ADVERTISEMENT

What is your confidence we beat Nebraska?

gene hackman flip a coin GIF

Reactions: 76-1
May as well, might be the last chance to do it...

I still hope we win... I've just learned, the hard way, not to expect it.

We've got a really cool, Ultra-laid back, Dude running things, who shows no real concern or urgency (too many years in the NBA) when it matters... He can teach graduate level basketball technique but evidently can't remember how to coach the basics (and it shows)... I still want us to win but..., much like the players..., can't bring myself to really care anymore...

- Looking forward to Spring Football... -
Your last sentence. I have never heard that before.
When that is true, things cannot plummet further.
True apathy has set in for us.

I predict (based on what I've seen so far) that we'll play fairly hard for the first 5 minutes (just enough to give a little false hope) then proceed to let them get out to a thirty point lead (on multiple unguarded threes, mixed with uncontested layups) while we proceed to miss 65% of our free throws and 85% of our threes, and 55% of our 2's... Woody will continue to work on perfecting his "concerned" look on the sideline...

The refs won't give us a break on anything close because they figure, why should they, we aren't playing hard and we're going nowhere fast... Anything close to equal physicality on our part will be considered a Flagrant Foul... (Thanks X -[his is the gift that keeps on giving]...).

Then..., we'll play extra hard for the last 4 minutes (just enough to make the score appear respectable to someone who didn't watch the whole debacle), and leave everyone who did watch it wondering why they didn't play that hard the entire game...

Woody will blame (fill in the blank here) and completely ignore the concept that his coaching (or lack thereof) might just be a big part of the problem...

Probable Woody quote: "It's just a tough situation with X out.., man..."
Dude, are you some sort of Tarot card gypsy?

Dude, are you some sort of Tarot card gypsy?
It's eery how close he came to totally nailing it. And good ol' TMP of course called it "dumb." I'm starting to believe he is being sarcastic with that never-ending refrain. He really means "that's brilliant! thank you for helping my little brain understand what I'm seeing!"

Reactions: Henry_Rosenthal
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT