ADVERTISEMENT

Who is planning to attend the BMW Championship at Crooked Stick?

Eppy99

All-American
Gold Member
Oct 27, 2001
I was looking to head out there possibly on Thursday or maybe Friday. Looks like grounds tickets are $78 and there's a couple upgraded options which allow access to some hospitality tents. The Dye club upgrade is $130, there's also a extremely expensive 1899 club. Of course if anyone has an extra ticket feel free to email me :).

Would be fun for a little AOTF get together.

We are going on Friday. If you know anyone with a BMW get them to take you. Valet parking in a special lot & a hospitality area for person with key fob & one guest. You'll need to provide a vin up front on the tournament website for the parking pass...

Last edited:
We are going on Friday. If you know anyone with a BMW get them to take you. Valet parking in a special lot & a hospitality area for person with key fob & one guest. You'll need to provide a vin up front for the parking pass...
Thanks for the heads up.

I was looking to head out there possibly on Thursday or maybe Friday. Looks like grounds tickets are $78 and there's a couple upgraded options which allow access to some hospitality tents. The Dye club upgrade is $130, there's also a extremely expensive 1899 club. Of course if anyone has an extra ticket feel free to email me :).

I'll be there on Friday (with the GF) & Saturday (with buddies) for sure.

I may end up going another day as well.

I'll be there on Friday (with the GF) & Saturday (with buddies) for sure.

I may end up going another day as well.
Seems like you've got that all wrong. Shouldn't it be drinking buddies on Friday while skipping out on work and the GF on Sat?

Headed out on Friday. Buddy got some freebies for hospitality tent and some other private access. Never been so if anyone has a suggestion on best holes to watch or best places to be I would appreciate.

Seems like you've got that all wrong. Shouldn't it be drinking buddies on Friday while skipping out on work and the GF on Sat?

Nah... I'm only in the office half day on Fridays anyway.

Buddy has badass corporate tix for Sat...

Be out there Friday. I didn't go a few years back. How does the BMW compare to Valhalla?

Headed out on Friday. Buddy got some freebies for hospitality tent and some other private access. Never been so if anyone has a suggestion on best holes to watch or best places to be I would appreciate.

Last time there was a big viewing platform by the lake between 10 and 18 with beer sales. We hung there for a good while.

I'll likely be out there Friday, possibly Thursday as well.

Last time there was a big viewing platform by the lake between 10 and 18 with beer sales. We hung there for a good while.

I'll likely be out there Friday, possibly Thursday as well.

Thanks. I played out there years ago but haven't been back since. Couldn't remember the course well enough to know best places for tourney. Good part is limited players. Find a good spot and you can see 4 groups in an hour right in front of you.

Thanks. I played out there years ago but haven't been back since. Couldn't remember the course well enough to know best places for tourney. Good part is limited players. Find a good spot and you can see 4 groups in an hour right in front of you.

Tiger was playing in 2012, so that drew masses of people away from everyone else.

We sat and watched behind #6 tee (the par 3 over the creek/lake) for a while. It's a good hole, and there is a entire hillside to the right that makes a natural amphitheatre.

We walked a good bit of the front, then ventured to the back and found that beer patio. We drank there for a couple hours, then watched the last groups come through 17.

They've redesigned 17, adding a big lake on the left, so that may be a good spot too now.

It's the best PGA event I've ever attended, by a mile.

It did win "tournament" of the year that year, and for good reason.

Well that's good to hear because I can't imagine a facility being any more patron friendly than Valhalla.

Well that's good to hear because I can't imagine a facility being any more patron friendly than Valhalla.

To be fair, I haven't been there.

As cool as Whistling Straits was last year, it paled in comparison to my experience at Crooked Stick for the BMW.

I think the main thing for me was how close we get to the players there...

I may be there all four days.....but most likely just the weekend rounds....depends on how many tickets I can score from my "connection". :)

I was there in 2012 for the Sat. and Sunday rounds.....also went to a practice round that Tuesday before......by far the best sporting event I've ever experienced.

Reactions: twenty02 and C-$

I am a volunteer in the tournament office this year. I will be there every day except Thursday. I was out there today and it is a very busy place. All kinds of construction is going on for stands and other structures.I will buy you a beer Eppy99 if you happen to make it out. Hint: there is only one day when the players will be able to play a practice round- Tuesday. That afternoon would be a great time to come out. All of the players will be arriving from Boston where the tournament ends on Monday. There will be lots of autograph opportunities for the kids if you are interested in bringing them out. Wednesday is the pro-am which should be a snoozer so I would not come to that except that I have suite passes for that day so I will be there partaking of some vitamin H.

Reactions: Eppy99

I was going to play in it, but I had to pull out at the last minute because I have to work Thursday and Friday. vbg

Reactions: cryano

I'll be there Thursday and Friday entertaining clients. Saturday and Sunday tix went to managers and vps

I will also be there most days. We have company tickets to the snooty areas. I also drive a BMW so I shall have a good experience!

I was going to play in it, but I had to pull out at the last minute because I have to work Thursday and Friday. vbg

You're the Tom Crean of golf.

sendinclown.jpg

Reactions: kkott
I am a volunteer in the tournament office this year. I will be there every day except Thursday. I was out there today and it is a very busy place. All kinds of construction is going on for stands and other structures.I will buy you a beer Eppy99 if you happen to make it out. Hint: there is only one day when the players will be able to play a practice round- Tuesday. That afternoon would be a great time to come out. All of the players will be arriving from Boston where the tournament ends on Monday. There will be lots of autograph opportunities for the kids if you are interested in bringing them out. Wednesday is the pro-am which should be a snoozer so I would not come to that except that I have suite passes for that day so I will be there partaking of some vitamin H.

Honestly, my favorite day to actually watch the golfers is the Tuesday practice rounds. It's interesting to watch how they analyze holes and determine bail out areas, etc... If you're a golfer, find someone you like and follow them for a couple holes. They will roll balls all over the greens trying to guess at the various hole locations and generally go all around the greens to try and figure out bail outs or where a misplaced shot might land. It's fun to watch them drop a 2nd or 3rd ball and try different clubs, elevations, approaches. If they ever hit the same club a 2nd time, it's usually radar-locked to the target. They really are freaks. Plus, they are looser and will talk some generally and just not tournament tense.

I also like playing hookey on Fridays and being out there, but on the weekends with bigger crowds, you can't beat the view from the couch. I usually give weekend tix to clients. The PGA Championship is here in Charlotte next year at Quail Hollow and we just ordered our tickets a couple weeks ago.

Surprisingly one of the worst viewing golf experiences I ever had was the Ryder Cup at Valhalla in 2008. They let huge crowds on the course and in team play everything is congested in to 2-3 holes, so it's hard to see. We ended up staying at the corporate tent where we had free drinks and food and just watching from the deck when they were on the hole we were on. Still a great environment, but not viewer friendly at all.

Last edited:
Honestly, my favorite day to actually watch the golfers is the Tuesday practice rounds. It's interesting to watch how they analyze holes and determine bail out areas, etc... If you're a golfer, find someone you like and follow them for a couple holes. They will roll balls all over the greens trying to guess at the various hole locations and generally go all around the greens to try and figure out bail outs or where a misplaced shot might land. It's fun to watch them drop a 2nd or 3rd ball and try different clubs, elevations, approaches. If they ever hit the same club a 2nd time, it's usually radar-locked to the target. They really are freaks.

I also like playing hookey on Fridays and being out there, but on the weekends with bigger crowds, you can't beat the view from the couch. I usually give weekend tix to clients. The PGA Championship is here in Charlotte next year at Quail Hollow and we just ordered our tickets a couple weeks ago.

Surprisingly one of the worst viewing golf experiences I ever had was the Ryder Cup at Valhalla in 2008. They let huge crowds on the course and in team play everything is congested in to 2-3 holes, so it's hard to see. We ended up staying at the corporate tent where we had free drinks and food and just watching from the deck when they were on the hole we were on. Still a great environment, but not viewer friendly at all.

Yeah, Ryder Cup is not good for spectators

Reactions: OldChargey
We are going on Friday. If you know anyone with a BMW get them to take you. Valet parking in a special lot & a hospitality area for person with key fob & one guest. You'll need to provide a vin up front on the tournament website for the parking pass...
I went with my FiL a few years ago and we drove a BMW. Parking in that lot with row after row of Beamers was pretty surreal. Had a great time at the hospitality tents with free food and drink. We set up right behind the 13th green. It was perfect. Watch shots tee to green and then turn and watch them tee off on 14. It was fantastic.

Reactions: IU40IU and C-$
I went with my FiL a few years ago and we drove a BMW. Parking in that lot with row after row of Beamers was pretty surreal. Had a great time at the hospitality tents with free food and drink. We set up right behind the 13th green. It was perfect. Watch shots tee to green and then turn and watch them tee off on 14. It was fantastic.

You gonna be there this year? I owe you a beer or six.

You gonna be there this year? I owe you a beer or six.
I'm not sure if he got tix again. He got them before through business with Comcast. He hasn't said anything, so I doubt it but who knows. You don't owe me a beer, dude. I was glad to get you that beer. Hope you're doing well. Besides, I'm drinking a lot less these days. Trying to cut weight, which gets harder with each passing year.

I'm not sure if he got tix again. He got them before through business with Comcast. He hasn't said anything, so I doubt it but who knows. You don't owe me a beer, dude. I was glad to get you that beer. Hope you're doing well. Besides, I'm drinking a lot less these days. Trying to cut weight, which gets harder with each passing year.

Check with McNutt, can't imagine a better day than drinks and cigars with he and his customers at a PGA event. He'd probably only find about 4 dozen etiquette violations with pro's and their caddies.

I had trouble dropping weight a few months ago. I've been lucky and only had to ramp up exercise in the past to cut weight, but it wasn't getting it done this time. I then made a point to try and eat a salad for 1 meal a day, and bam, that did the trick. It's made me feel better too, so maybe give that a try. I've really had to cut back on beer, but that's made me feel better too.

Reactions: hoosierdug
Apparently the Market District lot is the home to all the BMW official vehicles. Quite a few beemers there right now.

Golf tournaments in the south are fun because of all the eye candy. Haven't been to a tournament at Crooked Stick in a while, but the eye candy was not that great.

That being said, if you like golf, I would strongly recommend seeing a tournament. Absolutely stunning how those pros hit the ball.

Golf tournaments in the south are fun because of all the eye candy. Haven't been to a tournament at Crooked Stick in a while, but the eye candy was not that great.

That being said, if you like golf, I would strongly recommend seeing a tournament. Absolutely stunning how those pros hit the ball.
The Memorial Tournament, on the times I have been there, has outstanding eye candy. All of Columbus' finest come out for the occasion.

Reactions: BigMobe

It amazes me that at every tournament I go to there are women dressed up wearing spike heels walking around the course with their usually older husband or boyfriend. How you can negotiate a golf course in those heels I will never understand.

I will be there tuesday, wednesday, friday and sunday.

Dang, I hate to hear that. It's a long ways away, but was tentatively planning on going to Bethpage in 2024 for the Ryder Cup.

Eh, you can still go and have fun, just don't expect to be able to easily view a lot of golf.

It amazes me that at every tournament I go to there are women dressed up wearing spike heels walking around the course with their usually older husband or boyfriend. How you can negotiate a golf course in those heels I will never understand.

I will be there tuesday, wednesday, friday and sunday.
Since this weeks tourney doesn't end until Monday are you still expecting Tuesday to be a big practice day?

It is the only chance most will have for a practice round. Some guys who missed the cut in Boston will be there Monday, but there is an Evans Scholar pro am that day. It is not as big as the Wednesday pro am though.

@tbone6004 question regarding weather policy (lightning). Have tickets to Friday and have access to one of the tents surrounding 18. If lightning (forecast is looking iffy on Friday) occurs can we still stay in tents or is whole course evacuated regardless?

Which leads me to the no re-entry policy. Assuming if weather causes evacuation we can still get back in? Just trying to cover a few contingencies if forecast plays out. Thanks in advance.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT