ADVERTISEMENT

What a fun game !

Just got home. Man I could get used to those home environments.

Rourke better be back for MSU! Jackson is a 1 read QB. Little scary back there. Thought he would be better.
TJ is ok! He wasn’t ever daunted! Like CCC said, he just needs to learn and be better by experience! This team has had its 1st real test of adversity early on and passed the test! I got to say that our defense is legit though! I hope Fisher is ok, but any other IU defense from years past would have folded in these types of tough situations! Good win today, but beat MSU, and the talk of greatness can continue!

TJ is ok! He wasn’t ever daunted! Like CCC said, he just needs to learn and be better by experience! This team has had its 1st real test of adversity early on and passed the test! I got to say that our defense is legit though! I hope Fisher is ok, but any other IU defense from years past would have folded in these types of tough situations! Good win today, but beat MSU, and the talk of greatness can continue!
I guess I missed Fisher getting hurt,what type injury?

Agree. I also thought the offense controlled the last drive and did not let Washington O back on the field. That was a great offense drive.

I had not witnessed a full house like that in decades, having missed last week’s game. It was a beautiful sight to see with the waving white flags and all. This crowd is loving it and everyone is so stoked. Football has made us all proud to be Hoosiers again. Let’s keep it rolling for as long as we can!

Agree. I also thought the offense controlled the last drive and did not let Washington O back on the field. That was a great offense drive.
IU’s O line was the difference. We had a ground game in the second half and it allowed us to score and take valuable minutes off the clock. Defense played very good the entire game.

I did not think TJ played bad. His INT was pass interference (IMO). He just needs the reps. I think Rourke is back next week, but I would like to see TJ get the start next week, just to get more reps. Bring Rourke in next week, if needed.
TJ just kind of. managed the game and handed off. He’s not anywhere close to Rourke and it’s obvious, and everyone knows it. No big deal. He doesn’t go through the progressions like Rourke because of his experience level. Easily the best environment at The Rock in my lifetime with the towels and noise level. I told my son today that at some places, this is the environment every Saturday at their venue.
A zoo but fun as hell!
I knew this team was amped when we rattled them on that very first series. They got a false start because of our crowd and the line up front. Pretty clean game. Our edge rushers were getting held in several downs.

Right, the OL took control of the LOS in the 2nd half, & threwing only 5 passes in that half. Also, the OL did not allow a sack in the game.
IU’s O line was the difference. We had a ground game in the second half and it allowed us to score and take valuable minutes off the clock. Defense played very good the entire game.
Lots of difference makers on this outfit. But my favorite operative is Bostad. The difference in OL results since he took over is off the chart. Wasn't 1 iota surprised when Cignetti kept him. OL can't block, offense don't execute much. 2+2!

Lots of difference makers on this outfit. But my favorite operative is Bostad. The difference in OL results since he took over is off the chart. Wasn't 1 iota surprised when Cignetti kept him. OL can't block, offense don't execute much. 2+2!
Right, not addition but multiplication, as Coach Cig says. I bet he loves Coach Bostad!:)

Reactions: midwolfe
TJ just kind of. managed the game and handed off. He’s not anywhere close to Rourke and it’s obvious, and everyone knows it. No big deal. He doesn’t go through the progressions like Rourke because of his experience level. Easily the best environment at The Rock in my lifetime with the towels and noise level. I told my son today that at some places, this is the environment every Saturday at their venue.
A zoo but fun as hell!
I knew this team was amped when we rattled them on that very first series. They got a false start because of our crowd and the line up front. Pretty clean game. Our edge rushers were getting held in several downs.
We had only 1 penalty for 5 yds.

I’ve never heard an IU crowd as loud as I did when Ponds returned his first interception for a TD. Granted, I have constant ringing in my ears anyway, but the crowd exploded into utter delirium and it sounded like a cacophony of a thousand megaphoned screech owls all at once, just outside my eardrums. Everyone was packed in tight, having fun. We still have yet to be behind through 8 games. That’s incredible, talking ‘bout IU football here. I’m giddy tonight.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT