ADVERTISEMENT

vs. Michigan in Big Ten semis/Wed 8:00

MSOC_Tourney_Bracket_110323_98.png

Michigan has only 5 victories on the year, 2 of which were against Northwestern. Remarkable they have 7 draws, including a 0-0 thriller with IU in late September.

Michigan has only 5 victories on the year, 2 of which were against Northwestern. Remarkable they have 7 draws, including a 0-0 thriller with IU in late September.
How many years has it been since they changed the OT rule? Would have to think that OT would've favored us over the years. Assume the change was to limit excess minutes for the players, or was there some other motivation?

How many years has it been since they changed the OT rule? Would have to think that OT would've favored us over the years. Assume the change was to limit excess minutes for the players, or was there some other motivation?
Just in the last 2-3 years and I'm sure that was the reason too. It really allows the lesser talented team to "pack it in" for 90 minutes and go for that 0-0 draw when facing a much stronger team.

Reactions: muubell
Match notes

A WIN WOULD:
• Give Indiana its eighth win in nine games...
• Mark IU's seventh consecutive trip to the Big Ten final and No. 23 overall...
• Improve Indiana's record in the Michigan series to 24-4-5.
It would also help with NCAA draw/seeding.

And for some personal history here: I remember attending the first ever IU-Michigan game. It was Michigan's first year as a varsity sport in 2000 and they were awful. I believe it was 7-0 at halftime (vs. a rebuilding IU team) when Jerry emptied the bench.

Last edited:
It would also help with NCAA draw/seeding.

And for some personal history here: I remember attending the first ever IU-Michigan game. It was Michigan's first year as a varsity sport in 2000 and they were awful. I believe it was 7-0 at halftime (vs. a rebuilding IU team) when Jerry emptied the bench.
Yeah, I said that a double title would help seeding before. IU crept up to 25th in one of the three prominent soccer polls (as shown in the match notes). Depending on the rest of the conference tourney losses, maybe IU gets a bye and a home game. Just a home game (top 32 of tourney field) is a plus from where IU stood at the end of Sept.

Ohio State and Penn State on BTN at 6:00. Let's hope they don't go to overtime or PKs.
Ugghhh. This has been a tough game to watch. Way too many long stoppages, video replay reviews, guys taking their time on injuries. A college soccer game should never take 2 hours and 15 minute- and that’s before OT.i

Reactions: muubell and dr.jb
Big rebound by Mihalic … assist by Sarver … in the final minute of the half for 3-1 lead.

Don’t let up in the 2nd half.

Reactions: Im4iu89
Interesting Outcome … MI Bucknor gets a red card after MI scores the tying goal … hard to win playing with 10.

TEAMPRDCLOCKPLAYSCORE

IND
120:47GOAL scored by Indiana Goumballe,Maouloune, bottom left of goal off right foot.0-1

U-M
121:54GOAL scored by Michigan Bucknor,Jason, bottom right of goal off left foot; Assist by Vasquez,Simon.1-1

IND
135:09GOAL scored by Indiana Bacharach,Hugo, bottom left of goal off left foot.1-2

IND
144:52GOAL scored by Indiana Mihalic,Tommy, top left of goal off right foot; Assist by Sarver,Samuel.1-3

U-M
253:59Michigan Rogers,Quin PENALTY KICK GOAL, bottom right of net.2-3

U-M
271:50GOAL scored by Michigan Ferch,Riley, top left of goal; Assist by Fisher,Matthew.3-3

IND
286:07GOAL scored by Indiana Goumballe,Maouloune, bottom right of goal off right foot; Assist by Bacharach,Hugo3-4

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT