ADVERTISEMENT

Well, this is interesting. Donbas Devushka

DANC

Hall of Famer
Gold Member
Dec 21, 2001
Should be Donbas Dyevushka, but I digress.

@Aloha Hoosier can't be happy one of his fellow Naval veterans is knee-deep involved in this. Anyone still think Teixiara was just a kid showing off to his friends?

I don't have a WSJ account, but I could read the entire article on my phone. This gal ran a pro-Russian social media site that published some of the classified documents and Russians were getting it from there. And she was running this site since 2014, when she was active duty in the Navy! With a top secret clearance!

The military better get this shit straightened out.

This looks pretty deep. Lots of people involved. In the old days was this firing squad stuff? Idk is there accountability here?
I can't believe this woman isn't being charged for passing on documents she KNEW were classified.

She may be in the future, hopefully.

I can't believe this woman isn't being charged for passing on documents she KNEW were classified.

She may be in the future, hopefully.
Once the cat is out of the bag, is she committing a crime?

Uh, Marv, do you need a lawyer?

Jack Teixeira, suspected leaker of U.S. secrets, belonged to a group fascinated by weaponry and war
https://www.wsj.com/articles/airman...=eljrehjwzvkkd7m&reflink=share_mobilewebshare
Watch out for those ex-Navy vets.

“A 21-year-old gamer might have just prevented WWIII,” posted Jack Posobiec, a former Navy intelligence officer who promoted the Pizzagate conspiracy theory that led to the QAnon movement."

And who could forget John Walker:

Reactions: Crayfish57
Uh, Marv, do you need a lawyer?

Jack Teixeira, suspected leaker of U.S. secrets, belonged to a group fascinated by weaponry and war
https://www.wsj.com/articles/airman...=eljrehjwzvkkd7m&reflink=share_mobilewebshare
Many years ago my friends and I played a game called "Top Secret". Basically, the players were James Bond/Jack Ryan type agents. When email became a thing, we kept playing but a lot of it was in email. I recall a game scenario where a shipment of VX gas arrived at the incinerator minus a canister. So we investigated how/who/why.

I recall telling my buddies that I was sure we had a very large FBI file.

Another thing: when you get a clearance, you cannot divulge anything for a period of time after you're out. I think 10 years, but that may be something else - I know we couldn't travel to the Soviet Union for 10 years after we were out - not that I would have anyway. Can't trust those bastards.

We did have a cruise to St. Petersburg scheduled for last June.... Obviously that didn't happen.

Another thing: when you get a clearance, you cannot divulge anything for a period of time after you're out. I think 10 years, but that may be something else - I know we couldn't travel to the Soviet Union for 10 years after we were out - not that I would have anyway. Can't trust those bastards.

We did have a cruise to St. Petersburg scheduled for last June.... Obviously that didn't happen.
You can’t divulge classified information for the rest of your life.

Reactions: DANC
She was doing it before the cat was out of the bag, so, in my opinion, she is.
I'm not an expert in this area, but the government has at times in the past attempted or threatened to go after publishers of classified info, not just leakers.

You should also note that she denies being the publisher, and says another member of the network of people who run that account did it.

Reactions: DANC
341258874_178900581700975_9112439766099582372_n.jpg
Be my best day ever if Marv is leakin shit. One minute he’s leaking classified docs. The next talking about footballs he likes in the soccer thread

I'm not an expert in this area, but the government has at times in the past attempted or threatened to go after publishers of classified info, not just leakers.

You should also note that she denies being the publisher, and says another member of the network of people who run that account did it.
That's pretty disingenuous of her, considering she created and ran the account.

She had this site while she was still active duty. If her superiors knew about it, they should have had her shut it down, at the very least.

Unless it's declassified, right?

I know there was some 10 year restriction - probably travel, as I mentioned.
Technically, yes. However, we won’t be notified of declassification. I assume everything classified that I’ve been exposed to is still classified.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT