ADVERTISEMENT

Who is planning to attend the BMW Championship at Crooked Stick?

@tbone6004 question regarding weather policy (lightning). Have tickets to Friday and have access to one of the tents surrounding 18. If lightning (forecast is looking iffy on Friday) occurs can we still stay in tents or is whole course evacuated regardless?

Which leads me to the no re-entry policy. Assuming if weather causes evacuation we can still get back in? Just trying to cover a few contingencies if forecast plays out. Thanks in advance.

Forecast looks shaky Thur-Sat right now. Heavy rains at times. 1 to 2 inches of rain by Sat. Not good.

Forecast looks shaky Thur-Sat right now. Heavy rains at times. 1 to 2 inches of rain by Sat. Not good.

Yeah, I'm not happy about this.

Only good thing is typically the forecast does about a 180 when we're still this far away. At least I hope so...

Only good thing is typically the forecast does about a 180 when we're still this far away. At least I hope so...
I'm trying to get out there on Friday so this would suck.

Reactions: C-$

Did you see the "rain plan" for parking? If it rains and is too wet to park in grass fields off 146th, they are having people park off high school rd, at the old f'n airport lot.

Did you see the "rain plan" for parking? If it rains and is too wet to park in grass fields off 146th, they are having people park off high school rd, at the old f'n airport lot.

No, but I live only a couple miles away, so we're planning on taking an Uber to the drop-off location off of Towne in between 106th & 116th.

No, but I live only a couple miles away, so we're planning on taking an Uber to the drop-off location off of Towne in between 106th & 116th.

Was considering uber as well, but worried with being stranded if there is weather. Also not sure how the supply of drivers will be. I've had some bad experience with uber surge pricing during high demand times.

@tbone6004 question regarding weather policy (lightning). Have tickets to Friday and have access to one of the tents surrounding 18. If lightning (forecast is looking iffy on Friday) occurs can we still stay in tents or is whole course evacuated regardless?

Which leads me to the no re-entry policy. Assuming if weather causes evacuation we can still get back in? Just trying to cover a few contingencies if forecast plays out. Thanks in advance.

I looked through my materials and there is nothing regarding re-entry after a total evacuation of the tournament. You likely would be able to wait out the storm in the tent to which you have access . Weekly passes allow re-entry but daily passes do not. I waited out a 3 hour downpour at the President's Cup at Muirfield Village a couple years ago. Luckily, i had access to a tent with free food and drink.

The Tournament has total discretion on matters like this so they could decide to allow re-entry.

I looked through my materials and there is nothing regarding re-entry after a total evacuation of the tournament. You likely would be able to wait out the storm in the tent to which you have access . Weekly passes allow re-entry but daily passes do not. I waited out a 3 hour downpour at the President's Cup at Muirfield Village a couple years ago. Luckily, i had access to a tent with free food and drink.

The Tournament has total discretion on matters like this so they could decide to allow re-entry.

I phoned tourney office yesterday. Basically what I was told is he didn't know. We both laughed and assumed that if forced evacuation happened we could get back on grounds.....hopefully.

Saw they already moved parking shuttle from 146th and Towne to Indy Airport. I think Uber is going to be my best route.

I phoned tourney office yesterday. Basically what I was told is he didn't know. We both laughed and assumed that if forced evacuation happened we could get back on grounds.....hopefully.

Saw they already moved parking shuttle from 146th and Towne to Indy Airport. I think Uber is going to be my best route.

The Indy airport parking is only for Thursday and Friday. Weekend parking will be on the Pennsylvania St. location. I will be working in the tournament office Friday all morning till noon. It should be interesting to see what happens if the storms hit.

So coming from the south side on Sunday, where would you all recommend we park? Took a shuttle last time but can't remember where we caught it.

It's a five minute bike ride for me if they have racks.
you get two thumbs up from me: biking if you can to a PGA event is the way to go, and Friday is my favorite tourney day. Fun to be out there when you are normally working but you can't beat the view from the couch for the weekends! Good plan if the weather cooperates!

So coming from the south side on Sunday, where would you all recommend we park? Took a shuttle last time but can't remember where we caught it.

The address for Sunday to pick up the shuttle is 11815 N. Pennsylvania Street, Carmel.

DId anyone else see Sergio practicing with a left handed putter yesterday? I wonder if he will put it in play.

DId anyone else see Sergio practicing with a left handed putter yesterday? I wonder if he will put it in play.

Sergio putting right handed today.

Highly recommended finding someone that owns a BMW, if you don't yourself. The BMW owners pavilion is pretty nice on a hot day. You just need a BMW key/fob

Why would they not push up the tee times this morning knowing all the rain and storms are coming in later this afternoon?

A flute with no holes, is not a flute. A donut with no hole, is a Danish.

Reactions: twenty02
So my buddy got his hands on a BMW. Guess we can park in the BMW lot now. That will be nice not having to deal with shuttles.

Where is the BMW lot anyway?

So my buddy got his hands on a BMW. Guess we can park in the BMW lot now. That will be nice not having to deal with shuttles.

I don't have my tournament materials with me so I cannot give you the address of the BMW lot. However, in order to park there you have to reserve a spot on line. I would assume when you do that they will tell you.

Reactions: IU40IU
Why would they not push up the tee times this morning knowing all the rain and storms are coming in later this afternoon?

A flute with no holes, is not a flute. A donut with no hole, is a Danish.

I don't understand why they didn't move the tee times up either. The forecast for tomorrow is also worse in the afternoon so i wonder if they will do that tomorrow.

I don't have my tournament materials with me so I cannot give you the address of the BMW lot. However, in order to park there you have to reserve a spot on line. I would assume when you do that they will tell you.
Ok thanks. Yea I knew you need the VIN number to register the vehicle. Probably given further instructions then.

Ok thanks. Yea I knew you need the VIN number to register the vehicle. Probably given further instructions then.

You can show up at the BMW Pavillion for free food and drink without making reservations but parking requires reservations. I heard there have been days where the parking is full and people cannot get spots. I would get on that ASAP.

You can show up at the BMW Pavillion for free food and drink without making reservations but parking requires reservations. I heard there have been days where the parking is full and people cannot get spots. I would get on that ASAP.

I promise you there is nothing free about the food/drink in the bmw owners pavilion. Beers are $8-9, mixed drinks $11. Food is similarly priced. Great spot to watch from though.

I promise you there is nothing free about the food/drink in the bmw owners pavilion. Beers are $8-9, mixed drinks $11. Food is similarly priced. Great spot to watch from though.

Really. I didn't realize that. Not as good a deal as I thought. You can buy food at the Biergarten for those prices.

In 2012, it was at Coxhall Gardens (116th & Towne).

I assume it's the same spot.

Nah, it's only the good viewing location,
In 2012, it was at Coxhall Gardens (116th & Towne).

I assume it's the same spot.

I saw signs for the BWM lot down off 86th st, between Meridian and Spring Mill.

However, the lot is now at capacity for all tourney days...so they're out of luck anyway.

Park at C$'s house. Uber over. Even with surge, it won't be that bad because of the distance.

When do shuttles start running Sunday? BMW lot is full. We are back to plebeian status.

The whole situation is fluid. You'll need to check the website tonight to find out when shuttles start running tomorrow.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT