topic and never stick to the questions asked....oh well, enough is enough, I really don't want to know why you think IU is a better program.
Have owned property in Florida for several years and am a resident, even though I split my time with other locales. My kids weren't educated there, so my experience has been anecdotal (as I already said). And I never claimed to be an expert, though I'm a bit intrigued by your penchant of continually embellishing in an effort to make a point. And I haven't deflected a thing, including your whining. As for IU, I already acknowledged that its not a program worthy to compete with UCF in any way. So, no specifics on your "scouting" work? Why am I not surprised?

See, proving your incorrect statements wrong is not inhospitable.You just don't like it. I did so very appropriately and wasn't rude at all. You, however, have continued, in this thread and others, to call people stupid and question their intelligence. I, too, am a Florida resident and am deeply and professionally familiar with the Florida higher education landscape. I don't think you know what context for commentary means. If you're looking for me to provide a useless anecdotal claim as you do, I won't, because one person's experience does not necessarily mirror the landscape, the data, or the facts. I'm sorry that your personal perception and anecdotal experience with Florida higher education does not align with actual data. Your anecdotes are not context, they are merely one lay person's perception of things.

As you know, conference affiliation changes are rarely discussed publicly for fear of being embarrassed, as was the case when Mizzou stupidly and publicly stated their B1G interest. We never find out who is going where until the deal is already done. But if you pay attention to football in Florida, read news about it, or listen to coaches speak, you would know well that UCF and the Big XII have been flirting for some years, to the point that this year, George O'Leary publicly begged fans to show up to ensure high attendance numbers to improve UCF's chances to receive an invite to a major conference. Or, you can go back to a few years ago, prior to UCF's current conference affiliation, just prior to Big East entry, when UCF shared on it's own website ( http://today.ucf.edu/conference-expansion-a-mystery/ ) that, yes, conversations were and would continue to happen, but it's practice not to make those public. Did we watch Nebraska's invitation unfold? No, it just happened. Same with Maryland and Rutgers. That's not to say that I know UCF is headed to the Big XII or anywhere else, but with the information publicly available and what I understand about the process, I think it's the most likely landing spot.

Regarding the question of conference inclusion, it's not only where an athletic department or institution stands right now that's important, but also it's potential moving forward. Large schools in big tv markets, (USF and UCF combine to have the 4th largest tv market in the country) really hold lots of promise and potential for $. This is why a woefully athletically underachieving Rutgers received a B1G invite. This is also why you've seen several sports writers, polls, and discussions this week ask if the open Miami or the open UCF job is a better gig. It's not important for everyone to agree on that, but reasonable people who follow this stuff closely recognize UCF's potential as a sleeping giant.

Right now, in terms of football recruiting, IU's leg up on a school like UCF is its position in a P5 conference, getting to play the best, at least being eligible for a CFP (at least remotely), and a really wonderful, rigorous college experience in a beautiful, charming, traditional college town. Put UCF in a P5 conference and a lot of athletes are going to find a lot to like about it, too. Certainly, UCF already has more recent football success than IU does. I think IU can compete with UCF -they most certainly right now - but were UCF to enter a P5 conference, IU would most definitely have to work to out compete and out recruit UCF on the recruiting trail (in football specifically).

See, proving your incorrect statements wrong is not inhospitable.You just don't like it. I did so very appropriately and wasn't rude at all. You, however, have continued, in this thread and others, to call people stupid and question their intelligence. I, too, am a Florida resident and am deeply and professionally familiar with the Florida higher education landscape. I don't think you know what context for commentary means. If you're looking for me to provide a useless anecdotal claim as you do, I won't, because one person's experience does not necessarily mirror the landscape, the data, or the facts. I'm sorry that your personal perception and anecdotal experience with Florida higher education does not align with actual data. Your anecdotes are not context, they are merely one lay person's perception of things.

As you know, conference affiliation changes are rarely discussed publicly for fear of being embarrassed, as was the case when Mizzou stupidly and publicly stated their B1G interest. We never find out who is going where until the deal is already done. But if you pay attention to football in Florida, read news about it, or listen to coaches speak, you would know well that UCF and the Big XII have been flirting for some years, to the point that this year, George O'Leary publicly begged fans to show up to ensure high attendance numbers to improve UCF's chances to receive an invite to a major conference. Or, you can go back to a few years ago, prior to UCF's current conference affiliation, just prior to Big East entry, when UCF shared on it's own website ( http://today.ucf.edu/conference-expansion-a-mystery/ ) that, yes, conversations were and would continue to happen, but it's practice not to make those public. Did we watch Nebraska's invitation unfold? No, it just happened. Same with Maryland and Rutgers. That's not to say that I know UCF is headed to the Big XII or anywhere else, but with the information publicly available and what I understand about the process, I think it's the most likely landing spot.

Regarding the question of conference inclusion, it's not only where an athletic department or institution stands right now that's important, but also it's potential moving forward. Large schools in big tv markets, (USF and UCF combine to have the 4th largest tv market in the country) really hold lots of promise and potential for $. This is why a woefully athletically underachieving Rutgers received a B1G invite. This is also why you've seen several sports writers, polls, and discussions this week ask if the open Miami or the open UCF job is a better gig. It's not important for everyone to agree on that, but reasonable people who follow this stuff closely recognize UCF's potential as a sleeping giant.

Right now, in terms of football recruiting, IU's leg up on a school like UCF is its position in a P5 conference, getting to play the best, at least being eligible for a CFP (at least remotely), and a really wonderful, rigorous college experience in a beautiful, charming, traditional college town. Put UCF in a P5 conference and a lot of athletes are going to find a lot to like about it, too. Certainly, UCF already has more recent football success than IU does. I think IU can compete with UCF -they most certainly right now - but were UCF to enter a P5 conference, IU would most definitely have to work to out compete and out recruit UCF on the recruiting trail (in football specifically).
You proved nothing. You did, however, completely avoid stating any qualifications whatsoever to comment as you have regarding public education in Florida.

As for UCF, wanting to be in a P5 conference and getting invited are two vastly different things. I have little doubt that there is a considerable gulf between the two in respect of UCF and the B12. As for Nebraska, Rutgers and Maryland, those were well known candidates for movement t another conference fo a variety of reasons. I assumed most people were aware of that.

You proved nothing. You did, however, completely avoid stating any qualifications whatsoever to comment as you have regarding public education in Florida.

As for UCF, wanting to be in a P5 conference and getting invited are two vastly different things. I have little doubt that there is a considerable gulf between the two in respect of UCF and the B12. As for Nebraska, Rutgers and Maryland, those were well known candidates for movement t another conference fo a variety of reasons. I assumed most people were aware of that.

I assure you my qualifications to comment on public education in Florida are sterling. Over and over on this board, you make asinine assertions, people counter with actual facts, and you call them idiots or question their qualifications to give you those actual facts. Even when linked, you still don't believe people. There's really nothing more anybody can say to somebody so obtuse.

Reactions: ezluke
I assure you my qualifications to comment on public education in Florida are sterling. Over and over on this board, you make asinine assertions, people counter with actual facts, and you call them idiots or question their qualifications to give you those actual facts. Even when linked, you still don't believe people. There's really nothing more anybody can say to somebody so obtuse.
No, I don't do that over and over on this board. As for your qualifications, nothing you've posted suggests in the slightest you have any qualifications to speak authoritatively on such a matter. You've offered no context whatsoever in spite of several requests to provide it, and you've reacted with constant insults and invective whenever I've asked you for it. I'll happily talk football with you, and hopefully you'll demonstrate a "sterling" competency there that you clearly lack on this subject.

No, I don't do that over and over on this board. As for your qualifications, nothing you've posted suggests in the slightest you have any qualifications to speak authoritatively on such a matter. You've offered no context whatsoever in spite of several requests to provide it, and you've reacted with constant insults and invective whenever I've asked you for it. I'll happily talk football with you, and hopefully you'll demonstrate a "sterling" competency there that you clearly lack on this subject.

LOL!!!!

Based solely on what's been posted in this thread, I'd take goody1986 and give the points all day long regarding this topic with you as his opponent. . . you've proved yourself completely uninformed and outclassed. Again and again.

If you're not ordfan then you must be his illegitimate spawn . . . .

LOL!!!!

Based solely on what's been posted in this thread, I'd take goody1986 and give the points all day long regarding this topic with you as his opponent. . . you've proved yourself completely uninformed and outclassed. Again and again.

If you're not ordfan then you must be his illegitimate spawn . . . .
I'm not him nor do I know who that is. But I always love it when the particularly weak like you jump on the pile. Mike Leach at Eastern Washington, right? I never forget a face.

Set them back from where? They're headed for last place. How do you set that back?

They can damn sure pay much more than $1M per for a head coach. There are many coaches at lower level conferences that have shown the ability to lead a team to wins. We need one of those.
If we had the talent from previous coaches at IU we might not have a win this year. We might be able to pay a coach more, but WILL we??? We have a history of paying low, and we get what we pay for.

Think about this; if Wilson gets fired and IU and any other mid level BCS conference team have an opening, and a coach is offered the same pay at the two schools, why would a coach decide to take the IU job when it is much more difficult to win here?

Our only bright spot if we are to let Wilson go is we have a decent roster, minus QB and depth at RB, which are big holes.

There are a lot of job openings right now that are on par with the level IU is at, and more to come at the end of the season. I think we would end up in a bad situation with a coach this year, just taking whoever takes the job.

Again, it goes back to how much we are willing to pay.

If we had the talent from previous coaches at IU we might not have a win this year. We might be able to pay a coach more, but WILL we??? We have a history of paying low, and we get what we pay for.

Think about this; if Wilson gets fired and IU and any other mid level BCS conference team have an opening, and a coach is offered the same pay at the two schools, why would a coach decide to take the IU job when it is much more difficult to win here?

Our only bright spot if we are to let Wilson go is we have a decent roster, minus QB and depth at RB, which are big holes.

There are a lot of job openings right now that are on par with the level IU is at, and more to come at the end of the season. I think we would end up in a bad situation with a coach this year, just taking whoever takes the job.

Again, it goes back to how much we are willing to pay.
So you're saying we have more talent than before but we are winning less...So you want to keep the coach who does less with more, an interesting perspective

So you're saying we have more talent than before but we are winning less...So you want to keep the coach who does less with more, an interesting perspective
What is interesting is that you took that small bit out of an entire post, and ignored everything else.

So ezluke just straight out answer this: do you want a new coach considering all the new hires that will be going on, if IU pays the next coach the same amount??

An interesting perspective would be having a football conversation, but nice job doing a good basketball board impression.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT