ADVERTISEMENT

Ware.

Bucket Getter

Senior
Apr 9, 2023
Did he hurt himself or embarrass himself by jumping too early? I thought we were about to see something spectacular. Bummer.

Also, that damn phantom goal tend with 1:30 left was going to give Galloway a dunk. 4-pt lead with OSU reeling. Never, ever, underestimate the total clown show that is B1G officiating.

Did he hurt himself or embarrass himself by jumping too early? I thought we were about to see something spectacular. Bummer.

Also, that damn phantom goal tend with 1:30 left was going to give Galloway a dunk. 4-pt lead with OSU reeling. Never, ever, underestimate the total clown show that is B1G officiating.
If KW has a break away, he starts goose stepping, jumps from the free throw line, and spazzes out.

Reactions: Bucket Getter

Hope it is nothing serious. We need Ware if we have any chance at a halfway decent season. And that goal tend was horseshit. Perfectly timed at the apex.

It sure looked like his ankle started to buckle when planted to go up. His whole left leg seemed to contort.

Wouldn't be surprised if he's back in the boot.

With his weakened ankle, he should have kicked the ball out to run clock & force a foul but it's hard to resist a breakaway monster slam especially for a big man that doesn't get to lead the break a lot.

I think he cramped up again. Needs to be sure he's staying hydrated.
In one of the replays it looked like he rolled his ankle again but I didn't see that in all the other replays, so hopefully cramps was all it was.

Reactions: kkott

BIG officiating is a total joke. Most basketball officials absolutely suck at their jobs. WAY too many foul calls last night, imo.

Hope it is nothing serious. We need Ware if we have any chance at a halfway decent season. And that goal tend was horseshit. Perfectly timed at the apex.
Isn't that the second missed call on a Goal Tend against Ware. It seems there was another game he had, where they went to the monitor to call against him.

Both shots..... the ball had reached the apex.... but it had not started coming down.

BIG officiating is a total joke. Most basketball officials absolutely suck at their jobs. WAY too many foul calls last night, imo.
and way to many Monitor Visits as well!!!!!!!!!!!!

the NCAA is going to have to get a handle on these Monitor Visits.

How many minutes during the game... they are standing at a Monitor looking at various calls.... at least 5-10.

And this F1 and F2 crap has to stop as well. The foul on Sparks happened way before his "So Called" F1.

As soon as the first foul happens.... all other subsequent fouls after that call should be null and void....
unless it's a Hickory Husker shove into a Trophy Case!!!!!!! (in that case... bring in the sheriff for assault)

and way to many Monitor Visits as well!!!!!!!!!!!!

the NCAA is going to have to get a handle on these Monitor Visits.

How many minutes during the game... they are standing at a Monitor looking at various calls.... at least 5-10.

And this F1 and F2 crap has to stop as well. The foul on Sparks happened way before his "So Called" F1.

As soon as the first foul happens.... all other subsequent fouls after that call should be null and void....
unless it's a Hickory Husker shove into a Trophy Case!!!!!!! (in that case... bring in the sheriff for assault)
For sure. It was obvious to me they'd never actually seen Sparks play. Bull in a china shop...nothing malicious, just Peyton being Peyton.

Halfway decent ?
Hopefully he's fine ..And it was a good comeback...But a decent season..Sailed a long time ago..I got see a bunch of wins strung together..And like playing in the BTT final game ..To even get me to say...Woodson has momentum..

It seemed very clear to my eyes that his leg buckled up when he planted for the dunk/layup. It bent backwards. Looked very painful to his knee.

Reactions: hookyIU1990
Yes, enjoy him while we can.
Last night wasn’t totally enjoyable. How in the wide world of sports does he only grab ONE rebound? 6 points on 3-10 shooting isn’t ideal either. As vital as he is and and talented as he can be, it still shocks me to see him ranked as the 15th pick in the next nba draft.

Reactions: bbafficionado
Last night wasn’t totally enjoyable. How in the wide world of sports does he only grab ONE rebound? 6 points on 3-10 shooting isn’t ideal either. As vital as he is and and talented as he can be, it still shocks me to see him ranked as the 15th pick in the next nba draft.
He'll be worth the pick. I think he can end up bring quite good with decent coaching.

reminder ... the NBA drafts on "potential" ... they feel 8 hours in their gym with their coaches is better than playing D1 basketball. Can't remember who said that but it was someone in the NBA.

I know this will not be popular but since it was called a goal tend during live action, I do not think there was conclusive video evidence to overturn the call.
It would have been the same if it was called a good block live.
It was just REAL close.

Ware needs to spend the summer in the weight room.
Exactly. He has not shown he has the strength to defend against really big guys. And his post game still needs a lot of work. One more year building strength would really help him.

Looks fine postgame...

I think he hyperextended his knee. It sort of locked up on him. Of course, you can do damage with hyperextension. But it seemed like he was shaking it off. Often that feels better after a couple of days.

Exactly. He has not shown he has the strength to defend against really big guys. And his post game still needs a lot of work. One more year building strength would really help him.
yep but he is not coming back and mm likely is not either.

Reactions: ndhuntington
Halfway decent ?
Hopefully he's fine ..And it was a good comeback...But a decent season..Sailed a long time ago..I got see a bunch of wins strung together..And like playing in the BTT final game ..To even get me to say...Woodson has momentum..
Yeah. That’s what I said. Halfway decent.

I think he cramped up again. Needs to be sure he's staying hydrated.
I had a problem with my calf cramping when I was in my early 20s. For awhile it would lock up while I was in the air and before I came down. I was amazed how quickly it could set in, because I wasn't in the air long!

But I would've also guessed in this day and age the medical/training staff would be able to deal with that if a player had a recurring problem.

I had a problem with my calf cramping when I was in my early 20s. For awhile it would lock up while I was in the air and before I came down. I was amazed how quickly it could set in, because I wasn't in the air long!

But I would've also guessed in this day and age the medical/training staff would be able to deal with that if a player had a recurring problem.
If Ware is cramping that is on S and C and training table.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT