ADVERTISEMENT

What concert are you most ashamed/embarrassed that you went to?

Pine Lake????

what's Pine Lake??
Pine Lake is a man made pay to fish lake with RV and Campground facilities. It is located right off of I -69 at the Pendleton, Indiana exit about 25 miles north of Indianapolis. The Deer Creek Music Center (or whatever it is called now) is located 5-7 miles away. So you basically have these band followers staying at the nearest, least costly facility they can find close to the Concert Venue.

I did some business in Indianapolis in the early 200's. One day on my way down I-69., I drove by Pine Lake, and it was totally out of character. It looked like leftovers from Woodstock but about 2 Generations Younger. One of the guys I met with did part time work as an Usher at Deer Creek. I mentioned it to him in passing, and he indicated to me they were the Phishheads who followed the Band around. Apparently the Deadheads with less access to showers, soap, and health facilities. I don't even want to think about the quality of the Groupies based upon what I saw.
I saw Phish at Alpine Valley about 10 years ago. Great time. I don't remember much past about midway through the show, but I know I had a good time.

I saw Phish at Alpine Valley about 10 years ago. Great time. I don't remember much past about midway through the show, but I know I had a good time.
The thing I remember most about the show was their cover of While My Guitar Gently Weeps (I'm not a Phish fan so most of their music was not familiar to me). My wife at the time and I were so high, and we were totally digging this song. Here's a clip of it from that same show.

Reactions: kkott
For me it might be Black Sabbath when I was in high school. Not because it was Sabbath, but because they did NOT show up and I was nearly involved in the riot that came close to erupting...

Luckily cooler heads prevailed, and the crowd's outrage was limited to loud boos and pelting the poor unfortunate locals recruited as a replacement with those plastic orange shaped drink containers that they used to sell at movies that were shown at the Lyric Theatre in downtown Indy. The details are blurry (it's been over 50 yrs) but I remember attending with some of my fellow student staff for the school radio station...

Got the idea for this topic from a thread on BTX. This post cracked me up and made me wonder if anyone here could top it...

"I've seen Limp Bizkit with Kid Rock. You can just end the thread right now."
steelers02547
Loverboy in '83 because she wanted to go.

Loverboy in '83 because she wanted to go.

Were they headliners? I think I saw them prior to that, maybe warming up for ZZ Top in 81? Never a Loverboy fan. I've seen ZZ Top a couple times and they were good, but played a short concert both times. Love their early stuff but another band that put out a lot of shit after the early 80s and has fallen out of my rotation for the most part.

For me it might be Black Sabbath when I was in high school. Not because it was Sabbath, but because they did NOT show up and I was nearly involved in the riot that came close to erupting...

Luckily cooler heads prevailed, and the crowd's outrage was limited to loud boos and pelting the poor unfortunate locals recruited as a replacement with those plastic orange shaped drink containers that they used to sell at movies that were shown at the Lyric Theatre in downtown Indy. The details are blurry (it's been over 50 yrs) but I remember attending with some of my fellow student staff for the school radio station...

Got the idea for this topic from a thread on BTX. This post cracked me up and made me wonder if anyone here could top it...

"I've seen Limp Bizkit with Kid Rock. You can just end the thread right now."
steelers02547
Ted Nugent and Aerosmith/ 1986? maybe. Evansville Mesker Amp.

I saw Katrina and the Waves in a bar in New Haven Connecticut one time. It was during their 15 minutes of Walkin' on Sunshine fame

Were they headliners? I think I saw them prior to that, maybe warming up for ZZ Top in 81? Never a Loverboy fan. I've seen ZZ Top a couple times and they were good, but played a short concert both times. Love their early stuff but another band that put out a lot of shit after the early 80s and has fallen out of my rotation for the most part.
Yes they were. The opening act was a band called Streets. Their lead singer was from Kansas. Steve Walsh?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT