ADVERTISEMENT

Why hasn’t anyone posted about Rock Island?

CO. Hoosier

Hall of Famer
Aug 29, 2001
Rock island has turned out to be one of the great tourist attractions of Northwest Indiana. Written up and shown on media, thousands of followers on social media, this is truly an outstanding place. Rock Island has gained significant recognition without one dime of federal, state, or local funds. No government committees, no studies, no exercises in DEI, just old fashioned community effort.

One visitor to the island remarked: “must-see . . .healed my family and cured my depression."

Another noted “It is truly a masterpiece and even an emotional experience. I’ve never had such feelings of excitement. It is truly a breathtaking structure. With the Indiana Dunes being named a National Park in recent years, I believe it would only be fair to name Rock Island a state park for the time being with National Park in its near future.”

In these days of seemingly endless conflict, turmoil, and hate, a visit to Rock Island would certainly be a worthwhile calming experience.

@mcmurtry66: you might want to look into securing the parking, Tshirt and popcorn concessions.

Went into Stracks there about a month ago. Yup some idiot's car was on top of the median and she was standing there staring at it. Broad daylight.
But--if you're turning off of 30 it's easy to miss. If you're sober.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT