ADVERTISEMENT

Welcome Jalen Williams!!! (FL) TE

Technically speaking, we now have the 37th ranked recruiting class.....and counting. PU...38th

The Hoosier Huddle story said IU is 49th. Must be a different rating (247 vs rivals?)

My sense is a class full of almost all 3* recruits is going to be at least top 45. Hat builds depth with kids who can develop.

In a perfect world, most FR would redshirt unless they were so good they couldn’t be kept off field. I think IU is closer to that mode now.

Reactions: vesuvius13
He’s going to be a senior and I would imagine that he will redshirt So he has two more years to fill out and he will then still be a freshman. Looking at his tapes he doesn’t appear to have a great speed but he has very good hands and is aggressive.. He will be fun to watch!

Technically speaking, we now have the 37th ranked recruiting class.....and counting. PU...38th
The Hoosier Huddle story said IU is 49th. Must be a different rating (247 vs rivals?)

My sense is a class full of almost all 3* recruits is going to be at least top 45. Hat builds depth with kids who can develop.

In a perfect world, most FR would redshirt unless they were so good they couldn’t be kept off field. I think IU is closer to that mode now.
Wow! That's great!

It's interesting how 247 and Rivals have rated both programs so differently.

Rivals has us at 37 and PU at 38.
247 has us at 49 and PU at 32.

I wonder why are they so disparate?

Might've been before updates. I am using this site as a reference since.....I'm on this site.

Wow! That's great!

It's interesting how 247 and Rivals have rated both programs so differently.

Rivals has us at 37 and PU at 38.
247 has us at 49 and PU at 32.

I wonder why are they so disparate?
Rivals still has 2 PU commits with no rating. Their class ranking of 38th is essentially for the other 14 commits. If Rivals gives them comparable ratings as the other services, both will end up mid-3* .

Thanks.

But do you know why are we so low on 247 as opposed to Rivals?
I'm guessing it is due to their player ratings resulting in PU having a much more balanced class, whereas IU's looks more top-heavy. For example, PU has twice as many players at, or above 85; IU has twice as many 83 or below.

Reactions: vesuvius13 and 76-1
Congrats on your latest pick-up, its a strong class so far. Purdue actually has two players that have not yet been rated (at least published) by Rivals. Both have fairly high ratings on 247, in fact the CB who verballed yesterday would be our second highest recruit.

Its good to see both state schools doing well in recruiting. As always best wishes until the Bucket!

Reactions: brianiu and 82IU
Congrats on your latest pick-up, its a strong class so far. Purdue actually has two players that have not yet been rated (at least published) by Rivals. Both have fairly high ratings on 247, in fact the CB who verballed yesterday would be our second highest recruit.

Its good to see both state schools doing well in recruiting. As always best wishes until the Bucket!

Huge talent upgrade for both teams lately.

Thanks.

But do you know why are we so low on 247 as opposed to Rivals?
IU's discrepancy between the 247 composite and Rivals is almost entirely Rashawn Williams rating. He's #52 overall and a 6.0 on Rivals (which gives IU about 75 extra points vs. just being a 4*). He's #298 overall on 247 and not in ESPN's Top300, so his composite ranking is #200 (averages the 3 rankings).

Last edited:
Reactions: boilerpt
At 6’7” and 197, I would check him at the line.
Maybe redshirt, weights, and a 10,000 calorie/day diet.

By the time he's a redshirt sophomore you won't be able to check him at the line...(unless you're currently a star NFL OLB, in which case I'd give you a fighting chance)...;)

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT