ADVERTISEMENT

We need to kick PU while they are down...

I expect Rondale Moore to play this week. Brohm was being a bit coy when asked the question. I think Scott plays as well. Each team will play any guy who is remotely ready.

If true, Rondale is getting some very bad advice. If he were my son he would stay clear of a meaningless game in bad weather on a poor quality field and get ready for next year fully healthy. Brohm cannot be this reckless.

If true, Rondale is getting some very bad advice. If he were my son he would stay clear of a meaningless game in bad weather on a poor quality field and get ready for next year fully healthy. Brohm cannot be this reckless.

Sure he can (be that reckless)...

I thought that was already clear.

The Brohm brothers are All about the Brohm brothers...

What's a kids future pro career compared to making them look good...(and hopefully [for them] taking some heat off)...

Do you think Whop should play? A dirty PU player could "slip"

If you listened to more than one Brohm press conference you would know that Brohm’s message has been consistent all year, he’s not gonna play until he can practice and he hasn’t been practicing.

If you listened to more than one Brohm press conference you would know that Brohm’s message has been consistent all year, he’s not gonna play until he can practice and he hasn’t been practicing.

Haven't heard any of them but this makes sense.

Objectively, there is little evidence of much difference between the programs. Of course objectively is a dirty word on partisan message boards, but the facts do not support much difference especially when you consider Purdue lost four highly regarded players to season ending (or likely so) injuries. That group included a national leader in passing, the Big Ten’s only consensus Freshman All American since the advent of freshmen eligibility in 1973,a strong all Big Ten player at LB and a potential first round pick in the NFL draft at DT. Indiana has had a significant loss at QB in Michael Penix who like Purdue’s Sindelar has been injury plagued in his career,
Thus far, Indiana has played teams with an overall record of 53 wins and 68 losses before meeting the 4-7 Boilermakers. Your Hoosiers have played three teams with winning records who are certain bowl teams and two additional possible bowl teams for a total of five bowl eligible foes. You have lost to one team that currently has a losing record. Teams IU has defeated have a cumulative record of 19 wins and 58 losses.
Purdue has played teams with an overall record of 67 wins and 54 losses before facing the 7-4 Hoosiers. Purdue has played five teams with winning records who are bowl eligible and will play a sixth in Indiana and two more possible bowl eligible squads for a potential total of eight bowl teams. Six of Purdue’s seven defeats were to teams with winning records and a loss to Indiana would make it seven out of eight. Purdue has beaten teams with combined records of 12 wins and 32 losses. Both have beaten their only common opponents of Nebraska and Northwestern. Purdue beating the Huskers at R-A and Northwestern on the road and the Hoosiers winning in Lincoln over Nebraska and beating the Wildcats at home.
Of course, anyone who has followed this legendary rivalry knows the records go out the window when the clubs meet up for the Old Oaken Bucket. My first Bucket game was 67 years ago when the Big Ten co- champion Boilers were almost upset at home when an Indiana drive was halted yards from the goal line in a 21-16 contest. Ten years later I was present in Ross-Ade when Marv Woodson’s pick six broke Purdue’s 14 game streak without a defeat and sent the victorious Hoosiers home on the long end of a 12-7 score.
Anything can and has happened when the two in -state rivals do battle. Saturday should be no exception.
How many starters did Purdue have out when they played Nevada?

Neal for sure. Who else?

Reactions: 76-1 and JohnsyRick
Whop is a concussion not a hamstring. He is clear or not.

Any IU player or fan runs the risk of a problem in Laffy.
Yeah that’s true, hell I can’t believe IU still agrees to play Purdue after all the beatings and mugging you see in the news every year around the bucket game in West Lafayette :rolleyes:

If you produced just one article about an IU fan that was physically harmed in West Lafayette after the bucket game in the last 10 years I’ll never come back to this board again.

Reactions: JohnsyRick
Yeah that’s true, hell I can’t believe IU still agrees to play Purdue after all the beatings and mugging you see in the news every year around the bucket game in West Lafayette :rolleyes:

If you produced just one article about an IU fan that was physically harmed in West Lafayette after the bucket game in the last 10 years I’ll never come back to this board again.

I wont bother, mainly because you don't have the ability to leave this board. The Purdue Mentality is too deep within you.

One of my favorite memories of my many Bucket games in Laffy is the car that drove by our tailgate on Slater Hill and rolls down her window and with a Marlboro clenched in her enraged face and says "You IU people all come up here in your fan-cy cars thinking you owns the place" "Yeah, well...ok Mama June...we kinda do" I responded. She and her car full of friends gave us the finger and drove off.

There won't be enough of you clowns in that POS stadium to matter on Sat. Just make sure the "Courtsense Sucks" chant is going though Cletus.

Last edited:
Reactions: DANC
From what I have seen, I was never all that impressed by Sindelar, I have seen this O'Connell kid play a couple of games and he looks just as good. Neither are in the class of Penix or even Ramsey. Moore and the defender are big losses but to Brohm's credit they have not lost a game this year due to the injuries.

Plummer will be better than Ramsey next year. But I never got why Ramsey didn’t get more love here. quality QB to me. Purdue loses 2-3 starters in the next TWO YEARS on offense.

IU earned being favored going into this game though

Plummer will be better than Ramsey next year. But I never got why Ramsey didn’t get more love here. quality QB to me. Purdue loses 2-3 starters in the next TWO YEARS on offense.

Could be, but he has a long way to go to achieve that.

If Plummer has any sense he'll be in the Transfer Portal by February. If he puts up with any more of the Brohm brothers crap then he's a fool...

p u will be Very lucky to win 4 games in 2020...

You guys clearly got fleeced (and it's hilarious)...

I'm surprised it hasn't dawned on you yet... (Auburn game ring any bells, how about Nevada ;):D)...

Reactions: DANC

Highly doubtful. Plus, Penix is much better than Plummer and he’s here for the next 3 years.

If Plummer has any sense he'll be in the Transfer Portal by February. If he puts up with any more of the Brohm brothers crap then he's a fool...

p u will be Very lucky to win 4 games in 2020...

You guys clearly got fleeced (and it's hilarious)...

I'm surprised it hasn't dawned on you yet... (Auburn game ring any bells, how about Nevada ;):D)...

Wait what?

Plummer over Ramsey is laughable.

Plummer over Penix is beyond comprehension.

eirher way, both IU QBs are wayyyyy beyond Plummer.

we will see soon enough next season

I think O’Connell is actually better than Plummer. That kid has moxie and confidence. I think there is a battle next year for the starting QB up in West Lafayette. O’Connell makes crucial plays. The QB has to rely on a solid OL. Purdue has weapons on the WR corps but really needs to upgrade the hogs up front for a run game. It would make for a very balanced and potent offense. Purdue can sling the ball all over the field on the teams at their level. Penn State game I watched, they struggled with an elite d-line. IU absolutely has to get pressure on him in this game.

Are you lost? Why are you here?

It’s a rivalry man. I post on every board of every team we play. Big ten junkie .. can’t get enough.

On our board this season has been me defending the quality of your team against what I call the “courtsensetwos of the Purdue board.”

You guys have a quality squad. I will be jealous watching you play a bowl game

It’s a rivalry man. I post on every board of every team we play. Big ten junkie .. can’t get enough.

On our board this season has been me defending the quality of your team against what I call the “courtsensetwos of the Purdue board.”

You guys have a quality squad. I will be jealous watching you play a bowl game

Uh, there are no "Courtsensetwos of the Purdue board". Many try, but none stack up. That is why I am such a consistent topic of discussion over there even though I haven't posted there in about five years.

Reactions: UncleMark
Uh, there are no "Courtsensetwos of the Purdue board". Many try, but none stack up. That is why I am such a consistent topic of discussion over there even though I haven't posted there in about five years.

Lol. No one brings your overall flare and stinging left jab, but many come up with every excuse in the book to never say anything positive about their rival.., I.e. acting like going into happy valley and keeping it close all game is no big deal

Lol. No one brings your overall flare and stinging left jab, but many come up with every excuse in the book to never say anything positive about their rival.., I.e. acting like going into happy valley and keeping it close all game is no big deal

But I say good things about my rivals whenever they are appropriate. Include Purdue.

One thing I am is consistent and one thing I have always done is give credit where it is due. With me, you get what you give. Be nice, get nice. Be an ass...get the whip. Always your call.

But I say good things about my rivals whenever they are appropriate. Include Purdue.

One thing I am is consistent and one thing I have always done is give credit where it is due. With me, you get what you give. Be nice, get nice. Be an ass...get the whip. Always your call.

I think I’m nice to you

Btw did you guys see the Purdue, Indiana, Colorado Iowa thread on the Nebraska board

I think I’m nice to you

Btw did you guys see the Purdue, Indiana, Colorado Iowa thread on the Nebraska board

I saw it. The poster said that Nebraska should never lose to those teams.
Another poster said Nebraska should be 7-0 to start next year before heading into a showdown with OSU.

Back to the original OP:

In my opinion, we need to kick p u anytime we can..., whether they're up, down, or sideways! ;)

Reactions: IUCX9
Injured in one season, not two consecutive

He’s only played one season. We'll see if he’s even the starter next year? Penix will definitely be starting for IU and, most likely, 4* and Elite 11 QB Jack Tuttle will be his backup. Just face it that IU has better talent at QB than PU. Ramsey will be the best WB on the field mañana as well. POTFB!

He’s only played one season. We'll see if he’s even the starter next year? Penix will definitely be starting for IU and, most likely, 4* and Elite 11 QB Jack Tuttle will be his backup. Just face it that IU has better talent at QB than PU. Ramsey will be the best WB on the field mañana as well. POTFB!

I think Penix May be.. Purdue will have the better offense but I don’t crap on Penix

I think Penix May be.. Purdue will have the better offense but I don’t crap on Penix

Again, highly doubtful. Your Oline blows. IU will have better talent at QB, RB, TE, and Oline. How you think PU will be better on Offense simply because of WR talent is beyond me?

Reactions: 76-1
Again, highly doubtful. Your Oline blows. IU will have better talent at QB, RB, TE, and Oline. How you think PU will be better on Offense simply because of WR talent is beyond me?

You are aware we have a freshman redshirting who played in the army all American game at TE?

Purdue has spent this year getting young recruited talent on to the field at OL. That process will complete next year. Won’t have a walk on at center.

I think Penix is a dynamic playmaker. I don’t think better pure passer than Plummer.

Did you think we’d have 438 right now today?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT