ADVERTISEMENT

Weekend Wisdoms: Words to Live By.

Nothing I hate more than a Friday afternoon meeting!
I used to work out of Indonesia (the largest Islamic republic in the world -- 220 million of them) a lot for several years on a project -- like there once a month -- for a few days to sometimes a week each trip. Yes, my Bahasa Indonesia is passable now.

A lot of government organisations offered Friday afternoons off for prayers -- for a couple of hours or more including not bothering in returning to the office.

The funny thing was most of the folks (who were Muslims) that I dealt with were either out for golf or fecking their mistresses, the old afternoon delight on Friday afternoons.

I would be back to my hotel having my siesta or an afternoon drink with a view.

leonardo-2013904-bdofp-outdoor-area-1879-hor-clsc_O-666721.jpg

(My hotel in Bandung Indonesia)

So I guess those folks must have listened to my Wisdom Guru -- Do whatever it takes to avoid afternoon meetings including inventing a religion just to avoid them.

Indonesia is a country that is full of contradictions.

Last edited:
Reactions: kkott
I used to work out of Indonesia (the largest Islamic republic in the world -- 220 million of them) a lot for several years on a project -- like there once a month -- for a few days to sometimes a week each trip. Yes, my Bahasa Indonesia is passable now.

A lot of government organisations offered Friday afternoons off for prayers -- for a couple of hours or more including not bothering in returning to the office.

The funny thing was most of the folks (who were Muslims) that I dealt with were either out for golf or fecking their mistresses, the old afternoon delight on Friday afternoons.

I would be back to my hotel having my siesta or an afternoon drink with a view.

leonardo-2013904-bdofp-outdoor-area-1879-hor-clsc_O-666721.jpg

(My hotel in Bandung Indonesia)

So I guess those folks must have listened to my Wisdom Guru -- Do whatever it takes to avoid afternoon meetings including inventing a religion just to avoid them.

Indonesia is a country that is full of contradictions.
Rule #1

Never, Ever, pay attention to ANYONE who would put pineapple on a pizza!

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT