ADVERTISEMENT

What are reasonble salaries to be paying football coaches?

Sope Creek

Hall of Famer
Feb 5, 2003
Drinkwitz, HC at Mizzou got a 2 year extension and a raise . . . from what had been a six year deal at $4 million a year plus incentives. His team played No. 1 UGA tough . . . at Mizzou. He parlayed that tough loss into an extension and raise . . . kinda like Allen parlayed the 2020 season and stunning upset of PSU into an extension of adhesion. (I don't blame the guy . . . he didn't take IU anyplace it didn't want to go.)

Mizzou's DC got a raise from $600k to $1.2 million plus an extension . . . .

CTA is at an average of about $4.9 million a year - without incentives - through 2027: https://www.espn.com/college-footba...n-gets-new-7-year-deal-1-million-annual-raise

Bell makes about $700k and Wilt makes about $550k.

Aside from what's reasonable, what would it take to get really successful coaches to succeed at IU?

For $5 million you can a damn good coach. The MAC coaches all make less than $ 1 million. The coordinator pay is low. If I was Allen, I'd cut my salary to $3 million and hire $1.5 million coordinators. He might survive if he did that.

For $5 million you can a damn good coach. The MAC coaches all make less than $ 1 million. The coordinator pay is low. If I was Allen, I'd cut my salary to $3 million and hire $1.5 million coordinators. He might survive if he did that.
The problem with that is he wants to be a coordinator. Need to find an actual HC.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT