ADVERTISEMENT

We Need Villains....

victorbear

All-Big Ten
Sep 28, 2005
.....good to see the rivalry back. As much as I dislike Haarms having villains makes this rivalry better. IU needs to go find some. Players other teams loathe. Here are my top ten villains.
1. Grayson Allen
2. Any Old UNLV player
3. Aaron Craft/ hated that guy
4. Gary Grant/ Michigan
5. Reggie Miller
6. John Starks
7. Kevin McHale
8. Steve Alford
9. Rex Chapman
10. Jim Rowinski

brian cardinal , how could you leave him off?
As for a player that always lit IU up, Jamie Skelton (sp?), OSU.
Any of the Fab 5

.....good to see the rivalry back. As much as I dislike Haarms having villains makes this rivalry better. IU needs to go find some. Players other teams loathe. Here are my top ten villains.
1. Grayson Allen
2. Any Old UNLV player
4. Gary Grant/ Michigan
5. Reggie Miller
6. John Starks
7. Kevin McHale
8. Steve Alford
9. Rex Chapman
10. Jim Rowinski
Add to that … Jaaks of Iowa, the Mike Lewis ball in face guy and Cardinal of Purdue, they should be like #1 & #1A, IMHO

Jeff Settles from IOWA...Man I sure hated him on the court.
Iowa and Purdue are well represented in this contest, but you could throw Kingsbury on there too. Wisconsin has some candidates too, but they're eluding me at the moment

Iowa and Purdue are well represented in this contest, but you could throw Kingsbury on there too. Wisconsin has some candidates too, but they're eluding me at the moment

That Carrot Top punk from Wisconsin- Bruesewitz.

1. Grayson Allen
2. Any Old UNLV player
4. Gary Grant/ Michigan
5. Reggie Miller
6. John Starks
7. Kevin McHale
8. Steve Alford
9. Rex Chapman
10. Jim Rowinski
I would throw Big Dog Robinson in there as far as IU is concerned. The guy scored 38 on us twice. You could say Reggie Miller is a villain to us because UCLA beat us in the finals of the NIT when Miller was there.

3796220.JPG

I have a wanker for you.

1. Grayson Allen
2. Any Old UNLV player
4. Gary Grant/ Michigan
5. Reggie Miller
6. John Starks
7. Kevin McHale
8. Steve Alford
9. Rex Chapman
10. Jim Rowinski

Kramer, from PU a few years back. Tom Scheffler (sp?) from Purdue back in the day looked like a James Bond villain.

1. Grayson Allen
2. Any Old UNLV player
4. Gary Grant/ Michigan
5. Reggie Miller
6. John Starks
7. Kevin McHale
8. Steve Alford
9. Rex Chapman
10. Jim Rowinski

Clyde Turner, Minnesota, flipping off the AH crowd as he walked off the court after fouling out.

Reactions: ufo33
The bottom line is that IU needs to have its OWN villains!!

Don’t worry about guys on other teams. We need kids on our team that are disliked because of their swagger and trash talking. We have a bunch of soft, goody two shoes who just take it, lying down. Last guy that was anywhere remotely like this was Will Sheehey who wasn’t all about display. He backed it up. Get a couple more of these guys. Warriors who don’t act like a bunch a pansies.

Okay, let's see how many remember this one . . . Jay Burson at Ohio State. Scrawny kid looked like you could sneeze and blow him over but tough as nails . . . had to sit out while wearing a Halo (apparatus to support his neck/head after injury) as I recall. Had a ton of respect for Jay AFTER he left OSU. Frustrating how easily he scored against much bigger and more athletic opponents.

Reactions: glidresquirrel
Okay, let's see how many remember this one . . . Jay Burson at Ohio State. Scrawny kid looked like you could sneeze and blow him over but tough as nails . . . had to sit out while wearing a Halo (apparatus to support his neck/head after injury) as I recall. Had a ton of respect for Jay AFTER he left OSU. Frustrating how easily he scored against much bigger and more athletic opponents.
Troy Lewis and Todd Mitchell at Purdue 4 years of the TNT boys!!! Hated them

The problem with the current team is the guys that are good, Phinisee, Morgan, Durham, are all likable ball players. Romeo while good just has a passive look, hard to dislike. The potential villains in Davis, Green, well they kinda just aren't good enough to be really disliked.

The problem with the current team is the guys that are good, Phinisee, Morgan, Durham, are all likable ball players. Romeo while good just has a passive look, hard to dislike. The potential villains in Davis, Green, well they kinda just aren't good enough to be really disliked.

Romeo may turn out to be the biggest hype this state has ever produced.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT