ADVERTISEMENT

We have a new chick Chiropractor where I go...

C-$

Hall of Famer
Nov 1, 2002
Carmel, Indiana
She's pretty hot.

She was rubbing her teats on me this morning and I about lost control.

Good morning, AOTF.

Am I the only one who thinks chiropractors are professional knuckle crackers?

I used to assume that before I started going due to golfer's elbow that wouldn't heal.

I have continued to go for 3 years now.

I can't speak for anyone else or any other chiropractors but mine has worked great.

It's more than just adjusting... and if that's all your getting out of it, then you're doing it wrong.

I used to assume that before I started going due to golfer's elbow that wouldn't heal.

I can't speak for anyone else or any other chiropractors but mine has worked great.

It's more than just adjusting... and if that's all your getting out of it, then you're doing it wrong.

If you're still going after 3 years, then it hasn't been healed. Like I said, professional knucklecracker. Of course it feels good after the treatment.

Reactions: HA2740 and IUecho87

I had hip/lower back issues and Chiro fixed it within a few weeks. I go once a month for maintenance and feel great.

Am I the only one who thinks chiropractors are professional knuckle crackers?

I'd say I'm a skeptic, but too many people I know go and swear by them. Now, it may be that they want to believe it's helping and so it does psychosomatically, but that's still helping in my book. I go through periods where I get bad leg cramps/charlie horses at night, especially in my calves. Someone I know said put a bar of soap in your bedsheets down by your calves. I forgot about it or wouldn't believe it for about 6 months, but I had a spate of them last week, and threw a bar of Ivory soap in my sheets, and viola, no leg cramps for over a week now. I've googled it and find no scientific reason and tend to think it's mental, but again, who cares, so far it's working!

She's pretty hot.

She was rubbing her teats on me this morning and I about lost control.

Good morning, AOTF.

I don't care what it is: Drs, Dentist, Nurses, Dental Hygeinist, Hair stylist, masseuse, etc... to me if someone's touching my body; it's better if it's an attractive woman.

When I was about 13 the gal who cut my hair was stacked, and I think she loved rubbing her tits all over me knowing she was getting a little boy fired up. But of course, I loved it too. Still do.

Reactions: sdhoosier
I'd say I'm a skeptic, but too many people I know go and swear by them. Now, it may be that they want to believe it's helping and so it does psychosomatically, but that's still helping in my book. I go through periods where I get bad leg cramps/charlie horses at night, especially in my calves. Someone I know said put a bar of soap in your bedsheets down by your calves. I forgot about it or wouldn't believe it for about 6 months, but I had a spate of them last week, and threw a bar of Ivory soap in my sheets, and viola, no leg cramps for over a week now. I've googled it and find no scientific reason and tend to think it's mental, but again, who cares, so far it's working!

I'm not saying people don't feel good afterwards. If they didn't, chiropractors wouldn't be in business. The point I'm trying to make is that chiropractors often act like they are more than what they are. Some seem to view what they do as medicine (even calling themselves doctors). They act like they have all this science and research behind them. And while they are very likely to help their patients feel better, it's to me, similar to feeling better when a person cracks his knuckles (hence professional knucklecracker).

Reactions: Timmy! and IUecho87
That's actually a little creepy.

Maybe, but there's a lot creepier running around out there, and I enjoyed it.

There was a similar lady on my paper route. Her hubby was a well-known businessman who worked all the time and many times when I would collect she would be extra attentive and in revealing clothes. One memorable time (for me anyway!) in a bath robe that was very open at the top. She was pretty hot for an older lady and also stacked, but her husband was a rich and scary dude. I didn't imagine he'd think twice about a paperboy buried in a shallow grave somewhere.

Reactions: mike41703
I'm not saying people don't feel good afterwards. If they didn't, chiropractors wouldn't be in business. The point I'm trying to make is that chiropractors often act like they are more than what they are. Some seem to view what they do as medicine (even calling themselves doctors). They act like they have all this science and research behind them. And while they are very likely to help their patients feel better, it's to me, similar to feeling better when a person cracks his knuckles (hence professional knucklecracker).

Agree....its pseudoscience....much of their patients satisfaction is from the placebo effect. Massage therapy on the other hand is very therapeutic.

Agree....its pseudoscience....much of their patients satisfaction is from the placebo effect. Massage therapy on the other hand is very therapeutic.

A great chiropractor can be a revelation. Most, however, are not great. The one I visit focuses on your body mechanics as a whole, and doesn't do the same adjustments every time. He also forces certain muscles to relax through pressure. Your body develops muscle memory throigh repeated actions, and has to be forced out of it. Thats the underlying tenant that is explored/addressed by a good chiropractor. If its just about cracking backs/necks and doing the same sequence every time, you're getting ripped off.

My chiro actually does diagnostic type testing via body position and movements throughout the session. I should go more often, because when I go regularly, my low back issue feels 100% better. He does more for me in the sessions than MD's have done the entire time I've had the issue.

I recently went to a really good massage therapist also. I'm thinking continued care with both he and the chiro will lead to relief. Now I just have to find the time (and be home) to make it happen.

And full disclosure, I work with a lot of medical providers, including many chiros. And I was skeptical at first also, until I started treating with my current chiro. Dude knows what he is doing.

ya'll must have been to some chitty chiros...

Reactions: C-$
If you're still going after 3 years, then it hasn't been healed. Like I said, professional knucklecracker. Of course it feels good after the treatment.

I don't continue to go for my golfer's elbow.

Can you refer to the part in my post where I said that's why I still go?

Thanks...

A great chiropractor can be a revelation. Most, however, are not great. The one I visit focuses on your body mechanics as a whole, and doesn't do the same adjustments every time. He also forces certain muscles to relax through pressure. Your body develops muscle memory throigh repeated actions, and has to be forced out of it. Thats the underlying tenant that is explored/addressed by a good chiropractor. If its just about cracking backs/necks and doing the same sequence every time, you're getting ripped off.

My chiro actually does diagnostic type testing via body position and movements throughout the session. I should go more often, because when I go regularly, my low back issue feels 100% better. He does more for me in the sessions than MD's have done the entire time I've had the issue.

I recently went to a really good massage therapist also. I'm thinking continued care with both he and the chiro will lead to relief. Now I just have to find the time (and be home) to make it happen.

And full disclosure, I work with a lot of medical providers, including many chiros. And I was skeptical at first also, until I started treating with my current chiro. Dude knows what he is doing.

I don't know. I figure it would be something like this

George-Costanza-Massage-Seinfeld.jpg

Reactions: C-$ and RBB89
I worked as a tech in surgery for several years. None of the orthopedic surgeons and nurses had any use for chiropractors or really had anything good to say about them. If fact, it wasn't unusual at all to do a procedure to fix an injury a chiro had created. That's not to say there aren't any legit chiros out there that help some people. Some of that practice is sound - much is not. And many have a way over-inflated sense of what their methods can effectively address so they treat people they have no business treating. But that weekly, or in some cases twice-weekly etc. office visit charge is hard to turn down.

There's no denying that the placebo effect is very real.

It also seemed that some of the biggest nut-cases in the business community, of my small home town at least, where chiropractors.

Reactions: IUecho87

He sounds like a poor man's physical therapist.

Physical therapy is legit....chiropractic is snake oil

Here's a chiropractic story for y'all.

My dad, like many truck drivers, had back problems. His company paid for chiropractic visits. He'd go in, get whatever done, and his back would feel better for a while. Then it would hurt, and he'd go back, and on and on and on. After a few years of this, his back broke, and the chiropractor couldn't fix that, so he went to a real doctor, where it was discovered that his back problems were caused by the multiple myeloma eating his vertebrae from the inside out. If he hadn't wasted three years with a chiropractor, who knows? I might have a living father right now.

So those of you enjoying your chiro visits, good for you, but you won't ever see me wasting money on that nonsense. If I have a health problem, I go to a real doctor. Period.

My dad, like many truck drivers, had back problems. His company paid for chiropractic visits. He'd go in, get whatever done, and his back would feel better for a while. Then it would hurt, and he'd go back, and on and on and on. After a few years of this, his back broke, and the chiropractor couldn't fix that, so he went to a real doctor, where it was discovered that his back problems were caused by the multiple myeloma eating his vertebrae from the inside out. If he hadn't wasted three years with a chiropractor, who knows? I might have a living father right now.

So those of you enjoying your chiro visits, good for you, but you won't ever see me wasting money on that nonsense. If I have a health problem, I go to a real doctor. Period.

The reason I continue to go is I had lost much of the curvature you're supposed to have in a healthy spine.

My Chiro does x-rays every 6 months to check my progress and I actually get to see the results.

It's not just adjustments... it's also the exercises he prescribed for me to do.

Without a healthy curvature, you're not going to have a clear path for nerve signals to different parts of your body, which can be a huge factor in how quickly injuries heal, among other things. Which basically is what was keeping my golfer's elbow from healing.

Wow Goat......that's rough. I echo your ending thought.

I have a story too....not nearly as bad.....

Years ago I was having some back pain stemming from my job and went to a local chiro. He took xrays and adjusted me, sat me in a massage chair hooked to a muscle stem for 20 mins, then a saw a massage therapist. This happened twice a week. I figured out that the massage therapy was what was actually helping.....so I stopped seeing the quack and just went to the massage therapist....everything was golden. So a few months later I get a bill from the quack, handwritten on invoice paper, that I owed him 800 and some odd dollars. Then at the bottom stated that "our computer system crashed and we lost all patient insurance payments" I called them and said this was bullshit.....that my insurance paid all of this. They told me that if I had the EOB's then fax them and they would let it slide. Luckily I kept them.....but I couldn't believe they could run a business like that and not back up important information. And then just to write someone a non itemized bill saying you owe us X amount of dollars.....fk that chit. Imagine if you were old or slow and could easily be convinced you still owed that much. He's still in business but I heard he lost his ass on that computer crash....serves him right.

The reason I continue to go is I had lost much of the curvature you're supposed to have in a healthy spine.

My Chiro does x-rays every 6 months to check my progress and I actually get to see the results.

It's not just adjustments... it's also the exercises he prescribed for me to do.

Without a healthy curvature, you're not going to have a clear path for nerve signals to different parts of your body, which can be a huge factor in how quickly injuries heal, among other things. Which basically is what was keeping my golfer's elbow from healing.

The exercises are what is helping.....the adjustments are and have always been smoke and mirrors.

PT is the way to go.....and should always be strongly considered before ANY spinal surgery...barring a few extreme circumstances.

Reactions: crimsonlaw
The exercises are what is helping.....the adjustments are and have always been smoke and mirrors.

PT is the way to go.....and should always be strongly considered before ANY spinal surgery...barring a few extreme circumstances.

Well, my Chiro basically says that adjustments without the exercises isn't going to fix the problem.

What I'm saying is where I go is legit.....

They also do a lot of stuff around nutrition and just general healthy living.

Well, my Chiro basically says that adjustments without the exercises isn't going to fix the problem.

There is no such thing as a legit chiropractor. Objective studies have been done over and over and shown it to be pseudoscience.

If your chiro is doing you any good, it's because either:
1. In addition to chiropractic, he's also engaging in massage or other physical therapy, or
2. It's all in your head.

If by "adjustments," you mean he's one of those guys who tells you that he can solve health problems anywhere in your body by realigning your spine, then it's probably the latter. It's quackery.

All that and well....now there's a hot chick working there too.

Reactions: C-$

they are right in saying that adjustments without the exercises aren't going to fix the problem.

What they also aren't telling you is that exercises alone would probably get you the same relief as exercises and adjustments.
A Physical Therapist could probably give you just as much relief.

Have you seen an orthopedist? Has your chiropractor every recommended you seeing an orthopedist?
Does that practice have any Drs in the office who can prescribe medications? (A DC cant prescribe meds)

they are right in saying that adjustments without the exercises aren't going to fix the problem.

What they also aren't telling you is that exercises alone would probably get you the same relief as exercises and adjustments.
A Physical Therapist could probably give you just as much relief.

Have you seen an orthopedist? Has your chiropractor every recommended you seeing an orthopedist?
Does that practice have any Drs in the office who can prescribe medications? (A DC cant prescribe meds)

I saw an orthopedist when I blew out my knee.

No, they do not (to answer your second question).

I don't care what it is: Drs, Dentist, Nurses, Dental Hygeinist, Hair stylist, masseuse, etc... to me if someone's touching my body; it's better if it's an attractive woman.

When I was about 13 the gal who cut my hair was stacked, and I think she loved rubbing her tits all over me knowing she was getting a little boy fired up. But of course, I loved it too. Still do.

I echo your thinking here Kkott

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT