ADVERTISEMENT

Who ya got in the race to the authoritarian bottom? Bibi vs Trump...

cosmickid

Hall of Famer
Oct 23, 2009
I'm completely at a loss as to how Israel ever allowed Netanyahu anywhere near the Presidency after his history. Of course it's a coalition Govt and he certainly wasn't elected by any majority, but tit's still mindboggling. I haven't been paying much attention, but it seems like all the fears about creeping authoritarianism are certainly proving to have been well placed...

Netanyahu by far, he’s re-elected- not sure Trump won’t be jailed or dead by 2024, almost certain he will not win another general election. Why you may ask? A bunch of folks in the center- ya know those who evaluate candidates- gave him a chance in 2016- including myself. However Trump utterly failed- no wall paid for by Mexico, 25% of our federal debt in a mere four years, swamp not drained. That’s a terrible president, and then he tried his BS Green Bay Sweep- if God cared about evil his ass will have a GBM or dementia soon enough and the day of his death may be a federal holiday- he’s that much against democracy

Netanyahu by far, he’s re-elected- not sure Trump won’t be jailed or dead by 2024, almost certain he will not win another general election. Why you may ask? A bunch of folks in the center- ya know those who evaluate candidates- gave him a chance in 2016- including myself. However Trump utterly failed- no wall paid for by Mexico, 25% of our federal debt in a mere four years, swamp not drained. That’s a terrible president, and then he tried his BS Green Bay Sweep- if God cared about evil his ass will have a GBM or dementia soon enough and the day of his death may be a federal holiday- he’s that much against democracy
Trump did your wife didn’t he?
Wait, did trump do you? Oh wow.

The importance of a constitution folks. The Supreme Court of Israel was accountable to essentially no one and nothing (think Democratic SCOTUS nominations over here, but no one to even them out).

Reform was definitely needed. They could overturn duly passed laws on the basis of a “reasonableness” standard.

As it stands the coalitions initial proposal was maybe too sweeping but this is a good compromise.

Last edited:
Mnangagwa for the win.

Trump and Netanyahu haven’t even left the Overton window

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT