ADVERTISEMENT

Where were you?

Hoopsdoc1978

All-American
Apr 13, 2016
Epsom Indiana
Everyone remembers exactly where they were and what they were doing.

I was 23 years old, working at my first job. We stopped the whole shop and watched on the break room television. I’ll never forget it. No one knew at the time if that was it or we were under attack. There were rumors about planes hitting numerous targets.

I remember coming home from working and crying with my wife over what we were witnessing.

I was 23 years old, working at my first job. We stopped the whole shop and watched on the break room television. I’ll never forget it. No one knew at the time if that was it or we were under attack. There were rumors about planes hitting numerous targets.

I remember coming home from working and crying with my wife over what we were witnessing.
In a conference room in west palm. Watched it with my boss on the big screen. By 11 our building was getting bomb threats. The entire building was evacuated and outside standing around waiting for instructions. There's an outdoor mall called city place that was within walking distance to the office. Me and a couple office friends walked over there and got real drunk and never went back to work.

The days following our office building was routinely evacuated with random bomb threats.

We had loads of officials in our office for months thereafter because the bin ladens had been long time clients.

I was trying to remember. Wasn't this around the time anthrax was a thing and we were all afraid of the mail? I remember an office in boca got it but I had thought it was a national scare.

Brutal time but the silver lining was we felt united and together - if memory serves me. Howard stern's anger sticks with me as I used to listen to him at work a lot.

Not to make things political and I'm an anti gov guy but interesting to note then security at airports was privately run. Was far less strict and invited issues. It's certainly tightened up under tsa - as goofy as your typical tsa agent may be

Last edited:
I was driving into work. Late for some reason that day. Was listening to Bob and Tom which was usual for the time. They had mentioned the first plane hit but it was treated like a weird accident. Then the second plane hit and they suddenly became serious in a way that was completely out of character. It was jolting. So I get to the office and because this was in the early days of internet and phone notifications nobody knew. I walked in and was asking people if they knew what was happening and they said no. I grabbed the 3-4 folks near me and beelined it to the break room. Work just stopped for the next couple days. And nobody cared.

Side note: My incredibly liberal, pacifist aunt and her husband had lived in New York for years. They were ready to nuke just about anybody or anything for revenge. It was personal to them.

every year about right now actually I turn on the YouTube video of cnn’s broadcast that day to remember the events. Still surreal after all these years.

Was 22 and was working a 5 day then 4 day flex work time. It was my day off. I woke up, turned on the TV in my apartment and then started getting something to eat. Saw that a small plane was reported to have hit the WTC. Watched the second plane hit.

"Oh my God."

You had a rough idea of what was going on...I got to spend the rest of the day kind of stewing by myself until my girlfriend at the time got home that evening. Obviously what happened dominated what was on TV and what people talked about over the next days and weeks. And you kind of floated between sadness and anger.

every year about right now actually I turn on the YouTube video of cnn’s broadcast that day to remember the events. Still surreal after all these years.

To each his own. Me, I don't need prodding to remember and have no desire to relive it. I've got Animal Planet on the tube right now and will be avoiding all the 9-11 coverage.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT