ADVERTISEMENT

Washington/Indiana Prediction Thread

IU - 51
UW-13
Their OL can't pass protect.
Their DL can't stop or slow down a rushing attack. Great game practice for Jackson and other aspiring depth. FB game smorgasbord for IU and the stadium full of fans will be ecstatic.
Like 1 ole boy on here has posted a couple times, give the points, take the over and bet the moneyline.

35-14. Washington head coach was already downplaying. He said Cig had the advantage of the portal timing. One hired in December and the other in January. IU is better in just about every area including coaching. This game could be tied at some point but should be business as usual

Hoosiers 45
Huskies 16

As stated above, bet the over and IU to cover. Add in Tayven for 150 yards passing to tease it, I will be doing at least that much, but maybe go to 175 depending on the odds. We have covered and hit the over for 6 straight games and I expect that to continue. If you want to add some more player bets, Ellison to score a rushing TD has been automatic. Sarratt for 50+ receiving is another favorite.

Their QB has quite a lot of potential. They definitely have remnants of high end talent from last years team. With Rourke, I would have said we'd likely thump them pretty good. We still might, Jackson is no slouch. But I think having Jackson in there increases the chances for the unexpected mistakes to happen, turnovers mainly, that could keep this game close. Might have a similar vibe to the Maryland game.

40-24 final, IU wins.

I do not see us making 40+ points, let alone 50+.
I would love to be wrong but the most important position is QB and we are using a back up QB.
Jackson has experience (started 5 games last year) which is great and we are at home. His scramble/run ability will help (I hope). I think we need three things:
1. Home crowd to give Tayven extra confidence.
2. More than just establish the run, but have the running game carry us. Keep Wash defense on the field. Force them to stack the box.
3. Great D performance. Next man up includes the D to rise to the occasion.

I do not see us making 40+ points, let alone 50+.
I would love to be wrong but the most important position is QB and we are using a back up QB.
Jackson has experience (started 5 games last year) which is great and we are at home. His scramble/run ability will help (I hope). I think we need three things:
1. Home crowd to give Tayven extra confidence.
2. More than just establish the run, but have the running game carry us. Keep Wash defense on the field. Force them to stack the box.
3. Great D performance. Next man up includes the D to rise to the occasion.
I hope they stack the box. That’s not their strength. They play not to give up big plays like Nebraska. They are very similar to Nebraska in many ways except they literally can’t stop the run. Their special teams is terrible, not good upfront on offense or defense. This should be a blowout. I mean a terrible Iowa offense scored at will. We don’t need Jackson’s arm in this. I bet we have over 250 yards on the ground.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT