ADVERTISEMENT

Vaccination Strategy and Therapeutics for those who have contracted the Virus

... are the vaccines a detriment in the long run bc they engender more potent variants to circumvent them?
No, not at all. Variants are not emerging in response to vaccines. Variants are emerging in the unvaccinated population by random mutation.

It is fundamentally different from the development of resistance to therapeutics, where variants emerge in treated populations.

Evolution of resistance to neutralizing antibodies, without an unvaccinated population driving infection, is unheard of.

But...but...but...jet says we need to listen to the guy, and we are willfully ignorant if we don't.

Like I said, I feel like I practice willful discernment. Too bad jet is incapable.
I never claimed what he wrote was accurate or that I believed it, only was compelled to call you out for not bEwing willing to read or take what was written into consideration. You, Courtsense, Shitter, are no more competent at judging who or what info is accurate than any number of anti-vax wackos out there, but make all kinds of claims based on scientists you choose to believe while ignoring the dissenters. In fact Shitter, in spite of all his claims of being some kind of “scientist” has been wrong more than right. I was just having a laugh at the hubris of some of you that feel like you truly understand what all of the outcomes of Covid are & the role vaccination may play when you really have no clue beyond what some politicians are promoting, & god knows their motives are likely not pure…

• Haha
Reactions: Bulk VanderHuge
No, not at all. Variants are not emerging in response to vaccines. Variants are emerging in the unvaccinated population by random mutation.

It is fundamentally different from the development of resistance to therapeutics, where variants emerge in treated populations.

Evolution of resistance to neutralizing antibodies, without an unvaccinated population driving infection, is unheard of.
so a new variant isn't necessarily emerging as a response to vaccines but rather independent of same. and if our existing vaccines aren't effective against a variant that too isn't necessarily connected, but rather random

I have primarily stayed on the sidelines and read many posts on this board relative to the pandemic, vaccinations and all the ugliness that comes with that discussion. I post these two articles as a means to provide more content around the topics. As difficult and apparently impossible for some to simply inform themselves without attacking an alternate view, I wanted to introduce these articles as a means to educate oneself. Whether you choose to believe the content of this information or it more solidifies a differing view, the basis of my providing this is to merely educate. I am sure for some reading an article by a medical professional rooted in a deep religious faith may be off putting. But do not allow her faith to take away from her experience as a medical professional and her views on medicine.
Both articles provide interesting content from professionals in their field that provide an interesting vantage point of vaccination strategy as well as treating those who contract the virus. Thanks.

The first article is an opinion piece from Peter Navarro. :rolleyes:

Yeah...he's legit.

Reactions: cosmickid
I have primarily stayed on the sidelines and read many posts on this board relative to the pandemic, vaccinations and all the ugliness that comes with that discussion. I post these two articles as a means to provide more content around the topics. As difficult and apparently impossible for some to simply inform themselves without attacking an alternate view, I wanted to introduce these articles as a means to educate oneself. Whether you choose to believe the content of this information or it more solidifies a differing view, the basis of my providing this is to merely educate. I am sure for some reading an article by a medical professional rooted in a deep religious faith may be off putting. But do not allow her faith to take away from her experience as a medical professional and her views on medicine.
Both articles provide interesting content from professionals in their field that provide an interesting vantage point of vaccination strategy as well as treating those who contract the virus. Thanks.

Peter Navarro 🙄

so a new variant isn't necessarily emerging as a response to vaccines but rather independent of same. and if our existing vaccines aren't effective against a variant that too isn't necessarily connected, but rather random
Here's an article from Penn State News, Aug 8, 2021 that suggests otherwise. If you read the whole article, it's also a pretty convincing reason for the unvaxxed to get vaxxed! Outside Shooter said that it's dumb, but I thought it was pretty interesting.

https://news.psu.edu/story/363898/2...cines-support-evolution-more-virulent-viruses

Nah. After I read the well-poisoning paragraph, then saw lifesitenews.com, I knew what I would be getting into, especially when the second source is a newspaper founded by Sun Myung Moon. No need to press down if you burn your hand on the stove.
You record of expressing uninformed partisan opinions remains intact

You record of expressing uninformed partisan opinions remains intact
Thanks, buddy!
So, what were your takeaways from the two articles: one from a Dr. who views everything through the lens of abortion (even though the vaccine has nothing to do with any fetuses) on the Life Site News site, and one from Dr. Malone, who lies about being an inventor of the mRNA vaccine, from the Washington Times site?
Did you read them? (I did.)
I await your "expert" analysis.

(Oh, and try English next time.)

Thanks, buddy!
So, what were your takeaways from the two articles: one from a Dr. who views everything through the lens of abortion (even though the vaccine has nothing to do with any fetuses) on the Life Site News site, and one from Dr. Malone, who lies about being an inventor of the mRNA vaccine, from the Washington Times site?
Did you read them? (I did.)
I await your "expert" analysis.

(Oh, and try English next time.)
Sorry - I don’t get my info or my validation from The Water Cooler. I didn’t read them. I merely pointed out your admission that you didn’t read the articles either - you judged by them by their cover and you stopped at “oh, wait, this one disagrees with me/isn’t from an approved propaganda site. I gotta hide in my safe space and launch an insult post on the Cooler and wait for the troops to send kudos and reinforcements.”

Sorry - I don’t get my info or my validation from The Water Cooler. I didn’t read them. I merely pointed out your admission that you didn’t read the articles either - you judged by them by their cover and you stopped at “oh, wait, this one disagrees with me/isn’t from an approved propaganda site. I gotta hide in my safe space and launch an insult post on the Cooler and wait for the troops to send kudos and reinforcements.”
I usually don't partake in "I know you are but what am I - ism", but you just described what you did/do here. You didn't read the article, you judged it by the cover, you are hiding in your safe space, and you have launched an insult post. I'm sure the kudos and reinforcements are not far behind. I'm sure likes from DANC, jet, JH, and/or stoll are forthcoming.
Have a great evening, pal.

I usually don't partake in "I know you are but what am I - ism", but you just described what you did/do here. You didn't read the article, you judged it by the cover, you are hiding in your safe space, and you have launched an insult post. I'm sure the kudos and reinforcements are not far behind. I'm sure likes from DANC, jet, JH, and/or stoll are forthcoming.
Have a great evening, pal.
Unlike you, I did not ridicule ideas expressed in articles I did not read. I ridiculed the person who ridiculed ideas in articles he did not read.

I’m sure you won’t understand the difference, so, ask someone. If your friends really value you, they’ll explain.

Remains to be seen to me I will watch more. I got the shot but these maniacs and there are more than one piss me off. The ones basically wishing death on people making their own decison And especially saying decision is only based on political affiliation.
Agree. Only the whiny beeches have no patience. LOL

What .pct of people are vax'd? 49.6%

Not going to run out and get a shot for every variant that pops up.

Overly kind.

Here is why I am adamant about getting the jabs.

Setting aside the obvious health and death issues for a moment.

I Hate...despise... wearing a mask
I hate...despise seeing kids wearing masks in school
I hate...despise hearing school kids taunting each other about masks or no masks based on their parents
I Love Indiana Basketball, Football, Baseball, concerts and the Theatre
I Hate...despise...not being able to attend those or attending in a mask
I Hate...despise...the economy being shuttered or limited due to soaring case and hospitalization rates.
I Hate...despise...listening or reading various contrived conspiracy theories about the vaccine.

This could have been and should have been almost over by now but we are being pushed backwards due to low jab rates...and I despise that with every cell in my vaxxed body.

If this is offense to some here...I am sorry for them but my mind is unlikely to change any time soon.
So what. My mind isn't changing either. I don't care if people do or don't get vax'd. The Delta variant was first seen last October and apparently the current vax folks can get it. So blaming it on un vax'd is BS. If the original variant seems way down so what about the 50% who didn't get vax'd. Why didn't they keep it going.

I'll keep going to Texas High School games, UT volleyball and basketball games, concerts, Austin FC soccer matches, Dallas Cowboy games. Went to California for vacation and attended San Diego Padre game in a packed house where the .pct of folks not masked was very high. Went to the zoo and went to the beach.

The govt. needs scapegoats to blame when their propaganda machine falls short. So if US reaches herd immunity what about the rest of world. You gonna buy into the [propaganda that everything is OK when the entire world population is no where close to the numbers and may never be.

The good news about getting vax'd is I have the passport and it seems easy to duplicate and put a signature and date in it. There isd even an empty line to fill in for any booster. I'm sure sporting events and restaurants will be able to distinguish the difference. Not. US loves wars and enabling black markets. They are just creating another war on their own people and the black market will follow.

Go back and read about the Spanish Flu, the first wave was not deadly. The second wave was a mutation and became very deadly. There were no vaccines.

Viruses copy themselves to reproduce, no sex. Viruses often fail to perfectly copy. Those copies that fail to copy perfectly are mutations. Some mutations have no real impact, some mutations actually kill the virus, some change how damaging it is to the host, some change how communicable it is. It is random, the virus has no way of telling it's copy to become more communicable.

This is a safeguard for the virus. It allows the virus a chance to mutate past a body's defenses. But it is random, no guarantees when that will happen.

The one big factor is the amount of the virus in the world. If there is a lot of virus in the world, a lot more copies are being made. There is an increased chance a copy will become more deadly or more communicable.

Viruses copy and mutate at different rates. COVID is fairly slow, slow enough we can track who infects whom if we wanted. HIV mutates amazingly fast. Hence why no vaccination was ever possible.

Go back and read about the Spanish Flu, the first wave was not deadly. The second wave was a mutation and became very deadly. There were no vaccines.

Viruses copy themselves to reproduce, no sex. Viruses often fail to perfectly copy. Those copies that fail to copy perfectly are mutations. Some mutations have no real impact, some mutations actually kill the virus, some change how damaging it is to the host, some change how communicable it is. It is random, the virus has no way of telling it's copy to become more communicable.

This is a safeguard for the virus. It allows the virus a chance to mutate past a body's defenses. But it is random, no guarantees when that will happen.

The one big factor is the amount of the virus in the world. If there is a lot of virus in the world, a lot more copies are being made. There is an increased chance a copy will become more deadly or more communicable.

Viruses copy and mutate at different rates. COVID is fairly slow, slow enough we can track who infects whom if we wanted. HIV mutates amazingly fast. Hence why no vaccination was ever possible.
Thank you Marv. Very useful

Agree. Only the whiny beeches have no patience. LOL

What .pct of people are vax'd? 49.6%

Not going to run out and get a shot for every variant that pops up.

So what. My mind isn't changing either. I don't care if people do or don't get vax'd. The Delta variant was first seen last October and apparently the current vax folks can get it. So blaming it on un vax'd is BS. If the original variant seems way down so what about the 50% who didn't get vax'd. Why didn't they keep it going.

I'll keep going to Texas High School games, UT volleyball and basketball games, concerts, Austin FC soccer matches, Dallas Cowboy games. Went to California for vacation and attended San Diego Padre game in a packed house where the .pct of folks not masked was very high. Went to the zoo and went to the beach.

The govt. needs scapegoats to blame when their propaganda machine falls short. So if US reaches herd immunity what about the rest of world. You gonna buy into the [propaganda that everything is OK when the entire world population is no where close to the numbers and may never be.

The good news about getting vax'd is I have the passport and it seems easy to duplicate and put a signature and date in it. There isd even an empty line to fill in for any booster. I'm sure sporting events and restaurants will be able to distinguish the difference. Not. US loves wars and enabling black markets. They are just creating another war on their own people and the black market will follow.
dumb

I know you want to open up discussion to different points of view, but articles from Life Site News? Really? So if I post articles from Weekly World News, can I expect serious discussion, and implore people to not consider the source?
Your whole paragraph prior to your copied posts was nothing more than poisoning the well against anyone who might call bullshit.

So, go ahead and tell me about my closed mind.
I tell ya, if all these states with republican governors and legislatures keep having all these Covid surges, we’re gonna have to stop electing democrats.

Courtsense has very strong feelings re vaccinations but kindly consider same within the context of his posting history - one of the board's most rational, sound voices who consistently ranked amongst the board's top three posters
In the mcmurtry66 rankings. ;)

Reactions: mcmurtry66

Every major country is going to experience a Delta wave, but the severity of it will be determined by vaccination rates (not comparably ineffective restrictions).

Lessons should be:
1) Get used to spikes in cases
2) Focus on proactive vaccinations instead of reactive restrictions

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT