ADVERTISEMENT

Which former IU players will have the most impact this season?

Shirtsandskins

All-Big Ten
Apr 10, 2016
interesting season coming up for former IU players.

Devin Davis-Houston
Max Hoetzel-SDSU
Stan Robinson-Rhode Island
Hanner-ETSU
Jeremiah April-?
Emmitt Holt-Providence

Has a school ever had this many former players eligible in one season?

Shirtandskins where have you been thought something happen to you. My vote is Emmit Holt. He is the only one that maybe would get playing time this year shows how deep we are.Your pick?

I will be up late at night wondering how Hanner is doing at ETSU.
The only thing that will take up more of my time is wondering how former walk-ons are doing.
Time for another walk-on thread.

Reactions: schmib
Shirtandskins where have you been thought something happen to you. My vote is Emmit Holt. He is the only one that maybe would get playing time this year shows how deep we are.Your pick?
Were you able to find that Scruggs quote?

Yes it was on inside the hall also some interesting comments from Kris Wikes dad as well. No longer available. If you know anything about recruiting coaches dont promise playing time. It is a possible infraction something that is rarely enforced but can raise a red flag. Another concern of Scruggs is IU is still heavily involved with Tremont Waters who at this point IU feels is a better point guard. I was the first one to bring up that Scruggs shot needs a lot of help. Sometimes i belief some of you no more about a situation than i do maybe this is

Yes it was on inside the hall also some interesting comments from Kris Wikes dad as well. No longer available. If you know anything about recruiting coaches dont promise playing time. It is a possible infraction something that is rarely enforced but can raise a red flag. Another concern of Scruggs is IU is still heavily involved with Tremont Waters who at this point IU feels is a better point guard. I was the first one to bring up that Scruggs shot needs a lot of help. Sometimes i belief some of you no more about a situation than i do maybe this is
"No longer available" = "You made it up".

Believe what you want then. If you notice one thing recruits like about CTC is that he tells them what they need to work on to get playing time. It was no different with Paul. Back to the thread. I think Devin Davis could help Houston if healthy.

Believe what you want then. If you notice one thing recruits like about CTC is that he tells them what they need to work on to get playing time. It was no different with Paul. Back to the thread. I think Devin Davis could help Houston if healthy.
Plenty of things you could've said to promote Crean or talk up IU's chances with Scruggs or Wilkes, but you flat out made something up. You have enough trouble keeping up here. Inventing comments to bolster your position greatly undermines your credibility.

Reactions: Rakkasan29
In the NBA I'm assuming.

Victor Oladipo-I think he and Westbrook could really form a great duo
Noah Vonleh-turned 21 yesterday.....and continues to get better minutes
Cody Zeller-Nothing flashy. Just a another 10 years in the league for him

Yogi/Troy-I think Yogi will end up really impacting 2nd unit this year. We'll see on how Troy fits in with Memphis. He obviously played well enough to get partial guaranteed contract.

Reactions: enfield

Crean does - or at least has to Scruggs.

Google paul scruggs iu told me i'd start and see what you get. You'll see a link for a Scout article (IU visit: What hit home with Paul Scruggs) that is premium, but it has this content with that link:

“They told me that I would start as a freshman"

Still want to claim you know the situation? Because you don't.

1. Holt
2. Davis

Holt can play. Out of all those listed above, I was most disappointed in losing Holt. That kid just has a knack for the ball and was very good with positioning as a freshman.

Does any one on planet Hoosier honestly believe Crean is the only college coach who tells recruits what they need to work on? Sheer nonsense. And good coaches don't make any promises regarding playing time.

Reactions: Hoogolf
He reminded me of OG some i think your description of having a knack for the ball is spot on. Some kids just seem to have it.

Why hasnt Scruggs signed with X. See what you know about his recruiting.
The last I was told was "He's working on Wilkes".

I'll trust my source more than you. Hell, you didn't even know Scruggs had been promised to start by Crean.

While IU is not dead on Scruggs, it will be a big shock if Paul goes anywhere other than Xavier. Really the only question right now is if Wilkes joins him in Cincinnati - although Ed Schilling is gonna have something to say on that one next month when Wilkes visits.

Hanner ? You might be right. Have you heard how he has done on and off the court. I guess no news is good news.

I'm cheering for Max Hoetzel to have a really great season... Kid was just not given the opportunity to show what he could do... especially after the Canadian games... which, if memory recalls, he did very well in... hard to show off your shooting abilities when your arse is glued to the bench... he saw the light and hopefully plays very well for SDSU... I'll keep an eye on him this season and keep you all informed of his progress... there might be a told you so coming shortly there after...

interesting season coming up for former IU players.

Devin Davis-Houston
Max Hoetzel-SDSU
Stan Robinson-Rhode Island
Hanner-ETSU
Jeremiah April-?
Emmitt Holt-Providence

Has a school ever had this many former players eligible in one season?
I am going to go with Davis. I don't expect Hanner to be any more effective at ETSU than he was playing against similar talent in our non-conference schedules. Emmitt is my second choice. I have a family member that coaches in the juco ranks that played against him and thought he was going to do well wherever he went. I just think Davis will be a good all around player.

Robinson could be the sleeper of the group. I thought he tried to do too much and just needed confidence.

Don't tell Boo or the Ferrells that you shouldn't promise playing time, they wouldn't be happy

Now back to the topic. Cant let you trolls hijack every topic. Stan Robinson might surprise if he learned what hand to shoot with.

You two are all ready holding your breath waiting for the other to post " i like this"reminds me of two jr high girls. Its just tearing you somebody knows something you dont. Now refocus on the thread. Ill help you out what kind of year will Stan Robinson have. Come on you can do it.

You two are all ready holding your breath waiting for the other to post " i like this"reminds me of two jr high girls. Its just tearing you somebody knows something you dont. Now refocus on the thread. Ill help you out what kind of year will Stan Robinson have. Come on you can do it.
Seeing I didn't care for Stan while he was here, he is the guy I care least about. Emmitt will probably do the most.

That still doesn't take away from you saying there is a quote of PS being told by the IU staff IF he improved his outside shot, he'd get all the playing time he wants. Yet you can't produce the quote - and all other interviews have PS himself being quoted as the IU staff telling him he'd start.

I think the former IU player who will have the biggest impact on their new team is Dwayne wade. He played for IU right? Some of you seem to think he did

You made something up, Niego. Flat out lied in attributing a quote to Scruggs that he never said. It's what junior high girls do.

He was on pace for 3000 posts in record time. He'll get there, so glad to see him trolling with more of these types of posts. The agenda is strong with him.

The last I was told was "He's working on Wilkes".

I'll trust my source more than you. Hell, you didn't even know Scruggs had been promised to start by Crean.

While IU is not dead on Scruggs, it will be a big shock if Paul goes anywhere other than Xavier. Really the only question right now is if Wilkes joins him in Cincinnati - although Ed Schilling is gonna have something to say on that one next month when Wilkes visits.

Recruiting is a fluid process where you might be in the know in one moment but not the next.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT