ADVERTISEMENT

We spend a lot of time . . .

Sope Creek

Hall of Famer
Feb 5, 2003
. . . making fun of Kentuckians. The floods in the eastern part of the state are no laughing matter. At least 16 dead and the death toll likely to go up . . . steeply.

Yeah that is horrible. You get down in those hills and the water has no place to go except down in the valleys.

It sounds like it is horrible down there the last few days. We can make fun of them after we help them out, help them heal and help them up. We all experience loss, I am sorry it is there turn right now.

As to NPT's comment about water. The weirdest thing I have experienced is a monsoon in the deserts of Tucson AZ. In a geography of "FLAT"!! You understand really quickly, what 10' of elevation change is when 3" of rain falls on 3 million acres. Water finds this own level and runs really fast. and then POOF, it's gone.

It sounds like it is horrible down there the last few days. We can make fun of them after we help them out, help them heal and help them up. We all experience loss, I am sorry it is there turn right now.

As to NPT's comment about water. The weirdest thing I have experienced is a monsoon in the deserts of Tucson AZ. In a geography of "FLAT"!! You understand really quickly, what 10' of elevation change is when 3" of rain falls on 3 million acres. Water finds this own level and runs really fast. and then POOF, it's gone.
Parts of Arizona are getting pummeled with rain. Flash floods

Parts of Arizona are getting pummeled with rain. Flash floods
Dude... Being a midwestern farm boy. It is so freaking unbelievable to see what even 1/4" of rain can do down there. It all quickly goes to the lowest points and it all goes there damn quickly. You can have 4 miles of totally flat land, with a 10' deep narrow wash in the middle of it all. It takes the water only minutes to run to that low spot. It's wicked fast how life can change.

Reactions: NOT joe_hoopsier
Dude... Being a midwestern farm boy. It is so freaking unbelievable to see what even 1/4" of rain can do down there. It all quickly goes to the lowest points and it all goes there damn quickly. You can have 4 miles of totally flat land, with a 10' deep narrow wash in the middle of it all. It takes the water only minutes to run to that low spot. It's wicked fast how life can change.
Yes…the videos are crazy

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT