ADVERTISEMENT

Wanted: Legit PG

Yep.

We have Sweet 16 level bigs. Only reason it isn’t better than that is we have no depth behind TJD and Race.

We have bubble level wings/scorers. Guys like Kopp, Stewart, Bates, Geronimo make this area a little better than recent years.

We have non high major level ball handlers. Rob is still here and is Who he’s always been. Xavier is no better than Al was.

NET result is a frustrating bubble level team. Hard to do much these days with below average ball handlers. And I’d say the coaching/chemistry/intangibles are probably bubble level right now too. They certainly aren’t better than the sum of their parts at this point.

Reactions: BigMobe
Yep.

We have Sweet 16 level bigs. Only reason it isn’t better than that is we have no depth behind TJD and Race.

We have bubble level wings/scorers. Guys like Kopp, Stewart, Bates, Geronimo make this area a little better than recent years.

We have non high major level ball handlers. Rob is still here and is Who he’s always been. Xavier is no better than Al was.

NET result is a frustrating bubble level team. Hard to do much these days with below average ball handlers. And I’d say the coaching/chemistry/intangibles are probably bubble level right now too. They certainly aren’t better than the sum of their parts at this point.
Cannot argue with those points. They are fair / valid. A lot of passing around the three point line. Not a lot of movement and zone causes us to just stall. We have to have guards that can penetrate the rim under control. Geronimo looked great in his minutes. Outstanding rebounding and took great shots. Leal needs to hit that last shot. Great look.

Guards combined for 2-16.

X 2-6
RP / TB / PS: 0-3 each, 0-9 combined
Leal: 0-1

Trace with only 6 points. Woof!

Good news is that even with that level of putrid we are only down 1 at the half.

Last edited:
Cannot argue with those points. They are fair / valid. A lot of passing around the three point line. Not a lot of movement and zone causes us to just stall. We have to have guards that can penetrate the rim under control. Geronimo looked great in his minutes. Outstanding rebounding and took great shots. Leal needs to hit that last shot. Great look.

Guards combined for 2-16.

X 2-6
RP / TB / PS: 0-3 each, 0-9 combined
Leal: 0-1

Trace with only 6 points. Woof!

Good news is that even with that level of putrid we are only down 1 at the half.
So then they play Rob and X together…13-2 run for PSU… I’d rather play neither of them, yet they feel compelled to play both of them. Cool.

Reactions: BigMobe
This team is painful to watch on the offensive end. NO way this team mass tourney

Lander will transfer kid should be getting minutes Xavier and Rob are terrible. I'm kinda scared Mike is not playing the young kids we need to develop or were screwed next year and beyond.

I've seen little from Lander saying positive development would happen with more minutes. I see talent but immaturity hindering honing the talent into skills. He would have been served better playing his Senior year in HS. He'll become a good CBB performer but probably not an NBA level competitor. Bates would gain most by more minutes.

Reactions: Beorik
We have a point guard. His name is Lander. You live or die with him. Why not?
Because so far he has shown next to nothing and is obviously doing the same in practice. The kid looks scared most of the time. I have friend in Southern Indiana and his son was very good athlete and played against Lander (and always guarded him) many times in high school. The Lander we are seeing is exactly the one he told me to expect. Always thought he was massively over rated and so far that looks to be the case.

Yep.

TJD misses more bunnies than Elmer Fudd!
Look how much we miss Durham. Could really use him now. Hope OSU doesn’t blow us out.

Lander will transfer kid should be getting minutes Xavier and Rob are terrible. I'm kinda scared Mike is not playing the young kids we need to develop or were screwed next year and beyond.
I get the feeling he will leave as well given he is not playing. Despite what some say next year could be very very ugly. I am not at all impressed with Xavier in the games I have watched. Granted I have not watched when we beat up on cupcakes but against good teams he looks bad.

Reactions: ndhuntington
Yep.

The thing is on paper we have plenty of talent our players are just not smart and lack bbal IQ it seems. I mean how a team can like Wisconsin will all three stars and below be as good as they are? They do not have more physical talent than us they just do not. They just run a system great and are very smart players. Even a team like Purdue is recruiting higher guys now but has mostly won with three star recruits. Zach Edey was rated in the 300’s. I do wonder if our NBA style is going to actually translate in the big ten. I think we will have to recruit some pretty darn good athletes to make it work.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT