ADVERTISEMENT

Who's turn is it to be watching Goat?

Can you possibly pick just one football thread to NOT shit all over, so the rest of us can just hang out in that one? Thanks in advance.

Why don't you eat shit and die? Thanks in advance.

That ending sucked- I was really pulling for the Vikings over the turds. I hate kickers.

In fairness to Blair, that's a tough kick.

Gary Anderson couldn't even had made that one.

I mean, at least not in Vikings playoff game.
BTW, people on Twitter saying this is somehow worse than the Anderson kick are effing morons. This is a gut-punch, for sure, but it doesn't come anywhere close to Anderson. He was the first perfect kicker in history and missed a kick that would have sent the Vikes to the Super Bowl. This is nowhere near that.

BTW, people on Twitter saying this is somehow worse than the Anderson kick are effing morons. This is a gut-punch, for sure, but it doesn't come anywhere close to Anderson. He was the first perfect kicker in history and missed a kick that would have sent the Vikes to the Super Bowl. This is nowhere near that.
1975 (Hail Mary vs Cowboys), 1998, and 2009 all dwarf this. It's not even close.

Agreeance.
2009 will always be the worst for me, just because that was my Dad's last full season. He mercifully passed early October the next year before things REALLY went to hell. But I was literally on the phone with him during the end of that game. We were in two different bars in two different states, going nuts together. And then...
Ugh.
Yeah, today was nothing. Especially since it always felt like playoffs were a bonus for this team. Like the Cubs, we arrived one year early. A lot more expectations next season.

2009 will always be the worst for me, just because that was my Dad's last full season. He mercifully passed early October the next year before things REALLY went to hell. But I was literally on the phone with him during the end of that game. We were in two different bars in two different states, going nuts together. And then...
Ugh.
Yeah, today was nothing. Especially since it always felt like playoffs were a bonus for this team. Like the Cubs, we arrived one year early. A lot more expectations next season.
Peterson is on his last leg. He doesn't have another full season left.

Peterson is on his last leg. He doesn't have another full season left.
He led the damn league in rushing.
Although, if they can find a team dumb enough to give up anything of value for him (*cough*Dallas*cough*), I won't be sad to see him leave. Besides the fact that we already have to look past the fact that our owners are corrupt, fraudulent businessmen (proven in court!) who bilked the state out of god knows how much money, we also have to root for a child-beater with the IQ of a vanilla bean? I know every fan base can say crap like that, but...
Anyway, even besides the moral thing, even the best running back in history isn't going to be worth what he's paid in his last three or four seasons. If they can get any return at all for him, I say let him finish his career somewhere else. McKinnon is a very capable running back, and he's actually better than Peterson at both blocking and receiving.

He led the damn league in rushing.
Although, if they can find a team dumb enough to give up anything of value for him (*cough*Dallas*cough*), I won't be sad to see him leave. Besides the fact that we already have to look past the fact that our owners are corrupt, fraudulent businessmen (proven in court!) who bilked the state out of god knows how much money, we also have to root for a child-beater with the IQ of a vanilla bean? I know every fan base can say crap like that, but...
Anyway, even besides the moral thing, even the best running back in history isn't going to be worth what he's paid in his last three or four seasons. If they can get any return at all for him, I say let him finish his career somewhere else. McKinnon is a very capable running back, and he's actually better than Peterson at both blocking and receiving.
Moops has spoken.

Reactions: C-$
Still a brutal way to lose a game.

I was in San Diego when Vinitari missed a similar kick. Regular season, but it still sucked. Btw, I'm giddy those dickbags are losing their franchise. Fans are awful.
I can't remember ever seeing a heartbreaker in person. Been lucky that way. The only game I ever saw in the Metrodome, I drove up for opening day with my dad and uncle, along with about 40 other Vikings fans from the Fort (there has always been a huge contingent here for whatever reason; our fan group leader at the time was someone on the news, Mindy something I think). Anyway, we had a special weekend planned, meeting players, taking part in special activities at the team facilities. Got a high five from Red McCombs on gameday. Loved that guy's attitude, until he decided to sell, and stopped putting any money into salaries. Anyway, that was opening day in 1998. Beat the Bucs by a shit ton. Uncle came *this close* to bangin' a cheerleader, but he struck out. Fun weekend. Then, that season ensued, and then Gary Anderson happened, and it was sort of baptism by fire for me. I'd known what it was like to be disappointed in the Vikings, but I hadn't ever experienced something like that.

Now, it's second nature.

Also, when we went to Minnesota, Vikings fans were also dickbags. Up by three or four touchdowns and throwing beers at Tampa fans in the stadium. It was a shame. That was probably also the day I learned to never think one fan base is any better than another.

Reactions: ovaltine
I can't remember ever seeing a heartbreaker in person. Been lucky that way. The only game I ever saw in the Metrodome, I drove up for opening day with my dad and uncle, along with about 40 other Vikings fans from the Fort (there has always been a huge contingent here for whatever reason; our fan group leader at the time was someone on the news, Mindy something I think). Anyway, we had a special weekend planned, meeting players, taking part in special activities at the team facilities. Got a high five from Red McCombs on gameday. Loved that guy's attitude, until he decided to sell, and stopped putting any money into salaries. Anyway, that was opening day in 1998. Beat the Bucs by a shit ton. Uncle came *this close* to bangin' a cheerleader, but he struck out. Fun weekend. Then, that season ensued, and then Gary Anderson happened, and it was sort of baptism by fire for me. I'd known what it was like to be disappointed in the Vikings, but I hadn't ever experienced something like that.

Now, it's second nature.

Also, when we went to Minnesota, Vikings fans were also dickbags. Up by three or four touchdowns and throwing beers at Tampa fans in the stadium. It was a shame. That was probably also the day I learned to never think one fan base is any better than another.

Can you give me a drinking update?

I'm on red wine glass #1.

Can you give me a drinking update?

I'm on red wine glass #1.
Half-way through GNT #3.
But I am using smaller glasses tonight than I normally do, so, there's that.

Also, I'm going to run out of tonic, so I need to decide between gin and Sierra Mist or gin and gin going forward.

Reactions: C-$
Missing a kick to lose a playoff game happens every year. What the Bengals did last night was one for the ages.

Ugh.
The 2009 and 1998 games (vs. the Saints and the Falcons respectively) were by far the hardest on me because both teams were the best teams in the NFL each of those years - by MILES better than anyone else.

I agree - this year was a bonus. Expectations will be significantly higher in 2016.

The 2009 and 1998 games (vs. the Saints and the Falcons respectively) were by far the hardest on me because both teams were the best teams in the NFL each of those years - by MILES better than anyone else.

I agree - this year was a bonus. Expectations will be significantly higher in 2016.
I'm not entirely convinced you can say "Miles" about 2009. Definitely miles better than 30 other teams, but the Saints actually were good.

But 1998 isn't even a contest. That was one of the best teams in history. Absolutely the best football team to not win a Super Bowl, and that probably won't ever change. That team was epic good. That was one-in-a-million that they lost that game, really. And Atlanta went 14-2 that year. They had success. But that Vikings team was probably better than 75% of the teams that have won Super Bowls since then, if not more. There was no excuse for that year. Utterly incomprehensible. You go back with a time machine, and let those playoffs play out 100 times, the Vikings hoist the trophy in 99 of them. We just happened to have the bad luck to be born in the one universe where they farked it up.

Now, it's second nature.

I took Little O to the final game of the 2012 season at the Dome against Green Bay. Tremendous game the Vikes won to qualify for the playoffs (Go Christian Ponder!!!). I don't get truly angry very often, but I nearly got into fights with two different Viking fans that insisted on REALLY harassing a 75-year-old-ish GB fan that was minding his own business. I was PISSED, Goat.

I took Little O to the final game of the 2012 season at the Dome against Green Bay. Tremendous game the Vikes won to qualify for the playoffs (Go Christian Ponder!!!). I don't get truly angry very often, but I nearly got into fights with two different Viking fans that insisted on REALLY harassing a 75-year-old-ish GB fan that was minding his own business. I was PISSED, Goat.
You were at that game in person? Oh man, that must have been awesome, asshole fans aside. What a great game to have actually been at.

I was watching that game in Maumee, sitting on a couch next to a good friend and his buddy who are both giant Packers fans. It was awesome. Despite being cheeseheads, none of the three of us took sports seriously enough to be genuine dicks, and we always had fun with the rivalry, no matter who won.

I'm not entirely convinced you can say "Miles" about 2009. Definitely miles better than 30 other teams, but the Saints actually were good.

But 1998 isn't even a contest. That was one of the best teams in history. Absolutely the best football team to not win a Super Bowl, and that probably won't ever change. That team was epic good. That was one-in-a-million that they lost that game, really. And Atlanta went 14-2 that year. They had success. But that Vikings team was probably better than 75% of the teams that have won Super Bowls since then, if not more. There was no excuse for that year. Utterly incomprehensible. You go back with a time machine, and let those playoffs play out 100 times, the Vikings hoist the trophy in 99 of them. We just happened to have the bad luck to be born in the one universe where they farked it up.
All I know is that if Adrian Peterson could've held onto the ball in that Saints game, the Vikes win that by around 14 points in the Saints' building.

1998 (actually January 1999) ..... I was watching in Nobletucky. I didn't scream or holler, I just sat mute for about 3 hours after the game ended. Could not believe the Vikings lost that game. They were SOOOOOO good offensively AND defensively.

Flash forward 6 months. I get transferred to Minnesota, go to work the first day at the plant in Mankato (where the Vikes still have summer camp), walk into the production meeting - and they're talking about that Falcons game (because camp was starting that week). It was like listening to 20 different eulogies. I truly felt like I was in Hell.

You were at that game in person? Oh man, that must have been awesome, asshole fans aside. What a great game to have actually been at.

I was watching that game in Maumee, sitting on a couch next to a good friend and his buddy who are both giant Packers fans. It was awesome. Despite being cheeseheads, none of the three of us took sports seriously enough to be genuine dicks, and we always had fun with the rivalry, no matter who won.
I was, with Little O (taking him back to The U, he told me later he got laid that night - WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY too much info). It was a fantastic game, especially with my boy alongside me. In spite of the morans that were harassing an old man.

I was at a Steelers/Cowboy game here in Pitt 5-6 years ago. Went with my wife and inlaws (all 3 Steeler fans).
We had two fans in front of us wearing Cowboy jerseys that never acted up or were rude to anyone around them. No booing, nothing rude/obnoxious, not too loud, just mainly clapping and mild cheering. A group of Steeler fans sitting directly behind us decided it was their job to ruin the night of these Cowboy fans. They were absolutely horrible towards the Cowboy fans.
It got bad enough that my father in law and I actually told the Steeler fans to calm down because they were ruining our nights as well. It was easily the worst experience Ive experienced with fans. I've went to countless IU/PU games in West Lafayette and never dealt with anything like these Pitt fans.

I was, with Little O (taking him back to The U, he told me later he got laid that night - WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY too much info). It was a fantastic game, especially with my boy alongside me. In spite of the morans that were harassing an old man.

So he was having a naked Sunday?

Now, it's second nature.

I was in the RCA dome for the Vanderjagt against the Steelers. Season ticket holder for many years during that era. That was ugly, followed by the saddest group of drunks I've ever been around over the next many hours.

Was also there in same seats for the AFC Champ game when the Pats were finally slayed the following year.That was my final season ticket game ever. Not much to see after that

0uLRwcz.jpg

1975 (Hail Mary vs Cowboys)
I was a Vikings fan prior to the Colts coming to Indy.
That was offensive pass interference on Drew Pearson. I think an orange was thrown into the end zone as the play ended. I was sure that the orange was a flag thrown by the ref to call OPI. That play still pisses me off.

Was that the season that AP came just a few yards short of the record?

my football heart was shredded when Roger Craig fumbled away a 3-peat to the NYG in 1990.
I was 16 and 25 years later i still feel the pain.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT