ADVERTISEMENT

We’re going bowling boys!

Anyone watching the NFL today, Bengals show why you don't just settle for a 50 yard field goal to win.

I hope history does not repeat 1983 as the Bengals should be coach shopping after the season.

Anyone watching the NFL today, Bengals show why you don't just settle for a 50 yard field goal to win.

I hope history does not repeat 1983 as the Bengals should be coach shopping after the season.
Two non sequiturs. Field goal kickers are incredible now. Almost like machines. I went out for beers and to watch fball last night. An oddity of 53 is that many of my friends sent kids off to college and once again are free to do this stuff. Anyway my buddy just got back from some kind of bird hunting in so Dakota. There are only a few states I have not been to and that is one of them. He said he was shocked at how beautiful it was. Stunning scenery he said

Reactions: Spartans9312
Two non sequiturs. Field goal kickers are incredible now. Almost like machines. I went out for beers and to watch fball last night. An oddity of 53 is that many of my friends sent kids off to college and once again are free to do this stuff. Anyway my buddy just got back from some kind of bird hunting in so Dakota. There are only a few states I have not been to and that is one of them. He said he was shocked at how beautiful it was. Stunning scenery he said

The Bengals have a QB they market as elite (and pay as elite). The have a receiver they market as elite (and will pay as elite). On 3 straight plays, they ran the ball up the middle to settle for a 45-50 year old field goal. On all three plays, the elite WR was single covered, once by a rookie.

So instead, they turned the game over to a long snapper, probably makes league minimum. He plays maybe 8-10 plays a game, probably 3-4 snapping to a punter which is a little different.

And they turn it over to the holder, a rookie also probably making league minimum.

Where the Bengals got the ball was in the kicker's range. Gaining 4 yards on 3 runs makes little difference.

There are times to play it safe. But don't just concede that you are happy with the 45-50 yard FG.

Reactions: mcmurtry66
The Bengals have a QB they market as elite (and pay as elite). The have a receiver they market as elite (and will pay as elite). On 3 straight plays, they ran the ball up the middle to settle for a 45-50 year old field goal. On all three plays, the elite WR was single covered, once by a rookie.

So instead, they turned the game over to a long snapper, probably makes league minimum. He plays maybe 8-10 plays a game, probably 3-4 snapping to a punter which is a little different.

And they turn it over to the holder, a rookie also probably making league minimum.

Where the Bengals got the ball was in the kicker's range. Gaining 4 yards on 3 runs makes little difference.

There are times to play it safe. But don't just concede that you are happy with the 45-50 yard FG.
Don’t you live in Bloomington? Write about the colts. Unless you can prove a meaningful connection to Cincinnati I don’t want to hear it. Seeing all of these chiefs jerseys in stl is at once sad and pathetic.

I wanted to talk about so Dakota Montana

Don’t you live in Bloomington? Write about the colts. Unless you can prove a meaningful connection to Cincinnati I don’t want to hear it. Seeing all of these chiefs jerseys in stl is at once sad and pathetic.

I’ve been to South Dakota twice in the spring. We had a good time. The weather is bipolar.

IMG_0393.jpeg.389771ad34a6e937529991f5b1320bb6.jpeg
Are you saying IU Football is A Shooting Rocket?

IU hired a coach to coach in '83, the Bengals fired their coach and hired him after 1 season here. I am a Bengals fan, never saw a need to root for the Baltimore Colts in their extended stay in Indy.

I loved South Dakota. Took a vacation there, then went back so oldest could tour both SD and SDSU. It is a beautiful state.

IU hired a coach to coach in '83, the Bengals fired their coach and hired him after 1 season here. I am a Bengals fan, never saw a need to root for the Baltimore Colts in their extended stay in Indy.

I loved South Dakota. Took a vacation there, then went back so oldest could tour both SD and SDSU. It is a beautiful state.
Love this. Fandom is a peculiar thing. Cortez and I know a guy who came to Indiana for school from Miami and changed his dolphin’s license plate thing for colts. When the rams came here they put up Jack Youngblood and others on the retired wall around the stadium. Old rams fans would fly here for games. I always felt sorry for them. Our new mls team got 60k deposits for 17k season tix. Other than leagues cup which the fans protested every game is a sell out. They think season tix may never become available again. The stadium is gorgeous. The fans are all in. On social media they post they don’t know what to do until next year starts. They are so incredibly proud of this team. This team is unwatchable. I can’t believe how bad it is. I go and ask why. Why did I bother. Anyway. Sunday funday rant

Reactions: Marvin the Martian

Hasn’t he suffered enough? And then you have to pile on?

Record Kangaroo Court fine. Amount tbd.

And I so fvckin’ called it. Said to the Kid Down the Hall, early in the fourth quarter, that the Bengals would need 45 to win. Also said that when they got the ball in OT that they’d run vanilla shit so they wouldn’t risk an interception and end up with no yards gained, forcing McPherson into a 50+ yard field goal, which he’s consistently good at making. The Ravens knew this. Hell, Taylor Swift knew this. I said, “strike down the field. Don’t settle for this long field goal. Fvck the Ravens, you have Chase and Higgins. Win the damn game. Don’t be so damned Mike Brown pussies.”

But I did make a deal with the Football Gods that the Bengals could have a disastrous season if, as compensation, the Hoosiers could go 10-2, so we got that going for us, which is nice . . .

Reactions: Marvin the Martian

And I so fvckin’ called it. Said to the Kid Down the Hall, early in the fourth quarter, that the Bengals would need 45 to win. Also said that when they got the ball in OT that they’d run vanilla shit so they wouldn’t risk an interception and end up with no yards gained, forcing McPherson into a 50+ yard field goal, which he’s consistently good at making. The Ravens knew this. Hell, Taylor Swift knew this. I said, “strike down the field. Don’t settle for this long field goal. Fvck the Ravens, you have Chase and Higgins. Win the damn game. Don’t be so damned Mike Brown pussies.”

But I did make a deal with the Football Gods that the Bengals could have a disastrous season if, as compensation, the Hoosiers could go 10-2, so we got that going for us, which is nice . . .
Objection. Non-responsive

State your connection to the bengals

So this is the NFL thread now? How bout da Beerz?

Here’s a bears story. New Year’s Eve. Bears packers I believe. Edibles buddy tells me come to Chicago. Nye. Bears packers. Mid 2000s. I go. Gf at the time. Won the hooter’s competition for the region. Asked her to babysit my English bulldog while I was gone. That dog meant more to me than any 1,000 people I’ve known. At half time she sends me a pic of the dog on Craigslist FREE ENGLISH BULLDOG FOR PICKUP

**** you

Here’s a bears story. New Year’s Eve. Bears packers I believe. Edibles buddy tells me come to Chicago. Nye. Bears packers. Mid 2000s. I go. Gf at the time. Won the hooter’s competition for the region. Asked her to babysit my English bulldog while I was gone. That dog meant more to me than any 1,000 people I’ve known. At half time she sends me a pic of the dog on Craigslist FREE ENGLISH BULLDOG FOR PICKUP

**** you
Pics or it didn't happen.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT