ADVERTISEMENT

what sucks

Losing to Penn State, the Wisconsin collapse, teaching lessons at Northwestern, and losing to stinking Rutgers at home are just killers. Have a few for me too. I need it.
Don’t forget Ohio State and Syracuse.

I really can’t believe what I saw at the end of that game today. X just fell apart on three straight trips. Kopp out bounds? Stewart missed wide open three?

X launched a half court shot lol

You can’t fix stupid

I really can’t believe what I saw at the end of that game today. X just fell apart on three straight trips. Kopp out bounds? Stewart missed wide open three?

You can’t fix stupid
Yes you can fix stupid basketball IQ by coaching and recruiting. Having played HS ball in Indiana and watching it for 60 years I have always felt Hoosier kids had a natural ability to play smart and understand the game.

I don't believe that the door is closed there. We were in most brackets' first four out. Lunardi had us the first team out. I think one win in the BTT could do it depending on what other teams do. You guys all have us out, but I think there is a real chance.
That would require, you know, one win in the BTT. It ain't happening.

If IND can't beat MICH at home, they won't be able to beat them on the Pacers' home court either. We have no match for Dickinson.

It’s inexcusable that this roster misses the tournament. I believe the weak non conference schedule really hurt us.

One night in Chicago. That’s when this season flipped.
Yes and no. We were already trending a bit downward prior to that--we got curbstomped by MICH after the fluke win over PUR, and are 4-8 since PUR (soon to be 4-9).

Michigan shot out their ass in AH. They won't have that sort of game again.
Even if they don't, we...can't...shoot. I don't expect we'll even get to 60 on Thursday.

It’s inexcusable that this roster misses the tournament. I believe the weak non conference schedule really hurt us.
Meh--tougher non-con means we'd likely be 15-15 instead of 18-12, and we wouldn't be considered anyway.

Reactions: 82hoosier
Yes and no. We were already trending a bit downward prior to that--we got curbstomped by MICH after the fluke win over PUR, and are 4-8 since PUR (soon to be 4-9).

Even if they don't, we...can't...shoot. I don't expect we'll even get to 60 on Thursday.

Meh--tougher non-con means we'd likely be 15-15 instead of 18-12, and we wouldn't be considered anyway.
What a loser mentality. Someone should tell Calipari and Coach K that. Playing better teams would’ve prepared us early.

What a loser mentality. Someone should tell Calipari and Coach K that. Playing better teams would’ve prepared us early.
Oh, I think we were prepared. We just weren't any damn good. Schedule doesn't change that.

All the preparation they needed was in the 22-point gag at WISC. Didn't teach them a farking thing.

And really, the warning sign was there on Day 1. We led EMU by 17 at the half. They cut it to 1 with 3 minutes left. That alone should've suggested that they needed to be better prepared. Instead, they continued to collapse on big leads game after game against better competition. WISC twice. IOWA. OSU (second game--first game was the anomaly). Even some games we won we had double-digit leads that we barely held. PUR at home. ND. SJU. And the ultimate in near-collapses--MINN.

Not to mention MRSH led us 37-21 at one point. NEB got off to a 14-4 lead against us in Bloomington. And SYR was a disaster. Yeah, we did a great job in coming back, only to fritter it away in OT.

This team was more than prepared. We just aren't good.

Last edited:

X launched a half court shot lol

You can’t fix stupid
Just showed you the major deficiencies this team had. That wasn’t going to be fixed by coaching, especially since those guys are upperclassmen and they are who they are. Woodson is recruiting shooters and guys who are scorers and can be counted on in crunch time. This team has none of that. We’re damn lucky we split with Purdue and had a chance to win both. No way, with Purdue’s talent and depth, we should’ve been in today’s game, especially at Mackey. Woodson has them playing defense and it gives them a chance.

is we are a tournament team
You are your record. They can’t close out the close ones, the roster is lacking a go-to scorer, and it’s lacking in other places. Woody is not there yet as a big-time college coach. The staff needs to get better and we need better players and growth in the youngsters we have.

Reactions: Lucy01 and Al Bino
Oh, I think we were prepared. We just weren't any damn good. Schedule doesn't change that.

All the preparation they needed was in the 22-point gag at WISC. Didn't teach them a farking thing.

And really, the warning sign was there on Day 1. We led EMU by 17 at the half. They cut it to 1 with 3 minutes left. That alone should've suggested that they needed to be better prepared. Instead, they continued to collapse on big leads game after game against better competition. WISC twice. IOWA. OSU (second game--first game was the anomaly). Even some games we won we had double-digit leads that we barely held. PUR at home. ND. SJU. And the ultimate in near-collapses--MINN.

Not to mention MRSH led us 37-21 at one point. NEB got off to a 14-4 lead against us in Bloomington. And SYR was a disaster. Yeah, we did a great job in coming back, only to fritter it away in OT.

This team was more than prepared. We just aren't good.
We are good enough to make the ncaa. If we were not any darn good how did we have a chance to win every single one of our last four losses? We are terrible at finishing but we were plenty good to make the ncaa. I know that not what woodson rah rah guys want to hear but its true. If we really stunk we would be getting blown out of these games.

3 wins, playing the finals may be enough ….
We have not won three in a row since the preseason. The problem is to win three in a row you will likely have to win close games. I just dont think a switch will suddenly get flipped to win close games. You are talking about beating likely michigan, wisconsin, and some other good team on a neutral court in three days. Its a nice thought but hard to imagine it could happen.

We are good enough to make the ncaa. If we were not any darn good how did we have a chance to win every single one of our last four losses? We are terrible at finishing but we were plenty good to make the ncaa. I know that not what woodson rah rah guys want to hear but its true. If we really stunk we would be getting blown out of these games.
No we’re not. Good teams finish. That’s why we’re not good enough. And we’ve given up enough double-digit runs in both wins and losses to give me pause. Games are 40 minutes. More often than not, we’re getting blown out for at least 10-15. Shots that fell early stopped falling. Teams can also foul us knowing they likely won’t lose more than 1 point as a result. And the warning signs were there from Game 1.

When a 27-point lead is barely safe, you’re not good enough. Because it means that for what most teams is a safe lead is not safe enough for us.

how can you clowns syt e suck finging idiots if purdue is top 8 in nation we are better than the, miised so many opportuinities , anyne tells you sme shit called south comfort goodb shot don 10nthey lied to you

We have not won three in a row since the preseason. The problem is to win three in a row you will likely have to win close games. I just dont think a switch will suddenly get flipped to win close games. You are talking about beating likely michigan, wisconsin, and some other good team on a neutral court in three days. Its a nice thought but hard to imagine it could happen.
Yes, fair enough, but it is what it will likely take now to get a NCAA tourney bid.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT