ADVERTISEMENT

Western Illinois/IU Prediction Thread

Win by a lot. Clean up some of the mistakes. Stay healthy.

I feel like Cignetti has a little bit of Saban in him, from his days coaching under him. Saban would try to beat this team 80-0 if he could. Not by keeping his starters in the game, but by demanding anyone that plays in the game, win every play.

If our 2,3,4 deep are better than WIU's main rotation players...we'll put up huge numbers on them. It'll be interesting to see how that goes.

I predict we'll jump out bigly, but later in the 2nd half give up a score or two with the end of our bench competing against more regular rotation guys of theirs.

58-7...or so.

Win by a lot. Clean up some of the mistakes. Stay healthy.

I feel like Cignetti has a little bit of Saban in him, from his days coaching under him. Saban would try to beat this team 80-0 if he could. Not by keeping his starters in the game, but by demanding anyone that plays in the game, win every play.

If our 2,3,4 deep are better than WIU's main rotation players...we'll put up huge numbers on them. It'll be interesting to see how that goes.

I predict we'll jump out bigly, but later in the 2nd half give up a score or two with the end of our bench competing against more regular rotation guys of theirs.

58-7...or so.
I read Cignetti about the same as you. Absolutely why his body language was as it was at times against FIU. He is process and goal driven.

I read Cignetti about the same as you. Absolutely why his body language was as it was at times against FIU. He is process and goal driven.
Basically all Ultra successful coaches are. Its why the lapses last week didn't bother me as much. I think its very possible they're still more in the beginning stages of Cignetti's process of mastering all the little foundational things it takes to be successful on Saturday's.

The basics of focus and preparation leading in to the game, they probably have down...which is why they came out and put the game away right away. But having all of your 2, and 3 deeps also doing that...might take more time. And having it all be ingrained enough to just be who they are...burnt in habits...that takes time too. And maybe the just drifted back to older habits for a bit in the 2nd half?

I think IU pounds the rock, pounds the rock, and pounds the rock to show UCLA nothing new … 42-0 IU

The alternative strategy would be to run a 7 on 7 drill and show UCLA things IU won’t run.

I expect CCC to pick the former over the latter.

I think IU pounds the rock, pounds the rock, and pounds the rock to show UCLA nothing new … 42-0 IU

The alternative strategy would be to run a 7 on 7 drill and show UCLA things IU won’t run.

I really like this game on a Friday night. It gives us an extra day leading up to the huge game next week.

This is a bye week for UCLA. I'd rather be playing.

Go Hoosiers!

Just how bad is UCLA? I've seen a couple B1G power rankings on X that had them dead last.

Interesting that he ran the HB pass last game. He wanted every team (future opponents) to see that one. Especially UCLA, maybe?

Maybe it’s a way he keeps the team sharp when practicing them. Letting them know, hey, we will be using these plays in real games. 🤷‍♂️

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT