ADVERTISEMENT

Why we absolutely do not want Billy Donovan

Paterfamilias

All-Big Ten
Dec 3, 2010
Unfortunately, Donovan has only landed 1 One-and-Done player (Bradley Beal) in his career. It's recently been proven that you cannot have sustained success without a revolving door of NBA ready talent. Billy D has proven that he doesn't run that type of program, so I reckon he should be marked off the wish list... heck Tom Crean even landed 1

Unfortunately, Donovan has only landed 1 One-and-Done player (Bradley Beal) in his career. It's recently been proven that you cannot have sustained success without a revolving door of NBA ready talent. Billy D has proven that he doesn't run that type of program, so I reckon he should be marked off the wish list... heck Tom Crean even landed 1
naaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa. . . . he had a lot of NBA level talent that stayed 2 or 3 years. Two years ago ESPN named him the top college coach when it comes to preparing and getting players to the NBA.

It should be much easier to land 5 star recuits with Indiana than Florida. Plus NBA type players will want to play for him now that he's had some NBA experience.

Reactions: iulb
For real?

HAHA. A coach that has 2 NCAA championships and 4 Final Fours. But we should stay away because he does not produce enough 1 and dones! I hope you are just being sarcastic and I am too dumb to realize.

I'm not too good at sarcasm, but that was my aim. Just having some fun after the discussion the other day about the necessity of getting into the 1-and-done game in order to have sustained success.

I just thought it ironic that everyone is so excited about the possibility of Billy D, when he's not really played that game in the past.

Your argument is invalid because a team without one and done players won the whole damn thing last year. LAST YEAR! How do you not remember that? It's not even been a year yet.

I'm not too good at sarcasm, but that was my aim. Just having some fun after the discussion the other day about the necessity of getting into the 1-and-done game in order to have sustained success.

I just thought it ironic that everyone is so excited about the possibility of Billy D, when he's not really played that game in the past.
Was it also sarcasm to suggest Donovan would be even remotely interested? Had to be as that is the most laughable part of your post.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT