ADVERTISEMENT

******** W*******

That annoyed me a bit in the free chat lol. You cant call something uncatchable when a guy isn't allowed to get in position to try, but had a chance to get in position without the hold.
Holding while the ball is in the air is PI …. The ball wasn’t thrown to the right sideline.

McCulley drew two other PI calls… apparently he is feared now.

That annoyed me a bit in the free chat lol. You cant call something uncatchable when a guy isn't allowed to get in position to try, but had a chance to get in position without the hold.

Was right in front of me. The defender was holding onto his shoulder pads for several yards. When you slow a WR long before the ball is getting there (and you could see it clearly impeded DMac to get down field) it’s a no-brainer call for a ref.

It was a beautiful day for a football game, a day filled with many feel-good moments. The B-52 flyover I witnessed from the HH lot was special. I didn’t know it was coming so it was a natural rush.

I tried sneaking in a plastic water bottle hidden in my pocket. As long as I didn’t attract a crotch-watcher I figured I was okay. I didn’t realize the security pass-thru thing detects large objects non-metallic like that. I’m probably behind the times in new technology, but I told him I had two hip replacements. He could probably see them, along with my religion. He told me no. He knew from the sound of his machine I was hiding something. It’s a good thing, this increased awareness. My “water” might have been my Molotov cocktail, as Khrushchev liked to say when not beating his shoe at you. All of history turns to dust.

Everyone at the game had a good time. These kind of games on these kind of days don’t come often for us. People were slow to leave the stadium. Most wanted to experience the moment a little longer, lingering in the trenches of their giddiness. I was one. Hours later still in celebration, we carry on at least until the next one, Illinois with no “s” sound on the “s” letter, please.

Tom Allan is now 2-1 against Wisconsin. I was surprised there were so many WI fans. I gave my condolences to a few. They didn’t seem to mind though, they could feel our energy at exit and it’s contagious, no matter who you are. Win or loose, it was a very entertaining game. IU fans sleep well tonight.

You should actually attend the games in person rather than your idiotic blather from the cheap seats…..your Lazy Boy.
I was at Assembly Hall (always good seats) last night, but I had to watch today's football game on my phone at my kid's travel basketball games. We are locals and don't miss many home football or basketball games. I'll be in WL for the bucket game as well.

Reactions: 76-1 and muubell
It was a beautiful day for a football game, a day filled with many feel-good moments. The B-52 flyover I witnessed from the HH lot was special. I didn’t know it was coming so it was a natural rush.

I tried sneaking in a plastic water bottle hidden in my pocket. As long as I didn’t attract a crotch-watcher I figured I was okay. I didn’t realize the security pass-thru thing detects large objects non-metallic like that. I’m probably behind the times in new technology, but I told him I had two hip replacements. He could probably see them, along with my religion. He told me no. He knew from the sound of his machine I was hiding something. It’s a good thing, this increased awareness. My “water” might have been my Molotov cocktail, as Khrushchev liked to say when not beating his shoe at you. All of history turns to dust.

Everyone at the game had a good time. These kind of games on these kind of days don’t come often for us. People were slow to leave the stadium. Most wanted to experience the moment a little longer, lingering in the trenches of their giddiness. I was one. Hours later still in celebration, we carry on at least until the next one, Illinois with no “s” sound on the “s” letter, please.

Tom Allan is now 2-1 against Wisconsin. I was surprised there were so many WI fans. I gave my condolences to a few. They didn’t seem to mind though, they could feel our energy at exit and it’s contagious, no matter who you are. Win or loose, it was a very entertaining game. IU fans sleep well tonight.
Good for you, IU football fans deserve a moment in the sun once in a while. If things don't work out for CTA, at least he will leave with a winning record against Bucky. I can't imagine the sh!t Fickell is taking.

Reactions: 76-1
Our defense played a good game.

I was really surprised by Shaw. I liked what he did at the Husky. I also liked that Dunham played with containment and discipline.

Casey came alive and was a man beast in the 4th quarter.

Also was nice to see Rudolph come in and be productive with solid snaps at backup backer.

On offense, was nice to see our twin towers of McCulley and Williams step up and make plays at receiver. We know they have talent and now that C.J. is healthy, he gives Sorsby another big body to throw to. Carter also flashed today.

Hopefully Coop isn't hurt long term. That would suck if he is because he's been playing well.

I was at Assembly Hall (always good seats) last night, but I had to watch today's football game on my phone at my kid's travel basketball games. We are locals and don't miss many home football or basketball games. I'll be in WL for the bucket game as well.

You can leave out the pot shots lobbed at someone who was there.
I was commenting on the game. Nothing was directed at you.

Hats off to Sorsby today. The kid is tough man. He got rocked a few times and the Ol didn't help him much 2nd half. He gets the warrior award imo.

He got it last week too, in my opinion. Reminds me a lot of Ramsey. Thought he showed at least even early with Jackson but had better instincts. That was pretty evident throughout. Jackson feels like a really good athlete but no QB instincts like Sorsby.

WisClown behind us was bitching about the last DPI claiming it was uncatchable.

“Dude he is 6’5” and can leap”. It was way past him only because he was held three strides out
lol Yeah, he tackled our WR. The call was legit, although I'm pretty sure it really was uncatchable.

Let’s keep the RMK stickers … They clearly didn’t hurt.

Illini, MSU, and PU are hated basketball rivals too.

Corso once told a story where a recruit wanted to meet RMK during an official visit … RMK obliged … the recruit signed.

lol Yeah, he tackled our WR. The call was legit, although I'm pretty sure it really was uncatchable.
Watched the replay last night. If you give him back those two strides and he goes up...it is a lesser catch than the one he made earlier.

Reactions: midwolfe
Watched the replay last night. If you give him back those two strides and he goes up...it is a lesser catch than the one he made earlier.
How long was he being aggressively held?

I haven’t watched the replay but it looked like 10 yards at least.

Reactions: midwolfe
It does not matter whether the pass is catchable or not. That is only the NFL rule. It does not apply to college or high school. When the referee waves his hand over his head he signaling the ball had already passed the receiver when the contact occurred. Not signaling uncatchable.

It does not matter whether the pass is catchable or not. That is only the NFL rule. It does not apply to college or high school. When the referee waves his hand over his head he signaling the ball had already passed the receiver when the contact occurred. Not signaling uncatchable.
Well THAT was certainly not the case.

"Is that a water bottle in your pocket, or are you just happy to see me?"

I'm not saying it's a college rule. I said the call was legit. But I thought it was uncatchable, which is just a comment.

He got it last week too, in my opinion. Reminds me a lot of Ramsey. Thought he showed at least even early with Jackson but had better instincts. That was pretty evident throughout. Jackson feels like a really good athlete but no QB instincts like Sorsby.
I still think Jackson has the higher upside but Sorsby's earned the job. It reminds me of Penix and Ramsey. Ramsey was a very good college quarterback but Penix had the potential to be a great one.

I still think Jackson has the higher upside but Sorsby's earned the job. It reminds me of Penix and Ramsey. Ramsey was a very good college quarterback but Penix had the potential to be a great one.
He needs to work on his throwing mechanics and he'll be fine. But he was very Bazelak at times. Way off target to guys who were open.

Reactions: 4IUSox2
He needs to work on his throwing mechanics and he'll be fine. But he was very Bazelak at times. Way off target to guys who were open.
That, he'll have to learn. But the kid's got a world of potential.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT